Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mmm Brushless motor myths

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: FYI

Ich kann nicht warten, um einen dieser schnellen deutschen überwältigten schwanzlosen Supermotoren in mein Tourenwagen zu setzen. Besercoe und Coxy wissen nicht, welche Weise der Wind durchbrannte.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ich weiß nicht, daß weißer Tag mein Deutsch ein wenig rostiges ist. Ich sage gerade gehe mit dem hacher sechs und trete Arsch
Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Besercoe
Ich weiß nicht, daß weißer Tag mein Deutsch ein wenig rostiges ist. Ich sage gerade gehe mit dem hacher sechs und trete Arsch
Mien Schlieben Doggy Doggy

Old 11-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Warum ist jeder Sprechen auf Deutsch?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

LOL
Old 11-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by OldSkool
Aren't Trinity just like Ferrari ,ban it or boycott it.

Once they have it (the technology) they will love it.

The only brushless I have had the chance to try so far is the novak model ,which is used in a TC3 ,and a B4.

The novak in no way could keep pace with 7 turn brushed motors, but it also doesn't need a rebuild after 6 mins of runtime.

Although the new orion motors look to be a leap in the right direction ,its most likely to little to late.

And brushless in racing on and off road would be better as racing could be closer ,the problem with rc racing in Australia is that the bar has been lifted by a few in a way that the newcomers ,and budget racers alike are by no way competitive, but the main thing is the level and quality of racing has gone out the window.
On road in Sydney may be different ,but I bet its still all keeping up with the jones'.

Maybe if the powers that be want this sport (as the word hobby is no longer valid) to re gain its former glory of years past ,they would allow brushless in off road as well as on,so people could work on driving there cars not worrying about the new bits they have to buy ,just so someone will talk to them..

At the end of the day its RC racing ,not real racing, and in no way are they the same.
Stop throwing money at it and race!!!
Oldskool I will have to double check with the oldfart but I believe motor rules fall into the General Rules section which means if the proposal is voted in it would apply to both on and off road.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Champion

anyone realise the cost of Novak BL motor "only" for the ss5800 just $112.00AUS most brushed mod motors are above this.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

wir deutsche Lautsprecher mit unserem Hacker 6T bereiten vor uns, die Welt zu übernehmen!! wahahaha irgendwie das klingt ein wenig zu poiltical...

wow i didn't know i knew how to speak german!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Kontronic have at least two versions in testing, specifically for car racing. Several other european manufacturers are also developing .........

The change WILL happen - but only when sanctioning bodies stop worrying about "all the money" that the major companies hold them to ransom with. Unfortunately , like everything else in life, sport , blah blah blah - money talks.

Bloody politics.....lets make racing just that little more even for everyone.....

Cheers

Darryn
Old 11-12-2003, 02:20 PM
ant
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Coxy
Wow contact you must have a lot of brushless systems to have tryed them all. As for them to be put on the approved motor list it needs to have be tested and approved.

i.e. the approved list at the monent is only the Novak and the Hacker system

Coxy.
and were these on the approved list when thay started to get used.
who came up with this approved list and who dose the testing for approval
Old 11-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ant
Well this is just my point that people seem to loose. Some people just don't seem to get it. People putting forward rules for these when they have not even seen of used some if these is more than silly.

Coxy.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by ant

Why is everyone against having an approved list? the idea behind it is to provide a safe ground that people can comfortably go out and buy a product, Yes there are many different brands out there, but are they any good? i dont want people to go out and buy a product that is a dud, the idea is to help guide people into buying a good product.

If a distributor wants to get a motor made official all they would have to do is have someone run it at club and local meetings, once it proves that it does not blow up, and has decent performance and is a reasonable price, then that importer would submit a proposal to the club and then to ARCMACCA's and it would be voted on by the members.

We are in infant territory people, just because people like nontact can spray out a list of BL websites, does not mean they are suitable for our application.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

now who is spraying?

all the motors that i have submitted to fof have are currently used in cars / buggies in places on the planet other than australia (and probably here too, just not by the select few)

all the companies listed have been making bl motors longer than novak, and in many instances longer than hacker

this is not accutally new territory, bl motors have been arround for a long time there are no secrets in how to construct them... in fact they are reasonably easy to make at home (although home magnet bonding techniques can often lead to disasterious failures )

as i sad at the aarcmcc meeting you should be less worried about the can and more conserned with the esc

companies submit motors for testing to clubs - reasonable price, does not blow up HA!... just like a few top level esc's i could name i look forward to seeing this... net result australians restricted to a fovoured couple simply because they were popularised first when world wide there are many potential runners --- so much for the freedom of choice arguement we see voiced so vocally elsewhere

besercoe - protector of the masses
Old 11-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by contact
now who is spraying?

all the motors that i have submitted to fof have are currently used in cars / buggies in places on the planet other than australia (and probably here too, just not by the select few)

all the companies listed have been making bl motors longer than novak, and in many instances longer than hacker

this is not accutally new territory, bl motors have been arround for a long time there are no secrets in how to construct them... in fact they are reasonably easy to make at home (although home magnet bonding techniques can often lead to disasterious failures )

as i sad at the aarcmcc meeting you should be less worried about the can and more conserned with the esc

companies submit motors for testing to clubs - reasonable price, does not blow up HA!... just like a few top level esc's i could name i look forward to seeing this... net result australians restricted to a fovoured couple simply because they were popularised first when world wide there are many potential runners --- so much for the freedom of choice arguement we see voiced so vocally elsewhere

besercoe - protector of the masses
I personally wouldnt be prepared to fork out the $1000 or so for some of the systems your talking about without them being
a) legal for use
b) proven
I think Besercoe is saying that there should be sufficient comfort for someone investing in BL technology that those two points are satisfied. It is not a fair comparison to draw from brushed motors, cells or otherwise.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

at present nothing is legal for use...

i accecpt that people want the security of a list, what i dont understand is why there should only be 2 motors on it when there are a number of proven options available....

and no i havent driven them, but i also respect that other people have, and that companies in business since before the inception of R/C have some idea of what there doing... thats why the list i submitted to fof has specific motors listed and is not simply a blanket catch all of different companies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.