Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
SEQ 12th Scale Racing >

SEQ 12th Scale Racing

SEQ 12th Scale Racing

Old 11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
  #1  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SEQ 12th Scale Racing

New thread for the promotion and development of 12th scale racing in South East Queensland. The point of this thread is to allow 12th scale drivers to see where 12th scale events are being run so they may choose to go and have a run knowing that there will be other racers there.

With that in mind.

SUNDAY 1st Dec 9.30 At the Sunny Coast Club Landsbrough, 12th scale will be running, with nearly a full grid of drivers confirmed.

3 x 8min Qualifiers
1 x 15 min Final.

Track is med to high grip with a 25% sugar solution, making it easy to drive with a 12th scale, hard fronts, soft to med rears work well, and the cars hook up nicely.

Hope to see a few more drivers come out for a drive of 12th scale. Video and race results to follow.
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
New thread for the promotion and development of 12th scale racing in South East Queensland. The point of this thread is to allow 12th scale drivers to see where 12th scale events are being run so they may choose to go and have a run knowing that there will be other racers there.

With that in mind.

SUNDAY 1st Dec 9.30 At the Sunny Coast Club Landsbrough, 12th scale will be running, with nearly a full grid of drivers confirmed.

3 x 8min Qualifiers
1 x 15 min Final.

Track is med to high grip with a 25% sugar solution, making it easy to drive with a 12th scale, hard fronts, soft to med rears work well, and the cars hook up nicely.

Hope to see a few more drivers come out for a drive of 12th scale. Video and race results to follow.
Thanks Rob,
Great Post, we would like to see as many people there as possible, there is quite a few club members buying new cars as well. So we should have a permanent contingent of drivers.

The track was certainly very tractile for this class last race day.

Regards Graham
graham1234 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:07 AM
  #3  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graham1234 View Post
Thanks Rob,
Great Post, we would like to see as many people there as possible, there is quite a few club members buying new cars as well. So we should have a permanent contingent of drivers.

The track was certainly very tractile for this class last race day.

Regards Graham
Found out today of someone else who has just bought a 12th scale. I doubt he will make this meeting, but should be a starter next year for sure.
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:25 AM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
Found out today of someone else who has just bought a 12th scale. I doubt he will make this meeting, but should be a starter next year for sure.
Hello Rob,
We will probably have another race meeting before Christmas, so those late starters will get a chance to run.
The big question for that meeting is how much beer do we buy. That one will probably be the last for the year. Maybe.

That's a couple of beers each for after the race meeting, it used to be a tradition at our club and was a friendly way to finish the day.

Regards Graham
graham1234 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:36 AM
  #5  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graham1234 View Post
Hello Rob,
We will probably have another race meeting before Christmas, so those late starters will get a chance to run.
The big question for that meeting is how much beer do we buy. That one will probably be the last for the year. Maybe.

That's a couple of beers each for after the race meeting, it used to be a tradition at our club and was a friendly way to finish the day.

Regards Graham
If there is Free Beer, there might be 100 entries What date were you thinking, the 15th? Pretty sure the guys coming up this weekend will be keen to do one more, especially with a beer on offer.
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 01:41 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
If there is Free Beer, there might be 100 entries What date were you thinking, the 15th? Pretty sure the guys coming up this weekend will be keen to do one more, especially with a beer on offer.
Hello Rob,
It will be two weeks after this Sunday, which is the 15th. I will have to check with the committee, but the beer will probably be free, a couple each anyway . This will be our clubs breakup day. We might pass the hat around for Pizza at lunch. All drivers from anywhere are welcome.
I will post this on the SCRCCC thread as well. So to stick with the theme of this thread, this will be the 12th scale Beer and Pizza Christmas party at SCRCCC with associated classes.

Regards Graham
graham1234 is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 01:27 AM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
El Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brisbane North, Australia
Posts: 915
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graham1234 View Post
We will probably have another race meeting before Christmas, so those late starters will get a chance to run.
The big question for that meeting is how much beer do we buy. That one will probably be the last for the year. Maybe.

That's a couple of beers each for after the race meeting, it used to be a tradition at our club and was a friendly way to finish the day.

