Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Nitro
I think they have thrown down the 'Gauntlet'.

The competitions on,

Weapon SSF, Tomorrow, EPR.

Team Burpengary East vs .......
Team Burpengary East vs The Cashmere Crazies
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think you are all siping the water you should bottle it and then tony can tax it///or cut/cut whichever side you are on/ha
greg
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
i think you are all siping the water you should bottle it and then tony can tax it///or cut/cut whichever side you are on/ha
greg
Its the heat Greg, summer is on its way and the heat makes you think crazy things.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Keep the Burp water, Im haulin all the way from Logan ( shuns ) after starting at 3:30am finishing at 12 then straight to track, by the time the finals come Im seeing pink dragons on the track ,,, pmsl
Old 09-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tsar
Keep the Burp water, Im haulin all the way from Logan ( shuns ) after starting at 3:30am finishing at 12 then straight to track, by the time the finals come Im seeing pink dragons on the track ,,, pmsl
Is that from fatigue or because you drive Team Magic Mushrooms
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

That would be less confusing than seeing orange cars.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Is that from fatigue or because you drive Team Magic Mushrooms
roflmao, bloody quick 4 mushrooms, ...Just outright Fatigue, the drive home is worse by then, dem dragons got purple poka dots
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

maybe its not the water its the ////ICE///you are putting in it
greg
Old 09-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Suspended

I think next time, I will not delegate the Anti Rain Dance out to Trev because it did not work

Thanks Kerry for setting up the qualifiers with individual timers, it was great to run in space and really be able to put in a representative run without all the bif and barge that us slow guys generally put onto each other

The Spec-R was on fire tonight, PB by 10+ odd seconds over 5mins in the first qualifier and another 5 second improvement in the 2nd. In a matter of 2 weeks i have gone from being 1 sec off 16laps to being 1sec off 17laps. Damn the rain, i was going to nail that 17 lapper too, i could feel it.

Bring on next fortnight.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Why are Fridays night racing so good?

Thanks again to all the guys that work hard and make this club so good, you know who you are.

Last night was another great fun night .
The pits where packed and the racing in gas tourer was great fun. Ill have to keep eye out for that sandwich move next time... I was sure I could fit between those two cars... Oh well maybe not It looked to be fun for the other classes too. The bikes are always great to watch.

Its great to see new faces and cars and bikes turning up each week as well as the regulars.

Thanks again Leo for your hints and tips I'm getting back on the pace with better lap times, now I just need to work on my consistency.

It never ceases to amaze me just how sensitive these small cars are to correct setup, there mush be 100 things you have to get right to get a car on pace.

Thanks as away to my pit man snapper, last nights tune was right on the money.

Thanks Abby for the caffeine hit , maybe that's what the third heat was so quick....

Thanks to the Junior guys for being safer in the pit area.

I have question:
Why are Friday nights so good at England Park Raceway.. What's your thoughts guys and gals.

Steve Hanwright
GT rep.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was a shame the night ended early. I only had to find 0.7s to pull a 19 lapper.

It must have been a fast track cos Jeffa cracked a new lap record, 15.97s I think.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shanwright

I have question:
Why are Friday nights so good at England Park Raceway.. What's your thoughts guys and gals.

Steve Hanwright
GT rep.
Because the racing is fun. It's social, there are more kids and mums, it's dinner time too, so we eat together and amongst it all there are newcomers, who show a passion for their models and it takes the old timers back to their roots.

We're mixing up RC modelling too, the committee is adopting what's best for the club at club meetings, so it's the ideal environment to enjoy RC parallel to ORRCA/AARCMCC and this helps exclude the rigid constraints of sanctioned racing.

Friday nights are fun Steve, this doesn't mean sanctioned racing isn't fun either, it's more exhilarating, more powerful, more precise and it's where you have the biggest personal achievements in RC. It's where racing is the center of focus and social interaction, depending on how heats are going is not obligatory. Yes, RACE FACE:ON!

The IC club meets are where we practice AARCMCC rules, I am most proud of our clubs ability to refrain from "stop go"! When you put an 1:8 on track the atmosphere move a level or two higher on the power and performance scale.

Regardless, all IC racing needs a pit lane for refueling and they're having a good time watching you go around too. We support each other and enjoy some good racing at all levels. We share more of our experiences in IC, there are so many merits to IC racing that's not identified and promoted often enough.

There's no rule that says a TG powered 200mm Pro Tourer can't run the full track at England Park...

We're all traffic!!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The summer rain gods were testing us last night. Its only the beginning of Spring.

When I drove home last night, the track and the Brendale area roads were wet. By the time I got to the motorway the road was completely dry. It was dry all the way home (North).

I think we were targeted by the fun police.

I was hoping to sort of my SSFs new ESC. The settings or software were not right. But it rained before I could check my last changes.

I was going to run my GT too, but the rear diff gave out (it had plastic gears). I fixed that, but didn't have a chance to try it.

So whats the latest on the tracks roof.
Best we get it installed before we resurface the track. Then with proper preparation and surrounding drainage the track will last 20-30 years. (not having to resurface the track every 6 years would offset the cost of the roof.

Was the track last resurfaced in 2006. Its have been very bumpy / cracked for at least a year. So it only lasted (in a good racing state) for 5-6 years.

Standing by!!

Last edited by El Nitro; 09-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to thank all that attended it was a fun night darall had the old 4r /and baby rossi going well it had more adjustments last night than in last 5 years but I had FUN again which is what it is all about //but more fun when you beat//grandson//ha
greg
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by El Nitro
So whats the latest on the tracks roof.
Best we get it installed before we resurface the track. Then with proper preparation and surrounding drainage the track will last 20-30 years. (not having to resurface the track every 6 years would offset the cost of the roof.
There are 2 lotto super draws Thurs 30mil and Sat 21mil, when I win one or both of these it will happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.