Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nova2015
Bugger too late then. I know the Newcastle Club was interested but guess may have to wait another year.
As per PDR comments applications should be submitted 6 months prior to the event.
There are two applications that are currently out to a vote for the 2016 AARCMCC NSW state titles; Castle Hill and SMA.
Check with your club to see if you have received the voting form as your clubs contact details might not be up to date.

We, as a committee, are keen that clubs want to work with us for State title events. We would be happy to consider any applications and want to encourage as many clubs as possible to be involved to run these events.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARCMCC EP ONR
Measuring your motors dimensions as per the instructions is very easy and only requires calipers.
That would require the user to own a set of calipers, and to ensure they're calibrated to within the tolerances allowed by the motor specifications. I've been out of the hobby for over 10 years and am looking at getting back in to it. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of buying an approved motor and having it outlawed. Buying calipers is low on my long list of required purchases. And now the second hand motor market is too risky with these rules, so keeping costs down will be hard.

I'd suggest the rules should clearly state that manufacturing tolerances alone should not be enforced at typical club meets as that would drive away newcomers such as myself. Only an outright revocation of the approval for that motor should be enforced at that level.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That would require the user to own a set of calipers, and to ensure they're calibrated to within the tolerances allowed by the motor specifications. I've been out of the hobby for over 10 years and am looking at getting back in to it. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of buying an approved motor and having it outlawed. Buying calipers is low on my long list of required purchases. And now the second hand motor market is too risky with these rules, so keeping costs down will be hard.

I'd suggest the rules should clearly state that manufacturing tolerances alone should not be enforced at typical club meets as that would drive away newcomers such as myself. Only an outright revocation of the approval for that motor should be enforced at that level.
AARCMCC's responsibility is to enforce the regulations for sanctioned events, whilst providing guidelines for clubs, nothing more.
What individual clubs chose to enforce, should be discussed with racers at those clubs. It really does not require an additional rule or regulation to be written into the rule book.
If you are simply club racing, with no view to doing sanctioned events (states or nationals), then in all honesty you should be fine, as long as the motor is on the lists (which some clubs don't enforce either)
Also, ask around the pits, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are able to lend a set of calipers to check any suspect motors.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:44 AM
Suspended

As a reminder to all clubs, voting for the three rule proposals closes on the 29th Dec, so a couple of days to go.

Currently we have;
Proposal 001 - Pre-glued tyres - 17 Responses (out of a potential 34)
Proposal 002 - Tyre price cap - 15 Responses
Proposal 003 - Rule proposals - 14 responses

We are still waiting for votes from the following clubs;

NSW
RC Arena (All proposals)
Newcastle (All)
Moorebank (All)
Maitland (All)
Riverstone (Proposal 001 and 003)
PDNR (All)

VIC
VicRacers (All)
Boronia (All)
SERCCC (All)
MRCCR (All)
Mornington (Proposal 002 and 003)
TFTR (Proposal 002 and 003)

QLD
Bayside (Proposal 002 and 003)
Cairns (All)

SA
HobbyHabbit (All)
Littlehampton (All)

WA
WestCoast (All)
PRECC (All)

TAS
STMCC (All)

NT
TopEnd (All)

The EP ONR committee asks racers of these clubs to contact their committees to make sure their clubs get their votes in. There really shouldn't be an reason why we cannot get 100% response to the votes,as the forms have been setup to allow for an abstaining option, if that's the preference.

EC
Old 12-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Suspended

Voting for the three rule proposals has now closed, and the results are as follows;

Proposal 001 - Pre-Glued tyres - 22 responses
Yes - 22; No - 0; Abstain - 0
Proposal carried

Proposal 002 - Tyre Price Cap - 19 responses

Yes - 19; No - 0; Abstain - 0
Proposal carried

Proposal 003 - Rule proposals - 20 responses

Yes - 19; No - 1; Abstain - 0
Proposal carried

As a result, all these proposals will be considered effective as of January 1st 2016.

Thanks to all the clubs who voted. Suffice to say it has been a very positive outcome.

If anyone thinks their clubs have missed out on the opportunity to vote, please contact us at [email protected], and we can check that we have the correct contact details for future votes.

EC
Attached Thumbnails Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread-image.png  
Old 01-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Suspended

As part of our remit to listen to you, the racers, and in particular members of AARCMCC affiliated clubs, we have created a survey to capture your opinions on a number of topics related primarily to racing at sanctioned events.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/253220...-Racers-Survey

Ultimately, what occurs at events tends to cascade to club racing, so even if you don't race at AARCMCC events that often, we still want to hear from you.

this should take no more than 15minutes of your time, we thank you in advance.

the survey will be open for as long as it takes to get a decent number of responses, but if you want your opinion heard - get to it!

EP ONR Committee
Old 01-11-2016, 05:34 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

As part of our remit to listen to you, the racers, and in particular members of AARCMCC affiliated clubs, we have created a survey to capture your opinions on a number of topics related primarily to racing at sanctioned events.

