Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Don't everyone nominate at once! .... geeezz
Old 10-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Griffo7
Hey Tez, have you slipped a gas tourer motor into the T4 for tomorrow night, you entered in GT
Maybe it was intentional... I don't think anyone will notice if I run my Xray in GT. I can make pretty good nitro engine sounds

Last edited by bigtez; 10-09-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gas

Originally Posted by bigtez
Maybe it was intentional... I don't think anyone will notice if I run my Xray in GT. I can make pretty good nitro engine sounds
My tip is Terry rocking up with a gas tourer, maybe an Xray we will see lol
Old 10-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ole Tez used to go pretty good in a GT.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up TC6.1 caster blocks

Hey guys
anyone racing tonight that would have so caster blocks for a TC6.1
part number 31358
I just checked with trackside and they dont have stock
Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GENERALTALKS
Ole Tez used to go pretty good in a GT.
I think I might still go okay too. First night out with the NT1 had a few successes amongst the failures.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys a bit of a noob question?
I kept traction rolling last night. What should i do to stop it.
and also noticed the foam on tyres were coming
Off as well could this be due traction rolling ?
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by heartostone
Hey guys a bit of a noob question?
I kept traction rolling last night. What should i do to stop it.
and also noticed the foam on tyres were coming
Off as well could this be due traction rolling ?
I am guessing your car was the white BMW HPI? If it was your main issue that is causing traction roll is the centre of gravity was too high. To correct it you need to lower the ride height of the car. This is usually done by winding the shock collars/spring retainers towards the top of the shock body. However, on some cars it is not possible to lower the car enough to prevent traction rolling.

After that there are a few other things to try if you are still having issues. If you like, at the next race meeting I can walk you through some of the chassis settings and set your car up to handle a bit better.

The traction rolling may have caused you to chunk the tyres. Once you have the car setup you may find that the chunking will stop. If not, using the tyre saving stickers, if they come with your tyres, or running some CA glue around the outside of the rear tyres will help.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Hey no my car is the white car with blue checkers
Old 10-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey no my car is the white car with blue checkers
Okay. Might need some more information, such as some basic setup information (car model, tyres, springs, shock oil, ride height, camber, swaybars etc).
Old 10-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Hi its a sakura zero. Tyres 37 all around. 40 weight shock oil. Spirngs ate 5.5 front 5.75 rear. Sway bar front stiff and soft rear. Ride height is 6mm front 6.5 rear. Camber 2 all around.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi its a sakura zero. Tyres 37 all around. 40 weight shock oil. Spirngs ate 5.5 front 5.75 rear. Sway bar front stiff and soft rear. Ride height is 6mm front 6.5 rear. Camber 2 all around.
Firstly, the track wasn't very consistent on Friday night, as whoever sprayed the sugar water applied too much too narrow. If you were getting on and off of the big black stripe, then you would have had issues. One of the Large Scale drivers reported that they got untidy off the stripe, and as they slid back onto it the car rolled, destroying a steering servo in the process.

Having said that, check that your shocks are built consistently (each of the front pair have the same rebound and no air in them, same for the rear pair). Check your sway bars are set up correctly and that your droop settings are equal, side to side.

If all of that is okay and you are still having traction roll issues there is a big list of things to try, but i would start with a harder rear tyre and widening the track front and rear. After that I would look at raising the roll centres to try and stop the car pitching as you turn in.

This is what I would do, but others may have differing opinions or suggestions. Traction rolling is an infinitely debated topic (do a search in the EP on road forums to completely confuse yourself) and every body seems to have their own approach.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First thing I always ask/suggest, is have you done stage zero?, and by that I mean pull the shocks, and sway bars if need be, check for 'any' bind, in arms and driveline, if so shim, sand, whatever needed to remove all binding.

Then connect sway bars, check again, adjust as needed, then reset everything to the suggested OEM setup that came with the kit, once you all at stage zero, then you can move onto to adjusting one thing at a time to work at one problem at a time.

Generally most the kits being sold today come with good setups out of the box, but attention to detail is everything when it comes to making them work, also making sure all your droops and travels are working right with tyre diameters is very important with the foams.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your suggestions. Will run through the list and see how things go.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup for Heartostone

Heartostone I was running this chassis when I first started SSF. I will dig up my setup that I was running and PM it to you if you like. I only ran the car for a short while before switching to Xray. But I had the car dialled in pretty good and am only to happy to share the setup I ran with you.

GC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.