Default From drivers stand, looking left

Next meet on 18th Dec 2002.

7pm start.

Xmas bash and BBQ
Attached Thumbnails SORMCC onroad racing-rootyhill1.jpg  
Old 12-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Drivers stand

For those of you who went to Condell Park, and were game enough to get up on the drivers stand, theres no need to worry about feeling the middle of the stand's floor giving way during a race.
Attached Thumbnails SORMCC onroad racing-driverstand.jpg  
Old 12-07-2002, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Transponder bridge & amenities block

I don't know if the amenities block is open though, did need to go!

Anyone else know?

Still not having raced my car there yet, not getting a feel for the track yet, and hearing that some guys go as low at 35 shore on the rear and 40 on the front...

anyone else care to let us in on what they've run, and some tips on camber etc?

see you on the 18th @ 7
Old 12-08-2002, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

a few of the electric boys went down on sat urday, and had a run with mods, ranging from 8 turns to 10 turns, the track was very good, most of us were running UFRA 40 rear and 40 Fronts, with pretty much came setup as everywhere else, one good thing was it seemed pretty easy on batteries. Although the tire wear was pretty high nearly 1 mm per run.

We had a ball a nice laid back afternoon of racing, we set the tents up under the trees and it was quite cool, even though it was a hot day, the lights were turned on to show us their effectiveness, and it appeared in the dusk to be adequate.

Looking forward to the next meet, pass the word around that there is a new track running, very professional with a good atmosphere, the council is behind the club, and with continued support there are plenty of plans for development, even the possibility of a resurface, such as kambah (tar paint).
Old 12-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

besercoe / bk / anyone - whats the calendar looking like at eastern cr for dec/jan (apart from the summer nats!)
Old 12-08-2002, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
besercoe / bk / anyone - whats the calendar looking like at eastern cr for dec/jan (apart from the summer nats!)
I know there is one more race meet this year but can't remember the date. It's a free race meet and BBQ all you can eat. I know he will update his web site soon and I have afeeling it is on the 18th of December. Wednesday nigth starting at 7pm. As for the new year i am not too sure.

www.sormcc.org

Coxy
Old 12-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Coxy
I know there is one more race meet this year but can't remember the date. It's a free race meet and BBQ all you can eat. I know he will update his web site soon and I have afeeling it is on the 18th of December. Wednesday nigth starting at 7pm. As for the new year i am not too sure.

www.sormcc.org

Coxy
Website has been updated! The race meeting is on Wednesday the 18th of Decemeber starting at 7:00pm. With racing under stadium lighting. FREE BBQ for all competitors.

EVERYONE WELCOME .

For more details check out the website via the following URL:

SORMCC

Regards
Erica
Old 12-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Transponder bridge & amenities block

Originally posted by Glenn
I don't know if the amenities block is open though, did need to go!

Anyone else know?

Still not having raced my car there yet, not getting a feel for the track yet, and hearing that some guys go as low at 35 shore on the rear and 40 on the front...

anyone else care to let us in on what they've run, and some tips on camber etc?

see you on the 18th @ 7
Hi Glenn,
The amenities block is always open .. Just walk on over to the canteen and the girls in there will point you in the right direction. I know the female toilet is to the right of the canteen .. Not to sure about the location of the male one but its probably to the left of the canteen.

I personally run 42 on the front and 37 on the rear. I might try 40 on the rear next time. I did notice however once the tyres worn down a bit there was improved handling of my new car. It was awesome. Now I need to learn how to drive properly ...

Regards
Erica
Old 12-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy

www.sormcc.org

Coxy
hmmm... all you can eat, im there!
Old 12-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
hmmm... all you can eat, im there!
That's what Berscoe said LOL
Old 12-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just checked out the results, i love it when i see the electric cars putting 3-4 laps on a noisy tourer, with all that noise and mess they could at least be fast!
Old 12-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
I just checked out the results, i love it when i see the electric cars putting 3-4 laps on a noisy tourer, with all that noise and mess they could at least be fast!
at the Summer Nats, i'll put your battery operated toy to shame with my noisy tourer!

maybe even on Wenesday 18th for the night meet!
Old 12-08-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
at the Summer Nats, i'll put your battery operated toy to shame with my noisy tourer!

maybe even on Wenesday 18th for the night meet!
BK me my guest, I would love to see one of those cars at least look driveable. And I am sure you would be the man to do it, with that electric experience in hand.

Coxy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.