Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by too twisted
WORKING BEE THIS SATURDAY 9AM!

Incase you didnt know there will be a working bee from 9am saturday, the track WILL BE CLOSED while we are working! once the works done then we have fun!!!
Is this still happening??
Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattchis
What your not going to do, like someone we know that just drinks what ever in the frigde
surely Mavstars from Aldi are excluded from this ruling
Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all

I remember reading back a while ago about a speed controller that now supported spread spectrum. To me this read as 'our speedy now works with 2.4ghz technology'. Is my interpretation correct? If it is then does that mean some of my speedies won't work when I move to a DX3s spektrum radio? If I have an older novak GTB will it still work with 2.4ghz radios? I can not think of a reason why it would not work but I'd rather know any gotchas before forking out the readies on a new radio.

Thanks
Dave.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

At the risk of sounding like a know it all My version 1 and version 2 gtb's both work fine with 2.4ghz. Although ray munday has told me his spread spektrum gtb's do work a little smoother.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Also it was more to do with running spektrum with 5 cell modified. The reciever would always cut out when you pull full throttle.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks to those who turned up today for the Working Bee!
Always seems to be the same dedicated crew.
No need to name those who did attend, they know who they are!

Please take care on the track if you do use it in the next few days, there are a few patches which might be still soft.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:13 AM
oty
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DF-03

does any1 know if this is available to buy???

looks crazy!!

w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDOfZ3GCDE&feature=related[/url]
Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dave,

The SS (Spread Spectrum) optimised GTBs utilise a higher frequency to allow smoother operation. This intereferes with normal bands (27/29/40MHz). Therefore the SS version can ONLY be used with 2.4Ghz radios.

The 'non SS' versions can be used with 2.4Ghz OR regular radios. You should have no problems.

As Lookie mentioned, the later versions of the GTB (2007 onwards) were smoother than the originals, but this was the case for both the SS and non SS versions. The software was significantly improved. It coincided with the Lipo cutoff feature. If your GTB has Lipo cutoff, it is one of the later smoother versions.

The voltage cutoff (as per Mild Sevens post) was an issue with Spektrum radios on 5 cell (or old NIMh) packs. Spektrum receivers have a very sensitive fail safe. I always used a capacitor on my Spektrum with Nimh and had no issues after that (it was only ever a problem in 4w mod due to the current draw and therefore voltage drop).

Since switching to the KO 2.4Ghz stuff I have had zero issues with that.

L8r

Ray

Originally Posted by YoshiDad
Hello all

I remember reading back a while ago about a speed controller that now supported spread spectrum. To me this read as 'our speedy now works with 2.4ghz technology'. Is my interpretation correct? If it is then does that mean some of my speedies won't work when I move to a DX3s spektrum radio? If I have an older novak GTB will it still work with 2.4ghz radios? I can not think of a reason why it would not work but I'd rather know any gotchas before forking out the readies on a new radio.

Thanks
Dave.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default DX3s vs DX3r

Hello all

Thanks
Dave.
Im also looking into upgrading to 2.4ghz after the tax man gives me back my money!! Was just after everyones thoughts as to which radio is better, the DX3s or the DX3r? Im no gun driver, just need it for the 2wd 540 (maybe stock oneday) and the Slash.

Does any one know where I can get AMB transponders locally?

Thanks

Matt
Old 07-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Please take care on the track if you do use it in the next few days, there are a few patches which might be still soft.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thansk for that I am planning on going thrsday and get this 44 sorted I will clear the triples
Old 07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Ray, Mild 7 & Luke.

Sounds like my losi xlerereeeon and older GTB won't have a problem then - great news!

As for which is better, the DX3r or DX3s.... Well, the dx3r runs DSM2 which transmits more data at a faster rate. The question I have though is would you ever actually notice it. The dx3r is $485 and the dx3s is $399 (hobby man has both in stock as i looked yesterday). The dx3r gets dearer when you factor in that it only has one reciever whereas the dx3s has two recievers. Also the dx3s has telemetery so that you can drive it by using yoda mind tricks

Last edited by YoshiDad; 07-11-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Vader made me do it.....
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks Ray, Mild 7 & Luke.

Sounds like my losi xlerereeeon and older GTB won't have a problem then - great news!

As for which is better, the DX3r or DX3s.... Well, the dx3r runs DSM2 which transmits more data at a faster rate. The question I have though is would you ever actually notice it. The dx3r is $485 and the dx3s is $399 (hobby man has both in stock as i looked yesterday). The dx3r gets dearer when you factor in that it only has one reciever whereas the dx3s has two recievers. Also the dx3s has telemetery so that you can drive it by using yoda mind tricks

I went for the DX3s for the very reasons you have mentioned and the steering wheel is bigger. If I was going to spend the money for the DX3r I would look around at the other brands like Nomadio.

That's my two cents.
Michael.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

As for which is better, the DX3r or DX3s.... The dx3r gets dearer when you factor in that it only has one reciever whereas the dx3s has two recievers. Also the dx3s has telemetery so that you can drive it by using yoda mind tricks
Thanks David..even Timmey learns something here....
Old 07-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey,

you wont notice the dsm2 on the DX3R over the DX3s. Plus with the DX3s you can monitor your motor temp to help you gear it correctly! Best part of it really IMO

Went down to the track.... can see some patching & stuff, bad news is most of it seemed washed from last nights rain.
Since I am not in work atm - I'll spend time this week doing a little if I can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.