Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ryde track was just on Saturday Disney.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Henry#40
....and that video explains why my diff just ate itself lol.

hats off to shane who organised the day, and to the film crew who were excellent. Good job brent and your boys too, it was a great afternoon of racing/filming and a bit of practise!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I recorded it if anybody missed it, well done guys, maybe we should have paid for an ad afterwards, ha, ha, ha. The boys were really natural on camera and Shane was very.....professional, he's a very good electrical engineer you know. And Brent and Dan made good eye candy for the ladies. Actually thinking about it, that story would have people think that the hobby was full of young, fit good looking guys, the media does give very biased views.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRUTICAS
Keep the dream alive Ant. I look forward to this special K video.
Thanks mate. I'm just off to finish it, about 30 frames left.

Def the toughest 12 hour shoot day of anything I do. My whole body aches this morning.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And the Tebo/Bieberton is lurking...must have smelt the Kyosho
Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Peli
And the Tebo/Bieberton is lurking...must have smelt the Kyosho
Hay peli I'm going to re-do the back of ur shell pick a colour or I will pick the colour
Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone gone pass the track to c if it is still their after all this rain
Old 11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

It seems tht not all the RC media are against Argentina getting the Worlds: http://www.redrc.net/2011/07/2012-if...-in-argentina/
Old 11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default sunday racing

what are the chances of racing going ahead tomorrow? or is it best just to go to plan B and do something else...
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Guys, I have now had 13 people contact me since 10pm last night asking the same question:
NO! There is no racing this weekend!
There was going to be a vintage meet originally but that got canned ages ago due to unpopular demand. If you ever want to know what is happening at Ryde check the website, I update it at the beginning of every month and I make sure that the left hand column is up-to-date for the following 2 months.

So please save this to your Favorites (sic) tab:
http://www.sydneyrc.com
Old 11-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Nick's interview finished.

Thanks for you time answering the questions Nick. Good answers and very enjoyable chatting.

Luckily even without questions I'm sure we'll still hear many further opinions, insights and fun anecdotes.

Here's your outro music.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1
Thanks for you time answering the questions Nick. Good answers and very enjoyable chatting.

Luckily even without questions I'm sure we'll still hear many further opinions, insights and fun anecdotes.

Here's your outro music.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Ahhh, my theme song!

And I just spent an hour searching but I finally found this again:

4WD Mod - Daft Punk "Homework"
2WD Beastie - Beastie Boys "Intergalactic"
Truck Mod - Prodigy "Fat of the Land"
Mini - Pearl Jam "Vitalogy"
21.5 - Myles Davis "Kinda Blue"
Old 11-26-2011, 02:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Henry#40
Originally Posted by DJB
....and that video explains why my diff just ate itself lol.

hats off to shane who organised the day, and to the film crew who were excellent. Good job brent and your boys too, it was a great afternoon of racing/filming and a bit of practise!
Originally Posted by nckmat
I recorded it if anybody missed it, well done guys, maybe we should have paid for an ad afterwards, ha, ha, ha. The boys were really natural on camera and Shane was very.....professional, he's a very good electrical engineer you know. And Brent and Dan made good eye candy for the ladies. Actually thinking about it, that story would have people think that the hobby was full of young, fit good looking guys, the media does give very biased views.
Yeah, i saw the interview this morning, well done club president Shane (RacerEd) Edwards for a good Ryde representation.

Well done also to Dan and Brent and Brent's boys.

I wonder if this will get some new people into RC ?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I went to Oversteer last night with Ashley Anthony and had a great time racing the Losi mini sprint cars around the oval and the Associated mini SCT on the circuit track.

I was a bit dubious about how much skill and fun would be involved, especially on a small track but was pleasantly surprised at just how good it was.

I will definitely go again, if anyone is interested even slightly then just go up and have a go, you will definitely have fun.

Thanks to Jason Summers for a great night.
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-jason-summers-running-oversteer.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-losi-mini-sprint-track.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Well I was right, we went down to the river today to run the boats and we have a blown esc in the BJ26 (as luck would have it I have a spare that came with the boat) and the Tear jet boat has a gash in it's side, god knows how it got that, it's 1mm thick abs and has a top speed of about 1/2 knot, if that and it was on open water with no collisions. (Insert confused smiley)

The BJ26 blew it's speedie because somebody decided to test how far the radio would reach on the $50 NQD boat and then it ran out of battery 60m off shore. I tried to use the BJ26 to return it to shore but it isn't designed to be run in slow tight circles for 10 minutes it has an intake in the rudder that feeds the water cooling jacket on the speedie and motor, it needs fairly constant speed to work efficiently. So then we have two boats 60m off shore! So I had to walk out to chest deep water in Bull Shark territory only to discover that it wasn't sand all the way out but 400mm of mangrove mud that covers a base layer of broken shells, must have been a mangrove swamp at Kissing Point Park orginally. I was not happy with the person who decided to test the limits of their boat! (Angry smiley)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.