Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree31Likes

B.R.C.C.C. (wynnumrc.com)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Heavy. Hope your enjoying your holiday!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sashimi999
I just thinking is it possible to change start time of race to daytime in winter season?
the reason is: in night time the meadow will become very wet and if your car accidentally touch its edge then the wheels will be slippery and out of control easily.
more than that, run the race in day time, you will have better vision.
Track will be warmer as well.
That is how it always was so the mothers and their children, could enjoy (A Family Thing) The members should have a say in what they want, after all they are the ones whom keep the show on the road. Even the RWUB on a Sunday morn was hit on the head by the (current committee) with out the vote of the club members. It was only voted on at a committee meeting and as far as I know still has not been put to the members. Years gone by the committee had their meeting, then the members were asked what they thought at a meeting and a vote was taken and it went into our files
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Just read about 13.5 as the new stock motor, oh well just waisted money on a 17.5, thank god for eBay, lol
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Saturday night racing seems to suit most people, the early start gives my kids a chance to come down and look before mum takes them home to bed. That leaves the whole sunday for family time. Suits my family much better than every second Sunday being taken up with racing.

With the 5pm start time we are finished early enough at the moment, If you added another qualifier to make it three qualy three mains it would go past curfew (used to be 10pm) like we did in the past and would get finished until close to midnight, never fun packing up that late.

Heavy is right about the FDR for 17.5, good starting point to ensure you dont burn up a motor, but get yourself a few pinions around that number so you can adjust your speed. Depends alot on the motor too, google is your friend

Didnt know about 13.5 hadnt heard anything, when is that supposed to start?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by silvalis
Any idea when the onroad state titles announcement will be?
Thee ORRCA Qld onroad Titles are on in September 27th - 29th. 21.5,17.5 and Mod are the official classes. F1 and 12th scale will be Demo Classes. Official tyre announced will be RIDE REX34 fully assembled sets. Entry forms Sponsors and other details to be announced shortly.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinga
Didnt know about 13.5 hadnt heard anything, when is that supposed to start?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...es-2014-a.html

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ROB784
Will have to come around on the Wednesday night then but a few questions.

Do I fill out the online entry thing for a Wednesday?

How much does it cost?

On the form there's a required field for Transponder... what if I don't have one?
Hey Rob784. Dont panic. Turn up and we'll get you sorted. You'll be racing on the night. There'll be plenty of people to answer questions. On Race days at least one of the committee members if not more are down at the track by 1pm. So you can come down anytime after that and get settled. Members pay $10 for adults $5 for kids. Racers affiliated with another RC Car club pay the same upon sighting of affiliated club card. $15 for non members. If you have a child under 14 we have a kids clubs. They have the same amount of heats and finals as the adults. just 1 minute elss race time.
We supply Club Transponders if you do not have your own which you use for each race and take out again. The transponder numbers usually change from heats to finals.

Cheers Brendan.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sashimi999
I just thinking is it possible to change start time of race to daytime in winter season?
the reason is: in night time the meadow will become very wet and if your car accidentally touch its edge then the wheels will be slippery and out of control easily.
more than that, run the race in day time, you will have better vision.
Track will be warmer as well.
Hi Sashimi 999. Yes I agree from a personal point of view that racing during the day is better for me. I don't see too well at night with only one eye. However, the club was racing on a Sunday Morning earlier this year and we were getting an average of 12 people turning up. We very rarely had a gas class and Mod was lucky to run at all, Not much fun with so few in each class.
So we spent a fair bit of money updating the track surface and improving the night visibility and still have some extra lighting to go in at some stage. The numbers have been 40 - 50 each Saturday night we've been able to run, this gives us reason to believe we've made the right decision. So for an economical reason Saturday nights mean more people turn up. The more people that turn up the more heats you get in your class. You actually earn the right to be in the A final. The atmosphere in the pits is better and you get more time to adjust or repair your car if you have to. We did a poll vote to the members and they agreed that we start earlier in winter, so we have. No one has complained that we start the computer and it runs the whole night and we finish earlier than most just after 9pm.. When I first joined the club we changed to Sunday mornings in winter but the numbers always dropped off. So until there is overwhelming support to go back to Sundays it has to stay Saturday night.
The club also ran a Run What You Brung Saturday which was popular to start with but the numbers dropped off when the new indoor track opened. We continued to run RWYB for 3 weekends and less than 5 people turn up for a 10am start. This makes it hard when 3 committee members turn up for 5 people to race. We also found that some RWYB cars were damaging the track surface, so after spending so much to get it right again we not going to purposely let cars go out and damage it.
The other problem starting too early in the morning is the track is still moist and you still have the grass being wet from dew. So there is no advantage day or night in winter for the wet grass. Run an event too late in the day and people complain the sun is in their eyes. So Saturdays nights are here to stay for now.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default INTERCLUB ROUND 3

