Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree31Likes

B.R.C.C.C. (wynnumrc.com)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hope on Saturday the track will be dry enough.
Weather forecast tells it will be sunny in weekend but it looks like baby face today.
I hate the rain cold days.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Thanks to the club for last night & 2 or 3 qualifiers?

Thanks to the club for last night's meeting. Bayside runs the best meetings, and has the best track by far around Brissie right now.

One point I'd like to raise only: We had two drivers (gas & electric) that haven’t been to the club for some time, at tables that adjoined our own in the pits. Both questioned the 2 qualifier only format that we run at the club. Could the club please look into the possibility of fitting 3 qualifiers into the format again? I don’t know what they do at Logan, but 3 qualifiers (or even 4 at times) and finals is basically the standard format at club meetings on all the tracks we’ve raced at.

Not in any way blaming our own poor performance on the format; that kind of crap happens, but I would like to have as much racing as possible on the once a fortnight meetings. And even though he won the final; Taynton had even worse luck, blowing up a nearly new team edition engine.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 07-06-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Smile Race format

Hi Lars,

2 heats and two finals is the same at Meakin. Has been this way for a few years.

In the old days, it was 3 qualifiers and 1 final and the qualifiers where all done by grid starts which I didn't like.

I personally like the format the way it is, but I could easily go back to 3 qualifiers and 1 final, with Qualifiers to remain staggered starts.

Great night of racing again at Bayside, personally I think the number # 1 electric track in Brisbane and along with Meakin equally the best run track by committed committee members.

B1
Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Guys, came around last night to watch and the whole setup looks pretty awesome. I've just sold all of my Nitro gear and built an Xray T2 for stock 17.5 racing, how would I go about entering in the next session? Do I have to become a member? I'm moving closer to the track so it'll be my local so I'm not to worried about paying for membership, it just looks like it's mid-season?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROB784
Hey Guys, came around last night to watch and the whole setup looks pretty awesome. I've just sold all of my Nitro gear and built an Xray T2 for stock 17.5 racing, how would I go about entering in the next session? Do I have to become a member? I'm moving closer to the track so it'll be my local so I'm not to worried about paying for membership, it just looks like it's mid-season?
In the old days we would allow half year membership, but you should talk to the president or the secretary down but whom they are is your guess. Some members are being left in the dark
Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,
I am not sure but Lars may have been suggesting 3x heats 2 finals, the same as it is for SSF class at Brendale.?

It really gives the driver good value for his travels and effort and also as Lars said we only have the chance for a full race meet once every two weeks.

Brett.

Originally Posted by OHBRAD
Hi Lars,

2 heats and two finals is the same at Meakin. Has been this way for a few years.

In the old days, it was 3 qualifiers and 1 final and the qualifiers where all done by grid starts which I didn't like.

I personally like the format the way it is, but I could easily go back to 3 qualifiers and 1 final, with Qualifiers to remain staggered starts.

Great night of racing again at Bayside, personally I think the number # 1 electric track in Brisbane and along with Meakin equally the best run track by committed committee members.

B1
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi,
I am not sure but Lars may have been suggesting 3x heats 2 finals, the same as it is for SSF class at Brendale.?

It really gives the driver good value for his travels and effort and also as Lars said we only have the chance for a full race meet once every two weeks.

Brett.
I'm suggesting to keep finals just as they as they are, but to have 3 qualifiers.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default + 1

+ 1

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I'm suggesting to keep finals just as they as they are, but to have 3 qualifiers.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ROB784
Welcome ROB784. Anybody is welcome to join in the racing nightd. There is now a fortnightly Wednesday night where you can come down and cut a few laps as well. Some treat it like a test and tune. Others just for practice and some just as like the extra racing. Always the Wednesday prior to the Championship. You nominate, pay and race. Joining is easy too. Just ask one of tus next time you come for an official day/night. Keys for the drivers stand are available too for club members.
You can go to the website and download membership forms or pick one up on the night along with rules and club race formats etc. www.wynnumrc.org.au.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Race format

Hi Lars,

The only problem I can see is that I am sure bayside have a time curfew, so adding anymore rounds would lengthen the night.

Starting earlier is an option, but can't see everyone agreeing to this.

B1
Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Any idea when the onroad state titles announcement will be?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmechdad50
Welcome ROB784. Anybody is welcome to join in the racing nightd. There is now a fortnightly Wednesday night where you can come down and cut a few laps as well. Some treat it like a test and tune. Others just for practice and some just as like the extra racing. Always the Wednesday prior to the Championship. You nominate, pay and race. Joining is easy too. Just ask one of tus next time you come for an official day/night. Keys for the drivers stand are available too for club members.
You can go to the website and download membership forms or pick one up on the night along with rules and club race formats etc. www.wynnumrc.org.au.

Cheers Brendan
Will have to come around on the Wednesday night then but a few questions.

Do I fill out the online entry thing for a Wednesday?

How much does it cost?

On the form there's a required field for Transponder... what if I don't have one?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just thinking is it possible to change start time of race to daytime in winter season?
the reason is: in night time the meadow will become very wet and if your car accidentally touch its edge then the wheels will be slippery and out of control easily.
more than that, run the race in day time, you will have better vision.
Track will be warmer as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, can someone give a starting point for 17.5 FDR please, thanks.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blatracer
Hi guys, can someone give a starting point for 17.5 FDR please, thanks.
Depends on the motor and how much timing you have on the motor but start with around 3.8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.