Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey Charlie, didn’t intend to make just another thread but as I saw it the clubs main site is great for all the announcements (major type stuff) the general Moorebank thread is good for all the discussion relevant to mainly nitro.

The XRC page has been good also but by name alone it doesn’t state the obvious. Also I’d expect that all the guys who just want to read about stuff that is good for their XRC’s don’t want to wade through pages of us fussing over large scale racing specific stuff. That’s why I thought it would be good to have a thread for the racers at MB who run large scale, be it Pro type cars or XRC cars (not everyone with one of these cars is interested in racing).

We can discuss stuff like the intended program that has been put forward for how the day can progress for large-scale days.

Let everyone know we are back racing on the fourth Sunday of each month.

We can let people know things like this Sunday there will be someone at MB going over some tuning and running of their cars. Mother’s day is the conflict but not everyone has a problem with this.

Discussion on the State Titles approaching, what about the Club Championship?

I think we decided to run to the calendar year from this year, so how many rounds are we going to be using? Are people happy about what point allocations we choose (maybe a point for fastest lap, different spread of points)?

Another thing I thought would be good is to break the year into sections like seasons (winter, summer etc) to keep people interested. Your points would be totaled over the year and an over all trophy awarded but we could award people as winners (1-3) of each section. Instead of trophies for the section we could have actual prizes or vouchers for Kelletts so you get something more worthwhile. To pay for this (if anyone is interested) we could ask for another five dollars entry fee each that would be used to buy the vouchers (prizes would depend upon how many show to race).

Just some stuff, there will be plenty more.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Craig1
Hey Charlie, didn’t intend to make just another thread but as I saw it the clubs main site is great for all the announcements (major type stuff) the general Moorebank thread is good for all the discussion relevant to mainly nitro.

The XRC page has been good also but by name alone it doesn’t state the obvious. Also I’d expect that all the guys who just want to read about stuff that is good for their XRC’s don’t want to wade through pages of us fussing over large scale racing specific stuff. That’s why I thought it would be good to have a thread for the racers at MB who run large scale, be it Pro type cars or XRC cars (not everyone with one of these cars is interested in racing).

We can discuss stuff like the intended program that has been put forward for how the day can progress for large-scale days.

Let everyone know we are back racing on the fourth Sunday of each month.

We can let people know things like this Sunday there will be someone at MB going over some tuning and running of their cars. Mother’s day is the conflict but not everyone has a problem with this.

Discussion on the State Titles approaching, what about the Club Championship?

I think we decided to run to the calendar year from this year, so how many rounds are we going to be using? Are people happy about what point allocations we choose (maybe a point for fastest lap, different spread of points)?

Another thing I thought would be good is to break the year into sections like seasons (winter, summer etc) to keep people interested. Your points would be totaled over the year and an over all trophy awarded but we could award people as winners (1-3) of each section. Instead of trophies for the section we could have actual prizes or vouchers for Kelletts so you get something more worthwhile. To pay for this (if anyone is interested) we could ask for another five dollars entry fee each that would be used to buy the vouchers (prizes would depend upon how many show to race).

Just some stuff, there will be plenty more.
Hi Craig
It’s good to see some thing new finally happening with Large Scale Open Class.
It’s long overdue
Cheers
Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yes it is, but realistically up until now there hasn't been a reason for anyone to really give a shit about it.

I guess that's why the section is where it is RE: numbers and partisipation, general interest etc.

Nothing has changed since it (1/5th) had larger numbers at meetings in general, if anything most things are probably a little cheaper and there are some real option with a cheaper class. The biggest and most important thing is the track now provides a great reason to get back out and give the racing a go again.

As I have said, there is some great interest now in getting things turned around at the club for 1/5th if we all work at it we will all benefit.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I see they have put 1/5th state titles on moorebank thread with a pic of neils car top stuff http://www.moorebankraceway.com/
Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Well Boys,
I've never seen Brewer's car go so fast or consistant.

Good purchase Kiwidave, went very well.

Maybe for the first time it will beat Charle and I at a title event. Currently 2 zip our way. (go the ok fellas)

Looks like you've got some real competition Craig, wave as he goes past Dave Nofingers. LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

yes was good to have a drive of a newer car without a setup just straight outta the garage i mean box Big thanks to Craig for the help with the radio cheers. Will give the car a clean and get it ready for the next meet and i must say your car was going good starsracing so dont change it. Thought well thats going quick but then charlie said craig was driving it Guess i better save some more money to buy some tires
Old 05-10-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Starsracing new shell for the concourse at the state titles
Attached Thumbnails MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)-dittrich_thomas_16.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Starsracing
Well Boys,
I've never seen Brewer's car go so fast or consistant.

Good purchase Kiwidave, went very well.

Maybe for the first time it will beat Charle and I at a title event. Currently 2 zip our way. (go the ok fellas)

Looks like you've got some real competition Craig, wave as he goes past Dave Nofingers. LOL
Hey Neil
After seeing how well you drove yesterday I think you’ve got a real chance of beating the Kiwi for the first time. Nah you guys have gotten too fast for me to keep up. I’m not even in the running
Just be careful not to stop in front of the Kiwi!
And Wasn’t it great how Brewers car ONLY hit the fence at Brewer’s corner only once?

Last edited by chuckyone; 05-10-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kiwidave
Neil
You've outdone yourself this time
That's the Best paint job you've ever done
Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i recon that shell looks cool
Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TomB
i recon that shell looks cool
Yer it'll have to do. LOL

I have a shell sitting at Kellets ready to be painted for the state titles by arguably one of the best painters (in his mind anyway) but he hasn't rang me back as promised.

I hope your not still trying to source enviromentally sound paint. LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Dave you keep it, it looks way better than the one you're painting at the moment. LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chuckyone
Hey Neil
After seeing how well you drove yesterday I think you’ve got a real chance of beating the Kiwi for the first time. Nah you guys have gotten too fast for me to keep up. I’m not even in the running
Just be careful not to stop in front of the Kiwi!
And Wasn’t it great how Brewers car ONLY hit the fence at Brewer’s corner only once?
Hey Uncle,
You me and Frank have to run, someone has to come last. LOL

You can borrow my spare motor, it's not as fast as the Kiwi's super highly modded bastard, but we're not raven for sheepstations like the Kiwi. LOL
Old 05-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

More the better i say charlie gave you another shell to use. Car didnt seem that quick stars had the throttle dialed back to about 3/4s to get used to the car
Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

More the better i say charlie gave you another shell to use. Car didnt seem that quick stars had the throttle dialed back to about 3/4s to get used to the car
Went faster than the previous owner drove it and didn't hit the fence at Brewer's corner LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.