With all the hype surrounding the ORRCA Qld Titles don't forget the Interclub Round 3 to be held at Bayside is coming up. Perfect opportunity for anyone considering to get an edge for the up and coming Major event. Register your interest and down load a form from the Bayside Website at www.wynnumrc.org.au

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Smile Well said

Well said Brendon and a very true account of the history of race days at bayside since it first started.

B1

Originally Posted by rcmechdad50
Hi Sashimi 999. Yes I agree from a personal point of view that racing during the day is better for me. I don't see too well at night with only one eye. However, the club was racing on a Sunday Morning earlier this year and we were getting an average of 12 people turning up. We very rarely had a gas class and Mod was lucky to run at all, Not much fun with so few in each class.
So we spent a fair bit of money updating the track surface and improving the night visibility and still have some extra lighting to go in at some stage. The numbers have been 40 - 50 each Saturday night we've been able to run, this gives us reason to believe we've made the right decision. So for an economical reason Saturday nights mean more people turn up. The more people that turn up the more heats you get in your class. You actually earn the right to be in the A final. The atmosphere in the pits is better and you get more time to adjust or repair your car if you have to. We did a poll vote to the members and they agreed that we start earlier in winter, so we have. No one has complained that we start the computer and it runs the whole night and we finish earlier than most just after 9pm.. When I first joined the club we changed to Sunday mornings in winter but the numbers always dropped off. So until there is overwhelming support to go back to Sundays it has to stay Saturday night.
The club also ran a Run What You Brung Saturday which was popular to start with but the numbers dropped off when the new indoor track opened. We continued to run RWYB for 3 weekends and less than 5 people turn up for a 10am start. This makes it hard when 3 committee members turn up for 5 people to race. We also found that some RWYB cars were damaging the track surface, so after spending so much to get it right again we not going to purposely let cars go out and damage it.
The other problem starting too early in the morning is the track is still moist and you still have the grass being wet from dew. So there is no advantage day or night in winter for the wet grass. Run an event too late in the day and people complain the sun is in their eyes. So Saturdays nights are here to stay for now.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blatracer
Hi guys, can someone give a starting point for 17.5 FDR please, thanks.
Depend on motor and timing, I run 3.54 on speed passion MMM motor with 20 degree timing.
3.47 on revtech kill shot motor with 50 degree timing.
In winter season u can gear down a bit.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Alright thanks Brendan.
I always get very bad luck on the last final round.
Thats why I ask this question.
Also, a suggestion: can we make the start time to say 3pm.
Then I can bring my kid with me and they can enjoy the watching and go home early together with me, before 8pm.
The good things: we will have better run condition for at least the 2 qualified runs.
Family time etc.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You must also remember that a lot of people work Saturdays (Retail ect)
or have children that play sports saturday afternoon

Early starts may not work for them.

Shane Hyde
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thee ORRCA Qld onroad Titles are on in September 27th - 29th. 21.5,17.5 and Mod are the official classes. F1 and 12th scale will be Demo Classes. Official tyre announced will be RIDE REX34 fully assembled sets. Entry forms Sponsors and other details to be announced shortly.

Cheers Brendan
dam I wish the state titles were 2 weeks later I would of been able to race it with my roster. oh well there's always next year.

thanks Michael
Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default ORRCA 2013 Onroad electric Titles at Bayside

Ok Racers the official tyres for 21.5, 17.5 & Mod classes will be the RIDE REX34

Fully assembled and glued. Testing has been completed and by all accounts, for those who used them, had near record breaking lap times in the respective classes.

Entry forms will be up on the Bayside website and ORRCA online entries by the end of this week.

In case you were unaware there will be 2 exhibition classes running this year. F1 & 12th scale. formats and entries also available by the end of this week.

If you want to join in the atmosphere of a title event you will need to be involved in an RC club QLD affiliated with ORCCA, or, an interstate club affiliated with AARCMCC. Don't think because you're new you can't join in the fun. You will get a wealth of experience just by participating. Or you could can learn the technical and behind the scenes workings by volunteering some time to help run the event. Just being around a group of like minded RC people can be an educational bonus.

Cheers Brendan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.