Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEQ 12th Scale Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
29 Entries now, Paul and Dominic Fahey from Logan now confirmed. 1 more entry to hit 30 entries.
Over 3 weeks to go, pretty impressive numbers Rob, I wonder if we might get some southern drivers?
I might re-enter to make up 30
Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

29 Entries now, Paul and Dominic Fahey from Logan now confirmed. 1 more entry to hit 30 entries.
Over 3 weeks to go, pretty impressive numbers Rob, I wonder if we might get some southern drivers?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by graham1234
You do have me looking up flight costs. No promises though.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
You do have me looking up flight costs. No promises though.
All race meetings of this standard need a token interstate driver to attend them Daniel. If that is you, let me know, because we will work out transport too and from the airport for you and accommodation if you are staying overnight.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by graham1234
Hello Andrew,
Thanks for this information, I looked at the ORCA ESC but knew little about it, I found a TC SSX at Amain hobbies and got that knowing that it would work ok.
I will give the ORCA a go in my Associated.

I have a Trackstar in the X-ray now and have found it lacks initial acceleration as was mentioned by Daniel Cotton in an earlier post. The worry hear is that this may have helped at my track. The LRP is certainly smoother and can be calibrated to have similar initial punch.

Graham
speed passion also do a one cell speedy now (Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 Ex Brushless ESC w/ Fan 1 cell ) rc mart have them http://www.rcmart.com/reventonpro-11...Path=1560_1021
any one with any info on these?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:22 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have been racing 12th scale for some time now and have tried a few esc combos including hobbywing,lrp and orion r10 i have been using the viper vtx1 for over a year and it is by far the best esc i have ever used.
It is very smooth and highly adjustable,also small in comparison to others.
The speed passion has a large foot print and a large caps and is also heavy.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Brushless-ESC
Old 01-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This one looks nice

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/...ducts_id/12066
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_barbarian
I looked at these but just didn't know enough about them, they look good.

For thirty dollars though the Trackstar ESC is good value, it may have some shortcomings, they can be an advantage to those new to 12th scale.

Graham
Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Suspended

2014 12th Scale Season Opener

WHERE: Sunshine Coast Radio Control Car Club
WHEN: Sunday 12 January, from 8.am
WHAT: EuroStock

It is that time of the year again, where we start to think about racing and what the year has in store for us. With only 4 weeks till the first round of the 12th Tour of SEQ, we have this one and only opportunity to get in some well needed practice, race experience, setup and tuning before we get totally serious and start battling out the series. And with big trophies, bragging rights and honor at stake, the start of the race year has never looked brighter.

There has been a lot of talk around the traps about who is going to dominate, and whom is going to beat whom and more importantly, who is going to be the first to hit the Holy Grail of 26 laps in 8mins.

12th scale newbie, convert and now 12th scale devotee Tim Weier has been silently in the background putting together a car, getting tuning options and bodies together in preparation for the series and has been issuing the challenge to all and sundry that he is going to be the first to hit the 26 laps

Like wise, young gun Johnny (Not Banned) La Spina thinks that youthful enthusiasm and 12 hours of Forza on Xbox a day is going to give him the advantage and that he has the edge over everyone.

Even the whiley old dog Graham Lloyd Jones, the Steven Bradbury of 12th scale thinks he is in with a show here. He has runs on the board, and a distinct home town advantage that could prove useful when the others all get caught up with racing each other.

Clayton Hughes certainly looked the best at the last club day, with pole position and top qualifier, but was just unlucky with traffic getting body tangled by yours truly putting him out of final 1 and getting caught up in a ding dong battle with Timmy in final 2. Clayton could certainly make claim for being favorite for the series.

And there are still a lot of others who I know are going to make a real good showing, Ray Griffiths, Trevor Connors, Shannon Overson, Nathan Unwin, Adam Gustafson, the Keuleman's, the Chun's, the Fahey's and Team Irvine, and the Vallely's. The mid pack is going to be huge and the battles massive.

See many of you on the 12th for the prequel to round 1 of the tour. Lets get racing.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Few questions around the 26th..

What time does the race start ? What time you think it could finish ? How far from the airport is the track ?

Thanks
Alex
Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Few questions around the 26th..

What time does the race start ? What time you think it could finish ? How far from the airport is the track ?

Thanks
Alex
On the 26th, racing will start about 9am, and should be done by 4pm at the latest. The Airport is about 45mins away from the track. If you are thinking about coming up Alex, we will be able to arrange transport to and from the airport if you need it.

Rob.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

On the 26th, racing will start about 9am, and should be done by 4pm at the latest. The Airport is about 45mins away from the track. If you are thinking about coming up Alex, we will be able to arrange transport to and from the airport if you need it.

Rob.
Rob , wishfully thinking ppl would be able to make race time for 26th maybe you have forgotten daylight saving and sydney airport curfews I'm not knocking the thought but 9.00am start would not get ppl from sydney there on the day they would have to fly the 25 th and stay the night .....
Old 01-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cavey
Rob , wishfully thinking ppl would be able to make race time for 26th maybe you have forgotten daylight saving and sydney airport curfews I'm not knocking the thought but 9.00am start would not get ppl from sydney there on the day they would have to fly the 25 th and stay the night .....
Wow Steve, such negativity, perhaps you should either come and race the class or spend more time promoting the class you drive so that you get to race with 30 people too and not just 3.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is bums on seats and I am doing everything that I can to get guys from NSW to come up and race with us.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Wow Steve, such negativity, perhaps you should either come and race the class or spend more time promoting the class you drive so that you get to race with 30 people too and not just 3.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is bums on seats and I am doing everything that I can to get guys from NSW to come up and race with us.
Negativity ?? Maybe your the negative one I'm only pointing out the facts champ go ahead invite ppl from other states but I think they would come to race not to watch after arriving late just sometimes you have to face the facts about time you were a realist being an organiser of this event don't you think !! Maybe a change of starting time would go along way !!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cavey
Negativity ?? Maybe your the negative one I'm only pointing out the facts champ go ahead invite ppl from other states but I think they would come to race not to watch after arriving late just sometimes you have to face the facts about time you were a realist being an organiser of this event don't you think !! Maybe a change of starting time would go along way !!
So when should I expect your nomination Steve, I am sure that you can set your sundial to wake you in time to get to the race meeting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.