Search
Like Tree28Likes

Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org]

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't forget the 18th March is the Greg Still memorial cup

and with lazza in Bali.........who will get their name on that cup first, hmmmmm
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nice smooth and easy meet today It looked a little bleak in the morning but the sun blasted its way through in the end.

What happened to you AA? Missed ya showing us all how to drive in stock. Plus XRay have fallen behind in the win tally, i think AB needs a wingman.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had fun today!

havent raced in over a year.....been a long time, hopefully ill be back next meet.

btw we need more mini drivers in a sunday.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dee_vee_eight
If you get too quick we may have to clip your wing/s
he did have a big wing/s.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Sunday Fun

I had a lot of fun out there today. Nitro was an absolute blast and it was difficult trying to run two classes. Overall i was pretty happy to finish second in Stock (from fifth qualifier).
A big thanks to to all that helped me today with my nitro, especially Adam, Mark & AJ. Got some good laps in and now i just have to be consistent and play around with the two speed to get second gear to kick in. Craig and i had a fun final in novice and it is now time to step up. The TZ is a fricken rocket.
A big thanks to DW for running race control.

BTW, the Greg Still cup is currently residing at my place and it looks quite at home .

It could have been a good day for Corally but HI choked. Congrats to Martin for a good win (it is good to have clean air) and it is now a very tight point score for Stock.

Thanks to HI and Darren for putting up with the noise.

Last edited by Andrew Barr; 03-04-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Man i gotta pull my finger out if im gonna keep up with you guys .. Big mention to Michael Rumiz. Damn he is quick ! Gave Lally a bit of a puckering .. lol
Old 03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Andrew, were all going to have to pick up our game, you were on fire yesterday!!

Everyone seems to think if i'm this quick with a 710 i could be even quicker with a 720 Only problem is i'm too poor to afford a 720

A HUUUUUGE thanks to steve, when i blew both bearings in my clutch he gave me some replacement ceramic bearings What a dead set legend!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Celamics ! Whoahw !
Old 03-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hav_lova
Andrew, were all going to have to pick up our game, you were on fire yesterday!!
I pulled the two speed apart today to see how it all works (pretty basic). How much clearance should i have between the clutch shoes and the outer housing. I was going to go down to the local netball courts and give it a fang to see when second gear engages.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Man dont touch your clutch set up , it was hummin nicely ..
Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Andrew leave it, i'm pretty sure the engine just needs some more leaning, so it makes enough power to engage second. Its not the 2speed "gap" that determines when it engages its how tight the springs are
Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default XRAY quality Vs HB

Yeah sorry I missed out had a cousin’s birthday party but hopefully I will be there next time. I am still trying to figure out this motor fade problem that I was having on Tuesday night.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Andrew leave it, i'm pretty sure the engine just needs some more leaning, so it makes enough power to engage second. Its not the 2speed "gap" that determines when it engages its how tight the springs are
You're confusing the clutches, the 2 speed changes depending on the speed of the drive shaft (as opposed to the engine) so leaning it wont do much beyond getting it to the shift point a little quicker. The tighter the springs in the 2 speed are the greater the gap between the shoes and the bell, but it's best to just take it somewhere with some space and experiment. Spot on for me is considerably tighter than the instructions recommended but even then i only hit 2nd at the end of the straight when it's time to turn in.

Depending on the turnout next meet, i think it'd be better to run 2 heats of nitro rather than the pro/novice setup. It'll give the quick guys a bit more space (heat 3 was pretty hectic!) and it'll give the faster novices a chance to make the A-main - not that pitting for 2 guys wasn't fun or anything
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by astra power
You're confusing the clutches, the 2 speed changes depending on the speed of the drive shaft (as opposed to the engine) so leaning it wont do much beyond getting it to the shift point a little quicker. The tighter the springs in the 2 speed are the greater the gap between the shoes and the bell, but it's best to just take it somewhere with some space and experiment. Spot on for me is considerably tighter than the instructions recommended but even then i only hit 2nd at the end of the straight when it's time to turn in.

Depending on the turnout next meet, i think it'd be better to run 2 heats of nitro rather than the pro/novice setup. It'll give the quick guys a bit more space (heat 3 was pretty hectic!) and it'll give the faster novices a chance to make the A-main - not that pitting for 2 guys wasn't fun or anything
Trust me mate i'm not confusing the two clutches.

No spring do not adjust the gap, there are specific grub screws with the mugen that adjust the gap! The gap should be set at a certain point and left, from memory mugen said to tighten the screw until the shoes drag on the bell and then back the screws off a 1/4 or 1/2 a turn.
The more power an engine makes the easier its going to shift into gear, i've had A LOT of experience with this at moorebank i have an RB that will only just grab second gear whereas my TZ rips into second gear in the same car. I talk from experience of what i know works.
You don't need 2nd gear at tempe if your engine revs high enough then just tighten the screw until second gear doesn't engage, heck i was passing people down the straight and i didnt have 2nd engaging.

Last edited by hav_lova; 03-05-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trust me mate i'm not confusing the two clutches.
I think Astra Power was refering to my post.

Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.