Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SORMCC onroad racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Roo
Tech Master

Well done and thanks to all the SORMCC drivers who competed in the PDNR Challenge. It was great to see you all there and we hope you enjoyed your time and took lots away from the weekend at PDNR...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Well for relevant impact it wasn't really a case of hitting the timbers as launching over the top of them at the end of the main straight.

I was thinking the same thing with the gearing. I was browsing thru the ntc3 gear ratio chart. I'm not 100% sure how many teeth I have on the 2nd spur gear (couldn't be arsed taking the spur gears off atm), but the pinion gear is maxed out for top speed. I have a spare 2nd speed pinion with one less tooth which I'll try next race at whalan. I can also swap out the 2nd pinion gear for the other size if needed - I have spares of both available options.

Hopefully that will be this weekend - I need to get some new orings to rebuild my shocks. Apart from the shock I blew at PDNR I found one of the other shocks was completely dry - I reckon it's been like that since I got it off Steve.

Say what's the general opinion on Blitz bodies? I noticed a fair few drivers at PDNR used them. There's a few going cheap on ebay, specifically the alpha, mazda 3 and bmw 5 series variants. I think I'll grab a couple now in fact - they're that cheap I'm not too concerned if they end up not being that great.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Doc, good to see you enjoyed the nitro challenge. 2 things you need more bits so you can wrench on your car and, it was noted that you dogged it Sunday. I know it was raining, and you were smarter than the rest of us - but hey!

With regards to bodies and buying them off e-bay, internet, etc always double check the cost of postage. Can't count the number of times I've seen good deal, crap postage, especially with bodies.

Clubby Saturday Unfortunately the Commander of the HomeFront (CHF) has got me doing rounds Saturday morning. So if anyone can give Brad a hand with getting things ready - blow the track, put the ropes out, etc I'm sure he won't mind. Don't be bashful, jump on in the waters fine

Now what to run - turning up late? Modmified and 1/12 Gas!! The SPADA will be exhibition only. I'm thinking with the SPADA we start off with the following rules - any thoughts:
  • Stock, out of the box, except you can change the screws.
  • Fuel 16%
  • Tyres - kit (soft)
  • Traction Compound - Sunscreen 30+ only
  • Weight - 1010gms
  • Radio - open, no requirement to use switch or switch bracket
  • Attire - To claim points or titles competitor must wear, while racing, a mexican wrestling mask and refer to themselves by a luchedore name (ie; Psychosis, Luche Libre...)
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nice jim

except id allow bling bits, they dont make it go faster you know
and a blue head should be compulsory

chad
Attached Thumbnails SORMCC onroad racing-kyoshospada09-1.jpg  
Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Well in my defense I called Rob to confirm whether it was called off - I was ready to make the dash in The postage was pretty decent when buying multiple bodies. The first was $8, but each extra one was only $2.50. The bodies were only $17 and $12 anyway so it was always going to end up being a reasonable deal.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RACING CANCELLED TOMMORROW.

Unfortunately Brad Davis' house has been broken into and all the race directing equipment has been stolen, including the decoder.

Brad will advise everyone on the next event, and apologises to all those that were looking at having a play with their toy cars this saturday.

Though feel free to go out and have a practice day, no doubt someone will be there running around.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Next club race meet is Saturday 8 September.
All the usual times, classes and things. For more detail visit www.sormcc.com

This meet will be run using an older analogue (AMB20) transponder system. So, unfortunately personal transponders cannot be catered for.

I know that Brad Davis would like to thank all of you for the support and encouragement with regards to the recent theft of personal and club equipment - the bastards.

But, the best thing we all can do for the Davis clan and SORMCC is rock up on Saturday the 8th and race the place apart.

See ya at the Raceway.

cheers
Jim Cranston
Old 08-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mini Cooper Racing

hey guys,
I'm really interested in racing in the mini cooper class at your race meets and am wondering which of the following to purchase to get me on the track! Tamiya M03 Rover Mini, M03M Swift Mini or the M03L BMW Mini? I think the M03L would be most competitive?
Thanks for any help guys.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Transponders

Jim,

I would like to thank my brother Kirk for the use of the transponder system and hope this will help till we get ours back from the MONGRELS who stole ours.

Thanks
Scott T
Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rokutofu
hey guys,
I'm really interested in racing in the mini cooper class at your race meets and am wondering which of the following to purchase to get me on the track! Tamiya M03 Rover Mini, M03M Swift Mini or the M03L BMW Mini? I think the M03L would be most competitive?
Thanks for any help guys.
Good to see. I'm not a Mini boffin but should bump into a few of the Mini Legends over the weekend. Shall ask the question and get back to ya.

However, always a good idea to check with the local hobby shop on what one they recommend - parts supply, durability. Because once your on the track you'll want to stay on track.

See ya at the Raceway
Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sdt1
Jim,

I would like to thank my brother Kirk for the use of the transponder system and hope this will help till we get ours back from the MONGRELS who stole ours.

Thanks
Scott T
Scott,
Second that, thanks Kirk. Look forward to seeing you'se trackside.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Git-R-Done
See ya at the Raceway
hmmm ....

Is SORMCC taking a leaf from MoorebankRaceway's book of marketing tricks?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm cool
Attached Thumbnails SORMCC onroad racing-evo4culasse.jpg  
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blown sv
hmmm cool
is that yours?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blown sv
hmmm cool
4? Is that so the owners know how many bolts go in the head?

Originally Posted by twiggy
is that yours?
C'mon Chad, spill the beans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.