Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

I thought it might be about time that we had a thread to discuss all things large scale at Moorebank. With all the changes that have been taking place, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where all the guys that are interested in running large scale cars (XRC & the PRO cars beginner, novice or Pro doesn’t matter your skill level) at Moorebank can come and discuss all matters concerning them and their racing.

We hijacked the XRC thread that Dave Brewer started to discuss all the mods and alike for these cars awhile back but I think it’s more than time to bring it all under one thread for all those that are interested in the actual large scale racing at MB and give the XRC guys back their thread for their tuning info and alike.

As we move forward and try to get the numbers back, I think it will be good to be able to discuss items like our racing time table, point score, general info and just to keep people up to date with how things are going. Any new ideas can be shared so we can keep the communication channels open and people can feel like they are actually part of the whole thing.

What I have heard so far from here and there sounds like there are a lot of motivated people with some great ideas so lets keep them together and get some good racing happening through some of the contacts that can be had through these forums.

The meeting held at Kelletts was a great step (many thanks to Gary for helping make this happen) if we can continue with the enthusiasm and use this thread as a part of the means to keep people informed about how we are going I can see the 1/5th section becoming a larger part of the MB club.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

one latte with one sugar take away please
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Latte, do you want you nails done while you wait?

I thought you'd be a strong black only man Alex, no milk or sugar.

The coffee shop seemed a good tag, place to sit and talk about stuff.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Craig1
Latte, do you want you nails done while you wait?

I thought you'd be a strong black only man Alex, no milk or sugar.

The coffee shop seemed a good tag, place to sit and talk about stuff.
Actually craig, i am totally a strong short blach man love my coffie, and great idea on the thread mate.lets see it happen with more guys jumping on with there topics, 10 bucks by the end of the night Tomb has left some thing on here
Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Actually craig, i am totally a strong short blach man love my coffie, and great idea on the thread mate.lets see it happen with more guys jumping on with there topics, 10 bucks by the end of the night Tomb has left some thing on here
actually, i was going to post something yesterday, but as i went to click send, i said "nah" but yeah, i agree, the best coffee i've ever had was the one Alex made. Seriously...dude, you must of put cocaine or some shit in that coffee it was insane I'm actually thinking of buying an espresso machine. I've heard that the water resevour needs to be copper lined for maximum flavour..

..oww yeah, sorry, this is the 5th scale thread, woops.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TomB
actually, i was going to post something yesterday, but as i went to click send, i said "nah" but yeah, i agree, the best coffee i've ever had was the one Alex made. Seriously...dude, you must of put cocaine or some shit in that coffee it was insane I'm actually thinking of buying an espresso machine. I've heard that the water resevour needs to be copper lined for maximum flavour..

WOOP THERE IT IS you owe me a tena big bad craig.

im glad you liked the coffie Tom, any time for you bro
Old 05-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TomB

Congratulations Craig, a thread is not a thread unless Tomo has left his little pearl of wisdom. Sounds like he's had some more of that "Coca Coffee" than he wants to admit. LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All
This is a good idea Craig. About time we had our own thread. It well be good for everyone to share there thought's and set up's. And also into runnung of the large scale. And also into the club itself.

Cheers
Dave
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

This Sunday Morebank Raceway is holding a 1:5 Test and Tune Day.

The day is designed to allow open class drivers to fine tune setup prior to our upcoming State Titles, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the June long weekend.

We also hope that XRC drivers take the oportunity to have fun and also tune their cars, outside the pressures of a race meeting.

If anyone has a 1:5 on road car and would like to try it on a race track, if anyone would like to see, IMO, true scale mechanical rolling art, or if you have any related question over a friendly cup of coffee, please free to drop by Sunday morning.

A couple of Harms and a Lauterbacher, and perhaps an XRC or two, screaming around a track built with great effort and love from very dedicated and energetic racers, it simply doesn't get any better than that.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Starsracing;5781351]This Sunday Morebank Raceway is holding a 1:5 Test and Tune Day.

The day is designed to allow open class drivers to fine tune setup prior to our upcoming State Titles, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the June long weekend.

Wow who said that large scale drivers aren’t brave? Running on the 2nd 3rd and 4th Sunday of this month, then turning up to the State Titles on the 4th 5th 6th 7th of June the Queen’s Birthday Weekend
I bet there’s going to be a lot of shiny things bought for the wives in the next few days
Especially running on Mother’s Day. Now that’s Brave
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=chuckyone;5783659]
Originally Posted by Starsracing
This Sunday Morebank Raceway is holding a 1:5 Test and Tune Day.

Wow who said that large scale drivers aren’t brave? Running on the 2nd 3rd and 4th Sunday of this month, then turning up to the State Titles on the 4th 5th 6th 7th of June the Queen’s Birthday Weekend
I bet there’s going to be a lot of shiny things bought for the wives in the next few days
Especially running on Mother’s Day. Now that’s Brave
You read my mind old fella, getting the daughter to go to the jewellers tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

You boy's running this sunday are brave. Or maybe the wife's are happy to se
e you go for the day.

Hey Charlie i thought the open class was only running on the 4th sunday of this month. I'm not to sure how many open class are going on this day. I don't think there are many. Not to sure.

Hey Neil, we have only one new motor in the shop. Buy the sounds of it you are going to need it before the states. Lucky we are getting a Harm order in with all new stuff next week. You may need a few spares.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default practice on sat

I and a couple of other guys are going out sat for a bit of a tune and set up,wouldnt dare do it on sun,lol lol What do the large scale guys think of the new track ? Do your cars feel better to drive now? And which layout do you guys prefurr to run next race day? I will be trying to hussle up more volunteers to help out on your upcoming titles event as we really need to get on all members backs to get them to support their club when help is needed.
So keep driving the help is needed message home boys!!!:
Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by david nothelfer
You boy's running this sunday are brave. Or maybe the wife's are happy to se
e you go for the day.

Hey Charlie i thought the open class was only running on the 4th sunday of this month. I'm not to sure how many open class are going on this day. I don't think there are many. Not to sure.

Hey Neil, we have only one new motor in the shop. Buy the sounds of it you are going to need it before the states. Lucky we are getting a Harm order in with all new stuff next week. You may need a few spares.
Dave Mate
"I No Nahting"!!
" Naaahting" !!!

Last edited by chuckyone; 05-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Starsracing;5784229]
Originally Posted by chuckyone

You read my mind old fella, getting the daughter to go to the jewellers tomorrow.
Hey Neil
She’s going to need help carrying all that stuff home. I think it’s going to cost you more than a jar of Jam this time Mate and I don’t think Dave nofingers knows how good a driver you are, now that we’ve made the track more Neil user friendly you're less likely to kill your car now unless the Kiwi has some thing to do with it. You shouldn’t be needing that many spare parts,Motor, clutch, Diff, exhust and a couple of hundred set of tries should do the trick

This is just like old times
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.