Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is it possible to be totally hyped and completely buggered at the same time? Cos that's how I feel this morning. Hopefully I can unlock some more of the softwares capabilities to streamline the setting up process.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigtez
Is it possible to be totally hyped and completely buggered at the same time? Cos that's how I feel this morning. Hopefully I can unlock some more of the softwares capabilities to streamline the setting up process.
Yup it is... *yawn*
Old 02-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by blis
Yup it is... *yawn*
Took me 4 beers to unwind enough from last night to get into bed.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know how to set a Reventon 1.1 Pro to "blinky" mode?

I fitted one to each of my 2 cars, I was asking Steve last night about the possibility that I may be inadvertently cheating as the esc doen't 'blink', we read the booklet & found that the 'stock' setting is 18.5" on the DMTS, Steve felt that 0% should be "blinky", I've changed the value to 0" & now the red only comes on at full throttle & the orange at full brake.

I'm not so certain that this is "blinky" mode or if the stock setting is "blinky", now that I know how to do it, if the factory setup is indeed "blinky" then I may just run it at 15" (easier on the motors anyway), but just want to know that I'm not cheating, on purpose or by accident.

I'm just about to go have a good look at Speed Passions site to see what they say about the 1.1 Pro & "blinky" mode, but if anyone has any first hand experience with these it may help guide me through it.

Cheers.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Took me 4 beers to unwind enough from last night to get into bed.
Yeah I think it was required to suppress the seismic activity from Terry and I once we passed out. NASA reported strange vibrations emanating from Brisbane and reports of two women cussing something about a Happy Valentines Day with an argumentative tone.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wal, the Reventons require the correct firmware version to operate in true blinky mode. Have a look at their website to find the correct version and reflash your speedies.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Terry,

Got it, now both cars are legal ("blinky" mode), I'm a happy camper, unlike the 40 minutes I just spent trying to work out how to download it, send it to the esc, update the settings (at this stage I'm saying "this is too much stress, don't think I can be bothered with this r/c racing caper, might just go back to racing speedway"), then check it all, times 2.

Now just have to pull both cars apart, order some 48p gears (after destroying a brand new 64p spur within 1/2 a lap of racing & 2 minutes of warm up), this is getting nearly as time consuming as running the compact speedcar, lucky I'm sort of enjoying myself, because I am not a masochist so don't appreciate the punishment without any reward.

Oh & someone remind Marty, he has to come around & re-polish my turret, he didn't do a very good job last night, maybe some polish & a rag, hey Marty, not flipping me upside down & pushing me 10 metres.

Freebie alert--------

I have a 72t 48p spur that I bought, it's the wrong stud pattern for my SpecR, I think it's an Associated one, free to good home, not in package but never been used. First body that grabs me at the next club meet can have it, must fit your car, not giving it away to someone who isn't going to use it (sooner or later).

Ok back to what you were doing, move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited by OldfartWal; 02-15-2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: adding a free give away
Old 02-15-2014, 12:32 AM
tjk
Tech Addict

Wow, what a night. Just couldn't stay for the 2nd final. After being so "sparked and perked up" as H put it I found I couldn't maintain that feeling and had to pike.

The real highlight of the night for me was to see the 2 girls in the final of the Junior race having a great race with one another and really enjoying themselves. The giggles and laughter emanating from the drivers stand was great to hear. After all that is what it is all about.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi,
Re:64pitch running gear, you might be suprised at how durable 64p can be in onroad.
I've been running it for the last 12 months and have only chewed 2x spurs in that time and both times were my own fault- rallying driving landsborough outer and 2nd time incorrect mesh gap. I ran quite a bit during the 12months.
Granted you have to take more time getting a nice mesh but I wouldnt swap the ability to fine tune my gearing strategies for 48p anyday. (except offroad).
Cheers, Brett.

Originally Posted by OldfartWal
Thanks Terry,

Got it, now both cars are legal ("blinky" mode), I'm a happy camper, unlike the 40 minutes I just spent trying to work out how to download it, send it to the esc, update the settings (at this stage I'm saying "this is too much stress, don't think I can be bothered with this r/c racing caper, might just go back to racing speedway"), then check it all, times 2.

Now just have to pull both cars apart, order some 48p gears (after destroying a brand new 64p spur within 1/2 a lap of racing & 2 minutes of warm up), this is getting nearly as time consuming as running the compact speedcar, lucky I'm sort of enjoying myself, because I am not a masochist so don't appreciate the punishment without any reward.

Oh & someone remind Marty, he has to come around & re-polish my turret, he didn't do a very good job last night, maybe some polish & a rag, hey Marty, not flipping me upside down & pushing me 10 metres.

Freebie alert--------

I have a 72t 48p spur that I bought, it's the wrong stud pattern for my SpecR, I think it's an Associated one, free to good home, not in package but never been used. First body that grabs me at the next club meet can have it, must fit your car, not giving it away to someone who isn't going to use it (sooner or later).

Ok back to what you were doing, move along, nothing to see here.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

After spending about 20mins on Friday night seeding the SSF heats I have decided to utilize the race software's skill level feature. This means that you are assigned a skill level based on you best qualifying time. I have only used this year's Winter Series results however if you have gone quicker over 5mins in a qualifier and have the documentation to prove it send an email to [email protected] with a scan or photo of the printout or a link to the result on myrcm.

Edit: This is for SSF only at this stage. As the other classes grow we can implement a similar procedure when necessary.

Last edited by bigtez; 02-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Suspended

After spending about 20mins on Friday night seeding the SSF heats I have decided to utilize the race software's skill level feature. This means that you are assigned a skill level based on you best qualifying time. I have only used this year's Winter Series results however if you have gone quicker over 5mins in a qualifier and have the documentation to prove it send an email to [email protected] with a scan or photo of the printout or a link to the result on myrcm.

Edit: This is for SSF only at this stage. As the other classes grow we can implement a similar procedure when necessary.
Sounds brilliant. Less work for you, more fair for us drivers. Great initiative. And with the amount of drivers there on a Friday night now, the less time you have to spend setting up things, the quicker we can all get started.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Less work for you
I wish. It will make setting up the meetings much easier for anybody who wants to, so it will be worth the effort.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Your a champ.

Good work mate.
Sounds like your been spending a lot of your spare time on club stuff.
We all apricante it mate. Make sure your family get their share of Terry time..

Steve H
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Congratulation Robert Manitta

Congratulation to Rob, Anna and Neno as they now welcomed in the world a new baby girl, Matilda.

Welcome Matilda
may you find your dream and live it,
the world is at your feet.

Steve H
Old 02-16-2014, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shanwright
Good work mate.
Sounds like your been spending a lot of your spare time on club stuff.
We all apricante it mate. Make sure your family get their share of Terry time..

Steve H
I have plenty of spare time at the moment while on uni holidays so its not too bad. Although I did get in trouble for not doing enough housework today

Congratulations Rob and family on creating a future driver for the Junior class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.