Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Meakin Park Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It feels so sweet that for once it's not me bitching at the people organising the racing and to my suprise there are more people out there that have the same views.

PS and yes Brad you don't return phone calls
Old 01-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Rex,

You haven't had a return call, as i was not able to get the answer you required yet. Sorry for the delay.

regards

Brad

Originally Posted by Safer SX
It feels so sweet that for once it's not me bitching at the people organising the racing and to my suprise there are more people out there that have the same views.

PS and yes Brad you don't return phone calls
Old 01-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Ok Brad I will wait til you get the answer
Old 01-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default CANCELLED RACE MEET

HI all,
I`m the Club Secretary and I will defend Brad 100% on this one................

Rex, Pull your head in.........

VONES Cowboy and MTX2 NOVA,If you don`t like whats happened today the Club apologises, but the fact is we did have posts up on this forum and the Summer Cup forum before midday yesterday.

We can only do so much, seems that we the few, on the Committee can not do anything right.

If anyone out there thinks they can do a better job, we will be holding our AGM in the next month or so. Come along put your hands up for a Committee position and then you will be able to correct any issues you think we have stuffed up......

As for Brad, When no one would help Brad put up his hand to organise and run our Summer cup..... I say Great work Brad, thanks for at least putting something back into the Club......

Steve Drummond
LCRCCC
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 AM

Default enough said

look enogh said , as i said apologies to brad and good on him for his efforts obviously in a twisted way we wouldnt be having these words if i wasnt for him I just hope that you see the point on the notification side of things.I enjoy racing at meakin and feel that the comittee does a great job dont put yourself down , just as said by others here we dont all have computers and definelty dont think of visiting sites not directly related to the meakin website to get information on race information.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thats alot of sauce for a little bit of spagetti
Old 01-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking Summer Cup

Hi Guys, as club president, I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused. I also back up the decision to postpone the event in the interest of safety. It was a group decision and not just on the shoulders of Brad.

The point of the notification is one that will always cause a problem as there is a number of ways to do it in this sport. If out of 60 entrants, only a couple were missed, that's not bad odds and a success as far as I am concerned.

I hope to see you all in a fortnight for a great event.

P.S.
the power issues have been addressed and a split in the cables found and fixed
Old 01-22-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Raining.... by Mother Nature!!!

I also will defend Brad and the Committee 110% on this.
Guys if you have a problem give Brad or someone on the Committee a call.
Last year we ran the Off Road Winter Cup and got washed out too.
We also nearly got washed out for the Off Road Summer Cup again too.
That morning i received about 9 phone calls from people with enough initiative to pick up a telephone and call me who then called their mates to let them know what was going on. duuuuuh!
Brad has every right to defend himself as he is one of the most dedicated guys at Meakin Park.
Most people are so quick to blame the Meakin Park Committee for anything they can instead of chipping in and helping like real men would.
Next time use some initiative and make a phone call not winge like a baby on a public forum.
Also get off your butts and go and help the committee make the club into something awesome where everyone can have fun instead of complaining about all the little things that you don't like about it.
Have you ever turned up with your mower and mowed the lawn???
What about blowing the track off before a meet?
What about helping put some paint on something to make it look better?
What about picking up your rubbish and putting it in the bin?
Guess who organised and picked up a cherry picker then got up on it to fix the lights? Steve and Tyson! Yes even Tyson got up and helped!
Tyson helped Steve and Brad put the Pipe down too.
Guess who got the power fixed? You guessed it, Steve and Tyson!
Where were you when they did this?
Meaning of the word CLUB: A group of people organized for a common purpose, especially a group that meets regularly.
You also owe Brad a phone call with an appology!
Next time you go to race try turning up early and ask what you can do to help.
When the meet is finished ask the same question.
Imagine if everyone helped out just how good this and all clubs would be to enjoy racing at, now wouldn't that be great!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Been there done that people arent interested in helping out they just want to race and say well thats what the comittee is for.We gave up trying to get people to help out and in the end i guess our interest in the sport just died.

Anyway well done to the guys who continue to keep the place going happy racing.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Smile January Club Meeting

Hello everyone,

Tommorow night, Tuesday 24/01/06, will be our first Club meeting for the year.

Meeting will start at 7:00pm sharp and end at 9:00pm sharp...

We would love to see a few bodies attend, got some stuff to sort before the AGM...

hope to ssee you there

ding...
Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys,
im really sorry for the problems i've caused with yesterdays post - i had no idea that i would get such a response. in particular i apologise to brad, i never meant to point the finger at you mate, i guess you were in the line of fire because you appeared to be organising the meet. i appreciate the great things that all you guys do for meakin park and, having only raced r/c cars for a mere 8 months, really have no right to bag you out. i guess i just wanted to get a beginners point across to try and help make the club a more welcoming place for newbies.
please accept my apology, id like to start over and have many more enjoyable meets at your club.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track design

Hey guys just readin up on the new track ideas sound great!!! I agree with Wynumm racer (who i assume is Jason Dorn??) Long straight for the Nitro guys!!! any idea when will be completed or started?

Jason p
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Gday there Steve,
Ill come down to the meeting just see how it all works and support the club see ya there mate
Regards Tommy
Old 01-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just a quick message to let everyone know that the committe have
organised all the new lights and will be installed saturday 28th( weather permitting)
so we will have a bright see-able track for night racing.....these lights are a more clean light and heaps brighter and use heaps less power so we shouldn't have any power issues again.........
They are consulting with boral on the top coat to resurface the track and just waiting on a final quote for costing and then BANG!!!! it will be done with all new line marking .........all we will be asking is when it comes time for the painting can some fellow racers lend a hand and then it will be track that all will like to race on........

Bring on the racing
Old 01-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sherif
They are consulting with boral on the top coat to resurface the track and just waiting on a final quote for costing and then BANG!!!!
Has the committee had any feedback from other clubs that use this Boral product?

What are the Pos/Neg?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.