Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Haven't been on here in a while thought I'd have a browse and just noticed this thread . looks like things are coming along with large scale at Moorebank .I'll have to make the effort to bring the gear out and have a run on the new surface that's if my piston hasn't seized up in the bore it sure has been awhile since I kicked it over .

Won't be attending the titles this year I doubt I would make it three times lucky anyhow I think there will be some stiff competition . Don't write me off from 1/5th scale just yet I still have all my stuff ,I'm sure I will get the urge back to race again sometime soon .
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Neil
Get well soon Mate. You missed seeing the Kiwi put the ex-Brewers Car into the fence at Brewers corner on only it's 2nd outing. Maybe he'll do it again just so you can see it
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 7HEAVN
Haven't been on here in a while thought I'd have a browse and just noticed this thread . looks like things are coming along with large scale at Moorebank .I'll have to make the effort to bring the gear out and have a run on the new surface that's if my piston hasn't seized up in the bore it sure has been awhile since I kicked it over .

Won't be attending the titles this year I doubt I would make it three times lucky anyhow I think there will be some stiff competition . Don't write me off from 1/5th scale just yet I still have all my stuff ,I'm sure I will get the urge back to race again sometime soon .
Hey does anyone know who this Brett Guy is? Is he a racer or something? If so where does he race? I don't think anyone here knows him!
I use to know a Brett 2tt’s once but he gave up racing when it looked like he was going to be beaten by Craig or David Nofingers
Hurry back Brett we all miss watching you set the pace
and giving them some one to follow
Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

May not even be racing now cant be bothered spending a heap on parts cost me enough to buy car can sit in the shed
Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Noticed an entry list has been posted on the Moorebank club page for the Titles next week.

A little disappointed with the numbers but it can be expected with the VIC titles having just been run. You can't expect everyone to get to all the titles events.

There still are a few names missing from the list that I expect to be added but I'd guess at this stage we should probably have about three heats plus trucks (dependant upon how many they put in each heat).

There are quiet a few good names there so the racing should be good and it will be great to see the trucks getting around MB as well.

It all looks like a great fun weekend of 1/5th racing. Should be there Friday myself, I'd like to be down to run some Thursday but that's life.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kiwidave
May not even be racing now cant be bothered spending a heap on parts cost me enough to buy car can sit in the shed
Hi Dave you're welcome to any parts from my harm. I mean any parts that will fit. Or you can put my car back together and race it if you want
Old 05-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Neil we're still thinking about you Mate Get well soon
Old 05-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chuckyone
Hi Dave you're welcome to any parts from my harm. I mean any parts that will fit. Or you can put my car back together and race it if you want
Cheers charlie ive pulled the front end of and just needs hinge pins and bushes so i think i be right i will BUY some on the weekend i got 1 spare in the spare parts but thats bent to haha but may use your servo
Old 05-26-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the support guys, I'm fine now thanks and really looking forward to the titles.

Dave, the add on the forum said your car came with plenty of parts, specifically hinge pins and tires. Maybe Dave forgot to send them, get him to check around his shed.

As I said, I've got some straight second hand hinge pins and bushes you're welcome to them.

Don't forget to hit Dave Brewer up for the rest of your shit though, a deal is a deal. I'm sure he simply forgot to put the stuff in the box mate.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Everyone,
Well not long to the state titles now. Is everyone ready,is anyone going down the track next week to do some practice. Also sounds like we are going to run the new track. We have approx.32 entrants including the truck display. Not to bad, thought we might of had more.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 7HEAVN

Brett, Brett who. Who cares. lol
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by david nothelfer
Hi Everyone,
Well not long to the state titles now. Is everyone ready,is anyone going down the track next week to do some practice. Also sounds like we are going to run the new track. We have approx.32 entrants including the truck display. Not to bad, thought we might of had more.
Keen for some practice too Dave, I need all I can get, Wednesday is the start for us.

Really looking forward to it mate, got a mate who wants to watch the trucks, we might get enough one day for a class at MB.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds like no more grp tires for a while as the factory burnt down
Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Neil, glad to see everything is ok mate. I should be there on wednesday myself. Just had to rebuild my motor. Had a crack piston. Also replaced the ring. Might get more horsepower now. lol,

Yes boy's the grp factory has burnt down. So what ever tyres you have in the grp range will be the last. I think Gary is trying to get some but not to sure. We might get some in our next harm order. Will keep you posted. Also for the harm driver's ,Harm have released a new front end to suit sx-3. This front end is supposed to give more flex in the chassis. Also they have new front axle hub's which will let the car roll more in the curves.

Hey Dave, have you fixed up the front end of your car. Hope there was'nt to much damage. Will you be coming out early to do some practice.

Also boy's i have (not going to believe this ) but i have gone to hyd brakes.
Well that's it for now. Hope to see you all down the track next week.

P.S
Might have to get down early to do some secret set up. Lol.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by david nothelfer

Also boy's i have (not going to believe this ) but i have gone to hyd brakes.
Well that's it for now. Hope to see you all down the track next week.
Who cares it's not like it's the first time. you have had more differen't brake setups on that car then I've had dinners . hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.