Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Meakin Park Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mate i'mhappy with that and i'msure most people will be.
It has just about everything you could want in a track.

I wonder if it will be fine tomorrow too for the Summer Cup???
Old 01-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Latest weather for tomorrow - 9.35pm report.

Cloudy at times with further showers, some moderate falls. Moderate SE winds. ... MIN 22 MAX 28

Not sounding overly good...

Sunday ... A few showers MIN 22 MAX 29

Slightly better maybe.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Just got out of the pool, the stars were out and sky was clear over my place, hopefully a good sign for tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

If it can't be run tomorrow then we could always run the whole lot on the sunday and turn the lights on if it gets dark.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool Weather at Meakin Park

Hi Guys,

I just got up and it it drizzling pretty well at my place and i am 10 minutes from the track.
Get out your hovercrafts for some interesting racing
Then again they ran the world titles in the rain a few times so get out your balloons and cover your receivers and servos and you'll be fine...unlike the weather.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by x-ray=speed
Just got out of the pool, the stars were out and sky was clear over my place, hopefully a good sign for tomorrow.
Are you sure it was the pool and not a storm drain?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Racing is off - postponed to the 4th / 5th Feb.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:05 PM

Default Club website

This is my first post here, only found about this forum today when I was told by a fellow club member that this is where the club comittee posts all the big news that you think would be posted on their website www.lcrccc.com. Not to bitch or anything but when told on saturday at the track that racing would be held on sunday for this years summer cup as it was too wet on saturday (understandable) I naturally turned up first thing sunday morn with quite a few other racers and club members only to find out that there was "something" posted about it on this forum!!!! I notice that there is a post here but is it even by club comittee?? and its not very detailed anyway is it? but the real point of my once off post and bitch is that Logan City radio control car club has a website so please USE IT!!! so that future frustrations and travel expenses may be avoided!!!!

p.s alot of spectators arrived around the time I left (10am sunday) after talking to a few of them relised they were potential new memebers who had read about the meet on your website

Last edited by M-T-X-2 NOVA; 01-22-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default summer cup

It was announced on the summer cup thread, this is the best place we have found to get the word accross. Sorry if you feel let down. The web site was not accessible at the time. Short of ringing everyone, which was not an option, rc tech was the best alternative. It was posted on the correct thread.

I had one call all morning, so i gather most people had the news, and from what i can tell alot of guys went down for some practice.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:55 AM

Default calls

A few people tried to call

Last edited by M-T-X-2 NOVA; 01-22-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Default hahahaha

My phone only rang the once. and was never turned off.

Hope u got the correct number, just checked my phone, guess what no missed calls either. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Im with nova on this one.....i didn't realise that it was the duty of the committee to make up excuses, and considering that i tried to call u twice, brad, i don't think it's good enough. Im not trying to point the finger at anyone here, but u guys stuffed this one up well and truly this time, and as a dedicated racer that travels a considerable distance to your continually inconsistent meets (mainly due to light issues), i think you all should acknowledge it.

p.s. Ill make sure to tell all my mates that want to get into r/c racing that you now need a computer as part of your tool kit.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Firstly i am not on the committee, i am one of the few people that trys to help. But if you want to post crap about me, then you need to get your facts straight buddy. I can defend my self. Shane thought it would be nice to tell everyone that i didn't answer my phone. As mentioned i received one call, and i have checked my phone and there was no unanswered calls. So i can and will defend myself.

As far as a computer in your pit bag, well thats up to you. or, you can get on this forum, and check from time to time what people are saying.

Again there are no excuses being made, it rained you fool, it was decided in the end that it would be in the best interests of safety not to run it on the sunday due to the amount of mud and water that was present.

The only stuff up here buddy was mother nature, go back to your rock.

QUOTE=VoneS Cowboy]Im with nova on this one.....i didn't realise that it was the duty of the committee to make up excuses, and considering that i tried to call u twice, brad, i don't think it's good enough. Im not trying to point the finger at anyone here, but u guys stuffed this one up well and truly this time, and as a dedicated racer that travels a considerable distance to your continually inconsistent meets (mainly due to light issues), i think you all should acknowledge it.

p.s. Ill make sure to tell all my mates that want to get into r/c racing that you now need a computer as part of your tool kit.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-22-2006, 01:50 AM

Default fair enough

ok i think weve all made our heated points here. Look, at the end of the day I think it is understood that the rain is the cause of the meet not going ahead.However, maybe the un educated few of us who didnt know about rctech need a link or just a coment on the www.lcrccc.com website about the info on rctech? just that as mentioned it wanst just members that didnt know about it , it was also FUTURE members that came to watch.(example= a bloke from ipswich wanting to race for the first time seen the dates on the website) Apologies Brad (not relising you were not on the comittee)
Old 01-22-2006, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

of course safety will always be in your best interest, but it would have been the right thing to do to put a sign on the fence at meakin park for those who don't know anything about www.rctech.net.

p.s. Please understand that i am not trying to cause problems or arguments-all i wanted to do was get my point across.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.