Regards Graham
Did someone mention 'Beer'. I'm in. Hahn Light thanks, I have to drive.

I'm hoping to head up to Landsborough this Sunday to try the 1/12 on your track. My son will have a 1/12 too. Both 10.5Ts.

Great if we can get a lineup of 6-8 cars for a race. (assuming I can get it competitive).

If we can get the car to drive well, it may be a regular trip.

Rains on the way, but should pass through by tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.

Cheers

Last edited by El Nitro; 11-29-2013 at 01:45 AM.
El Nitro is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 AM
  #8  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by El Nitro View Post
Did someone mention 'Beer'. I'm in. Hahn Light thanks, I have to drive.

I'm hoping to head up to Landsborough this Sunday to try the 1/12 on your track. My son will have a 1/12 too. Both 10.5Ts.

Great if we can get a lineup of 6-8 cars for a race. (assuming I can get it competitive).

If we can get the car to drive well, it may be a regular trip.

Rains on the way, but should pass through by tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.

Cheers
With you and Sean, Jason it will be a 9 car field, which is kind of exciting. Working on a few others I know who have cars for 2 weeks time. Might have a few surprises to announce soon.
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:29 AM
  #9  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,132
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This all sounds really positive guys. Keep it up.
Radio Active is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:43 AM
  #10  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
This all sounds really positive guys. Keep it up.
Thanks Daniel, will have video and race results up for you to check out by Monday night. Its just a start, but things are looking good for the class. I have pretty much declared that 2014 is the Year of the 12th Scales.

If we can get something cool happening up here and with your series down south, I will be a busy boy with plenty of great racing opportunities.
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:53 AM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,132
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
Thanks Daniel, will have video and race results up for you to check out by Monday night. Its just a start, but things are looking good for the class. I have pretty much declared that 2014 is the Year of the 12th Scales.

If we can get something cool happening up here and with your series down south, I will be a busy boy with plenty of great racing opportunities.
I reckon the NSW v Qld Challenge at Tamworth in Easter has enormous potential. I'm looking forward to it already.
Radio Active is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 03:18 AM
  #12  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
I reckon the NSW v Qld Challenge at Tamworth in Easter has enormous potential. I'm looking forward to it already.
That it does, I have already been in planning mode for that event already, and I can think of 4 drivers confirmed for Eurostock and probably some TC class as well. And that is just the start.

Early next year once the dust has settled, we will have to have a chat about the calender so we can plan some events up here for you guy to come up to. Plus i will need the full 12th tour anyways as i think i will try and do all of them next year
RogerDaShrubber is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:27 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by El Nitro View Post
Did someone mention 'Beer'. I'm in. Hahn Light thanks, I have to drive.

I'm hoping to head up to Landsborough this Sunday to try the 1/12 on your track. My son will have a 1/12 too. Both 10.5Ts.

Great if we can get a lineup of 6-8 cars for a race. (assuming I can get it competitive).

If we can get the car to drive well, it may be a regular trip.

Rains on the way, but should pass through by tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.

Cheers
Yes I did say beer and free in the same sentence, I will give an early weather forecast in the morning on the SCRCCC thread.

Graham
graham1234 is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:35 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
That it does, I have already be
ning modefor that event already, and I can think of 4 drivers confirmed for Eurostock and probably some TC class as well. And that is just the start.

Early next year once the dust has settled, we will have to have a chat about the calender so we can plan some events up here for you guy to come up to. Plus i will need the full 12th tour anyways as i think i will try and do all of them next year
12th scale is a good car to take on the road, less to wrong, less parts.
I wonder about an interclub between Tamworth and Sunshine Coast. NSW verse QLD.

Graham
graham1234 is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 02:38 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,132
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graham1234 View Post
12th scale is a good car to take on the road, less to wrong, less parts.
I wonder about an interclub between Tamworth and Sunshine Coast. NSW verse QLD.

Graham
If there were a 12th Tour in Qld that just needed one more race then Tamworth would make an excellent dual round, i.e a round of the NSW Tour and Qld Tour at the same time. I can't think of a club more deserving of support from both sides of the border.
Radio Active is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.