Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 AM
  #15301  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Is there any racing next Sunday? The website says that the club series is on at Casso but the club series thread states that it starts in April!

Cheers
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 AM
  #15302  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,586
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Is there any racing next Sunday? The website says that the club series is on at Casso but the club series thread states that it starts in April!

Cheers
The calendar needs to be amended Andrew, I will be running race control this coming Sunday.
The club series date change was unexpected.
Roman is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM
  #15303  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Andrew Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,367
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roman
The calendar needs to be amended Andrew, I will be running race control this coming Sunday.
The club series date change was unexpected.
Thanks Roman.

The Allycat online entry will need to be fixed up as well.
Andrew Barr is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
  #15304  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Reedy!!!!
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Roman - Just a thrash day or does this go towards the sunday series in the championship points?

Thanks,

Reedy
Syndicate is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 PM
  #15305  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,586
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Syndicate
Roman - Just a thrash day or does this go towards the sunday series in the championship points?

Thanks,

Reedy
I need to confirm this with the committee but I would like this Sunday to be for series points as we will most likely lose a Sunday when round 1 of the Club Series is confirmed.

I will be updating the point score soon to be posted on the website.
At this stage it looks like it will be a year long Saturday and Sunday series with at least 4 dropped rounds, maybe more. Also, only current Ryde members will be included in the point score.
Roman is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
  #15306  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,586
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Round 1 of the Club Series at Castle Hill will be the 29th of April which would have been Ryde Sunday series round 5.
So this Sunday should be for series points.
Roman is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
  #15307  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
daverobbo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default breaking in brushless

I've never read anywhere that you have to break in a brushless like you might with a brushed motor. does anyone like a strategy or do you solder in and go?? thanks all.
daverobbo5 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
  #15308  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daverobbo5
I've never read anywhere that you have to break in a brushless like you might with a brushed motor. does anyone like a strategy or do you solder in and go?? thanks all.
Solder and thrash the life out of it Dave, there are no brushes to wear-in. However, you will often notice that a new motor will come to life after a few batteries, but this is just due to the grease in the bearings loosening up.
nckmat is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 AM
  #15309  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
daverobbo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nckmat
Solder and thrash the life out of it Dave, there are no brushes to wear-in. However, you will often notice that a new motor will come to life after a few batteries, but this is just due to the grease in the bearings loosening up.
Thanks Nick.
daverobbo5 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
  #15310  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
offroader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

hi guys,

after years of absence, i got myself new toys. Just confirming if there is any racing this weekend.

cheers,

Jademond
offroader is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 AM
  #15311  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Looks like there is racing this Sunday as the forecast is good, hot, but that's better than rain.
nckmat is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
  #15312  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,586
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by offroader
hi guys,

after years of absence, i got myself new toys. Just confirming if there is any racing this weekend.

cheers,

Jademond
Yes, there is racing this weekend.

Entries start 9am, racing at 10am, depending on numbers finish around 4pm.

Welcome back Jademond .
Roman is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
  #15313  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Reedy!!!!
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roman
Also, only current Ryde members will be included in the point score.
Roman - I participated in round 1, but am signing up this weekend, i assume that will be ok to make the point score?
Syndicate is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
  #15314  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,586
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Yes, that's ok.

When becoming a member after the start of the point score, I always back date and amend the scoring.
Roman is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
  #15315  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Reedy!!!!
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Excellent, you should see 3 new members (including myself) in the next couple of weeks

Syndicate is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.