Just a minor point, some questions mandate a response, where I may wish to indicate none. Examples include 22 & 30. Or maybe I misread the question.

Phil.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by PDR
Just a minor point, some questions mandate a response, where I may wish to indicate none. Examples include 22 & 30. Or maybe I misread the question.

Phil.
this has now been amended for all future responses.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Ultimately, what occurs at events tends to cascade to club racing, so even if you don't race at AARCMCC events that often, we still want to hear from you.

this should take no more than 15minutes of your time, we thank you in advance.

the survey will be open for as long as it takes to get a decent number of responses, but if you want your opinion heard - get to it!

EP ONR Committee
This is good to see. I know a similar survey worked well in IC OFR a few years back.

I can see responses to some questions are going to be more useful than others. For instance if the goal in controlling the lower class is to bring more people into RC, then what current racers want out of it is going to be less relevant.

The way things might be set-up requires an overall philosophy and an understanding of what you want to achieve. The results of the survey are then going to guide you within that framework. (As opposed to the survey results themselves being what you want to achieve.)
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Suspended

IFMAR 2016 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 1/12th & 1/10th ISTC - BEIJING CHINA - AUGUST 20-28, 2016

We are currently seeking expressions of interest from racers who wish to attend the 2016 WORLDS for both 1/12th & 1/10th ISTC.

This is the chance for our absolute best drivers to represent Australia and our hobby on the world stage, the event being in China makes the event uniquely accessible to our drivers and we are looking to fill as many spots as we possibly can.

We require EOIs to be personally submitted by email in the first instance to [email protected]

Please list what you believe are your 4 best results from AARCMCC sanctioned events from 2014 and 2015.
We require this information no later than 14 Feb 2016.
We look forward to receiving your EOIs and will send more details to applicants in due course.

Regards,
EP ONR Committee
Old 01-14-2016, 01:25 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is a great opportunity and maybe once the short list is finalized our clubs could get behind it and help sponsor our team by way of funds given to AARCMCC to help with cost.?
Old 01-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Incidentally, if you're a 12th scale racer and you're worried you haven't done enough events (4) to have a qualifying score. Don't worry about it. Because I'm struggling to figure out if there have been 4 events in the last 2 years that had the minimum entries to count as qualifying events. At most there might have been 5.

I may write a longer post/thread in a few days to get a discussion going on what we might suggest to change this (from a structural point of view). I have a few ideas. But RC Tech is pretty dead these days, so I don't know how much use that will be.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Incidentally, if you're a 12th scale racer and you're worried you haven't done enough events (4) to have a qualifying score. Don't worry about it. Because I'm struggling to figure out if there have been 4 events in the last 2 years that had the minimum entries to count as qualifying events. At most there might have been 5
Correct. If you have the time, dedication and want to race on the world stage - and you're the only 1/12 applicant - you're going!

Don't let lack of results for either 1/12th or ISTC hold you back from registering interest. It is merely a way of helping us rank drivers when submitting to IFMAR.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Suspended

We have had an amazing response to our survey so far.

Around 130 racers have hit the link to register their thoughts. Top stuff.

Bit of a snap shot of some results so far.

Approx. 80% of respondents around the country recognise themselves as 13.5 Stock drivers, with around half of those being "often" or "all the time". By far our most popular class.

More racers say they run F1 "all the time" than mod. I expect this is as much a result of lazy mod drivers not doing the survey (jokes!) as it actually reflects reality as we have less strong positive responses than there were racers Mod at the nationals! I would hope we would at least get a full "A and B main" worth of survey responses from Mod drivers. Lift you game low turn motor runners!

We have an extremely strong response for control motors to 21.5 Sportsman. Expect to hear more about this soon. The price you are willing to pay for motors is pretty much exactly as we expected. This is good! We also have a strong response to having control traction additives along with tyres. Interesting.

While on the topic of tyres, many of you (>60%) want to see *more* control around tyres. Limiting the choices for available for the year to be used for events. Interesting again, and we have thoughts on how this might be implemented already.

Some interesting responses also to things you want to see banned, such as telemetry (already banned), smoking in the pits (already banned), Bluetooth speakers (really?) and "tidy wiring fanatics" (no!!! That's me!)

We plan to keep this open a little while longer, so please encourage your fellow racers to get their opinions across. Would be good to see 200-250 total responses!

Oh, and when responding, make sure you click all the way through to the "thank you" page. Quite a few haven't done this and it then risks your results not being registered.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:45 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

We have had an amazing response to our survey so far.

Around 130 racers have hit the link to register their thoughts. Top stuff.

Approx. 80% of respondents around the country recognise themselves as 13.5 Stock drivers, with around half of those being "often" or "all the time". By far our most popular class.
This is a really nice initiative - I would have expected a closer split between 13.5 and 21.5 classes, but this could say more about where they spend their time away from the track . More seriously, maybe they perceive it as been focused towards more serious racers? Dunno, but will try to promote it...

Phil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.