Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SORMCC onroad racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bet noisy tourers never had trouble getting their drivers licenses in real life as doing a reverse park would be second nature, as on the track they back it in every corner
Old 12-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Coxy
BK me my guest, I would love to see one of those cars at least look driveable. And I am sure you would be the man to do it, with that electric experience in hand.

Coxy
it's ok my new car will gain approval... i promise...and if i feel it's safe i might even let you have a go!

for a while at the Kambah track my V1RR was 1 lap clear of any time posted by an electric car (21 laps, ive never done this with electric).

Last edited by black-knight; 12-08-2002 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
I bet noisy tourers never had trouble getting their drivers licenses in real life as doing a reverse park would be second nature, as on the track they back it in every corner
lol, heard it all before!
Old 12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Oh i forgot about the drivers license thing, BK your like 29 (actually) or something and still have not been able to get a license, maybe you should go down and do some more nitro practice

Last edited by black-knight; 12-08-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

BK if you keep editing my posts i will come down to what you call your office ( ie the mens gallery) and slap you around
Old 12-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

BK if you keep editing my posts i will come down to what you call your office ( ie the mens gallery) and slap you around
what?
Old 12-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Hello Guys,

I went out on Saturday to check out the club SORMCC and track as I just picked up a second hand HPI nitro RS4 and thought it would be a good place for its first run.
Well what a great afternoon of fun. I wasn't the fasted guy out there and didn't think I would run as good as I did, found that the car has a problem turning right would want to oversteer.

The track is clean and the Canteen was great and doesn't break the bank, toilets nice and clean also.

Old 12-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

See if your suspension is moving freely, and that you get full steering lock in both directions, if everything looks right, you car is probably tweaked, ie the suspension is putting more pressure on one wheel than the other, to adjust this check your spring preloads are the same from side to side, and then you can fine tune it be changing the preload, next time you are racing ask one of the more experienced noisy tourer guys for a hand, or come down to the electric boys and we can have a look.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

next time you are racing ask one of the more experienced noisy tourer guys for a hand, or come down to the electric boys and we can have a look.
So many lines I could use there.

Yea actually go see a guy by the name of Paul Smith, his car does 21 laps of Kambah and that's in a gas car, so he must be good

Coxy.

Old 12-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Classes In Electric

Hi Coxy and all , i'm thinking about going on the 18th, in the electric class. What classes are in the electric class. Is it just open (Mod)? Or is there stock as well ..

Gabes
Old 12-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Classes In Electric

Originally posted by gabe
Hi Coxy and all , i'm thinking about going on the 18th, in the electric class. What classes are in the electric class. Is it just open (Mod)? Or is there stock as well ..

Gabes
Yea real good. Still on a high from the Tamiya worlds. Hey come out, I am sure a stock class will be had. I will try to get some stock guys from the Hill to come along. If not you can still race but in Mod. Hey we don’t care if you are in our class, might even lend you a mod motor to put in if your game.

Coxy
Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

ok cool thanks.. ill actually bring my mod.

Cya then
Gabes
Old 12-10-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys I don't know when I will be back out to run it but I know I've got to do a bit of work on it to find the problem, but for the first time I ever ran the car it wasn't bad a bit slow but it's just for fun for me. Might be able to get out there in Feb.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, me and my friend are keen on runnin on wedensday.. we are addicted to rc racing now.. however, he only has a silver can 540. I have a peak spitfire (stock) and a 12x2, only have 2000 batts though. So i am wondering whether or not stock will race.. the other interested guy left for mod.. so if we rockup will we get a race? ... im keen to try my hand at the new radio i bought off coxy! (it's sweet as mate!!!)
Old 12-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Just bring what you have and come and race, i believe there should be quite a few people there this wed night and im sure we can arrange for graded classes. As last weekend there was a mini, and a couple of stock cars, so it shouldnt require too many more people and you will have a seperate class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.