R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   SORMCC onroad racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/9562-sormcc-onroad-racing.html)

black-knight 11-13-2002 11:40 PM

SORMCC onroad racing

I have created this thread for discussion relating to meetings operated by SORMCC.

Address: www.sydneyonroadmodelcarclub.com.au

black-knight 11-13-2002 11:42 PM

Notice: Details for the next SORMCC meeting at Morreau Res, Eastern Creek

Date: Saturday the 23rd

Practice from 2.00pm and racing to start at 3.00pm.(Finishing under lights if needed)

Classes will be:

1/10th Electric touring car - Stock
1/10th Electric touring car - Modified
1/10th Nitro touring car - pull start and non pull start

Entry per class $10.00

240v power, canteen and toilets on site.

chookgb 11-14-2002 01:42 AM

cool sounds good also how many heats do you think we will get and rough estimate on finish time

black-knight 11-14-2002 03:05 AM

3 heats and 1 final

Darkman 11-17-2002 02:41 PM

hi BK... Mr Dei Rossi told me about this weekend so my bro and I will come down if dats okay... :D

i will post race meet on the OzRyderz site... also, if you need any help on a site, i would be more than happy to provide one for SORMCC... let me know... cheers!

Besercoe 11-17-2002 04:29 PM

Darkman, why dont you make your site a little less complicated and full, there are sooooo many things trying to grab your attention, that it makes it too hard for the reward

muugen 11-17-2002 04:38 PM

Originally posted by Besercoe
Darkman, why dont you make your site a little less complicated and full, there are sooooo many things trying to grab your attention, that it makes it too hard for the reward
I thought it was just me , I need to take a sedative before logging on :p :p :p

Darkman 11-17-2002 05:10 PM

bwahahahah its a portal... so its suppose to hypnotise you so that you start twitching and wont be able to control your mouse... :nod:

hehehehehe its spose to be like that unfortunately... :D

Besercoe 11-17-2002 06:26 PM

Wouldnt an effective portal be something nice, simple and inviting? you dont need the entire websites information on the front page.

adz 11-17-2002 07:57 PM

So what type of surface butumen, concrete, rough or smooth?

adz 11-17-2002 07:58 PM

what type of tyres work?

Besercoe 11-17-2002 08:03 PM

Tool - It is pretty flat but coarse bitumen, i went for a gander last week, and it appeared to be quite slipery, although it has sat unused for quite a while. Steve has a blower so that should get rid of most the crap, and i believe they sprayed it with sugar water, so going forward grip should be ok,

could be a good place to use up all my old slightly chunked foam tires at clubbies.

Geeza ran foams on both gas and electric but chewed them up quite quickly, but i believe they were eagles and quite soft compounds with traction additive on them.

Drayton ran some orion rubbers, and after 4-5 runs they still looked in pretty good nick but it was pretty skaty for him. So i guess start out with foams and go from there.

Darkman 11-17-2002 08:27 PM

eheheheh true but its not like an ordinary site that has limited content for a particular subject or region, if it was so, then the site would be hella smaller... what you see on the front page is only 10% of the content... a portal which is nice and simple is not a portal... cause it prolly wouldn't have that much of an info...

that's how big OzRyderz is... but anyway, if you are not used to seeing something that rich in content than I can understand... can take a while to get used too...

What does SORMCC stand for? Let me take a guess... Sydney On Road M??SomethingSomething Car Club?

How does the lap time work? AMB Transponders? How many people attended last time?

adz 11-18-2002 10:24 PM

Tool - It is pretty flat but coarse bitumen, i went for a gander last week, and it appeared to be quite slipery, although it has sat unused for quite a while. Steve has a blower so that should get rid of most the crap, and i believe they sprayed it with sugar water, so going forward grip should be ok,
TOOL! What u talken about willis!

contact 11-19-2002 12:04 AM

portal???.... i thought that was one of those plastic dunnies they has at the 1:8 worlds at morebank last year!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: