R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   mmm Brushless motor myths (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/27150-mmm-brushless-motor-myths.html)

NR 11-04-2003 05:13 PM

mmm Brushless motor myths

I thought this was pretty interesting.

Here is some myths RE Brushless systems.

Brushless Motor System Myths

These points below are in reaction to ads that have been run which we feel could be misleading to the customer about Brushless Motor Systems. In our opinion, this is a technology that is not all it is advertised to be.

Only Need One Motor: False, you will still need several motors for each application you decide to use them in.

Motors are Indestructible: False, Brushless motors can still be susceptible to shorts due to faulty winding, debris entering the motor and heat.

Torque and RPM are the same as brushed: False, you will need to give up one for the other. That is another reason why you need more then one brushless motor.

No Maintenance: False, cleaning, bearing replacement and magnet zapping will still be needed for top performance. Also, any damage to the motor can may cause the motor to fail.

Brushless will take the battery war out of play: False, Batteries will play a bigger part since brushless systems depend on high voltage, amps and super low internal resistance to operate as a race motor. Bottom line... you will still need to have quality batteries.

Some say the Speed Control can be programmed to a spec level and everyone will be the same: False, again at this point batteries will make a huge difference. Good quality packs will be essential. In the end, a " Team Driver" will still have the advantage due to speed controller programming knowledge, access to unreleased technology and the ability to jump the regulator that restricts the amp flow. It is much easier to just tech a motor.

Brushless Performance: There will still be better motors than others due to manufacturing tolerances. Remember the price on a brushless motor when you have to replace it because it does not perform as claimed. Since there is no easy way to maintain and keep a brushless motor up to original spec (i.e. rebuild) it may be necessary to purchase new motors often at a very high price to keep up with your neighbor or racing rival.

False

sleek the elite 11-04-2003 05:45 PM

He got that from the Teamtrinity website by the way, just in case any of you can't tell.....:lol:

NR 11-04-2003 05:54 PM

What do you know.

Yes Yes Sleek you are pretty quick i did get that from the Trinity site.

Most people do ACTUALLY know that. But thanks for clarifying:)

Besercoe 11-04-2003 06:21 PM

Wow that this dribble came from the trinity site is enough to prove that it is propaganda bullshit.

Vote with your feet people, BL IS the future, how quick it comes will depend on how many Lemmings listen to this sort of shite:flaming:

NR 11-04-2003 07:06 PM

HA HA HA

I thought you would love it besercoe. lol lol

NR 11-04-2003 07:10 PM

Lol

Im now looking forward to Coxys Response .:ha: :sweat:

Coxy 11-04-2003 08:33 PM

Re: Lol

Originally posted by Pink TC3
Im now looking forward to Coxys Response .:ha: :sweat:
Ummm look out for the new thread in the on road section posted by me. "Trininty Bullshit".

I think they need to be told.

Coxy.

NR 11-04-2003 08:39 PM

lol

:ha: :ha: :ha:

VenomWorldOrder 11-05-2003 04:06 AM

Re: lol

brushless rules! electric racing minus the motor maintainance issues! setup, setup, setup!;) :nod: all the focus goes on the setup!:sneaky:

for a nuckle dragging nitro driver such as myself, whos main "love of the hobby" is in smelly nitro this rocks. if it wasn't for brushless i would of never gotten into electric.... actually after saying that some people may now consider brushless a negative:lol: :p

contact 11-10-2003 06:22 PM

hacker and holden join forces

Kennedy 11-10-2003 08:53 PM

Originally posted by contact
hacker and holden join forces
LOL Thats an absolute classic!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dontfeelcold 11-11-2003 03:27 AM

maybe oneday they will have a full adjustable esc for brushless so you can change the powerband, torque, revs to suit different tracks

hacker 6turn

cant get enough of that torque:tire: :tire:

Retro Racer 11-11-2003 07:07 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

geeeee......Do you reckon Trinity want to keep everyone shelling out for :

Brushes
Springs
comms
comm lathes
diamond bits for the lathes
whole motors at a greater frequency that will EVER be rquired with brushless..........

:lol: :confused: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird::lol: :lol:

What a load of crap from Trinitythat is.

I have been around flying model aircraft with brushless for years (as have MANY Australians, Europeans and Americans), with phenominal success, performance and reliability.........what makes Trinity think it will be any less successfull in the model car field...the brushless systems will have an easier life in cars than they do in some aircraft.

I cant wait for the KONTRONIC car series to hit our shores...then it will be on for young and old....bring it on I say.

I reckon brushless will breed a WHOLE lot of enthusiasm for racing again.

My 2 cents

Cheers

Darryn

war11x 11-11-2003 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Retro Racer
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

geeeee......Do you reckon Trinity want to keep everyone shelling out for :

Brushes
Springs
comms
comm lathes
diamond bits for the lathes
whole motors at a greater frequency that will EVER be rquired with brushless..........

:lol: :confused: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird::lol: :lol:

What a load of crap from Trinitythat is.

I have been around flying model aircraft with brushless for years (as have MANY Australians, Europeans and Americans), with phenominal success, performance and reliability.........what makes Trinity think it will be any less successfull in the model car field...the brushless systems will have an easier life in cars than they do in some aircraft.

I cant wait for the KONTRONIC car series to hit our shores...then it will be on for young and old....bring it on I say.

I reckon brushless will breed a WHOLE lot of enthusiasm for racing again.

My 2 cents

Cheers

Darryn

HEAR, HEAR Retro Racer
i think the sales guys at trinity have their heads in the ground
i also think Brushless motors will become the norm in Rc cars for the average racer , although i think it may take some time to convert the A main drivers as a whole
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
my 2 cents worth

Coxy 11-11-2003 01:32 PM

Well I don't think you will have to wait too long for Kontronic to hit out shores.

Coxy.