Search

2007 VORTEC Electric State Titles

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bob,

If you're running 540pro (which i assume you are) you can use tires/rims/inserts that YOU supply. The actual rubber must be Take Off 27's, but you can use any rim/ insert combination that you like.

You can have a maximum of 2(TWO) sets and both will be marked by the scrutineering team.

If you choose NOT to supply your own, you can buy a set of tires/rims/inserts for $42 (or you can buy 2 sets for $84) from the club.
Bob, i'd use what i said earlier and forget about what it says on the entry form
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default read

Burlap, download the entry form and read it, then you may understand, if you cant read, ask somebody to explain it to you. This is the last post i will do, thanks NT and Tony
BOB
Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NT
Bob, i'd use what i said earlier and forget about what it says on the entry form
Lets make that the paragraph on the entry form then eh?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Hahaha - go for it

I'm an English Teacher, i get to explain things to people all day
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
Burlap, download the entry form and read it, then you may understand, if you cant read, ask somebody to explain it to you. This is the last post i will do, thanks NT and Tony
BOB
I understand the form clearly, as I will be in Stock and will have to run the tyres supplied at the track.

I meant your posting.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 PM
NT
Tech Elite

If they use what i say, i reckon they'll have some pretty ordinary handling cars come the VICS
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tyres

I hate to ask another question about tyres but maybe I am not reading properly or missing something (feel free to jump in Mr School teacher) When we purchase the tyres (19 turn) do you get to select the tyre compound? e.g. - 32's, 36,s. 28's etc or is it a set compound?
Also because it is out doors what happens if it r_ins (don't want to say the full word ) will it be moved to a following date and will we need to re purchase our wheels, motors etc?
Aussie BOB - Just join 19 turn and leave the kiddies 540 class Don't go stock, we all know what happens in stock
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheekydevil
I hate to ask another question about tyres but maybe I am not reading properly or missing something (feel free to jump in Mr School teacher) When we purchase the tyres (19 turn) do you get to select the tyre compound? e.g. - 32's, 36,s. 28's etc or is it a set compound?
Also because it is out doors what happens if it r_ins (don't want to say the full word ) will it be moved to a following date and will we need to re purchase our wheels, motors etc?
Aussie BOB - Just join 19 turn and leave the kiddies 540 class Don't go stock, we all know what happens in stock

Take-Off 27's
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default P.S

I also noticed that proton are a sponser, if I drive down in a proton does that entitle me to a VIP sponsered section of the track
Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default The error of my ways

I noticed the error after submitting so sorry for that one

One question then is what if it is a stinker of a day, on 19 turn there are going to be some cooked tyres, i guess i'll have to bring some bbq sauce to have with my well done tyres on the day
Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From the entry:

* 540 Pro will be running handout motors, which will be part of the entry price.

* 540 Pro will run Take Off 27’s supplied by the competitors these tyres will be marked prior to the race
qualifying and entrants will only be aloud 2 sets marked and used during the meeting (Can be purchased
with entry if preferred)

* Stock, 19 Turn and Modified will be running control tyre/rim/insert combination.
This year the chosen wheel is Take Off Pre Mount 27’s, which are a Take Off 27 tyre with a medium insert on a Take Off rim,
each set (4) will cost $42.00 with your entry.

Each driver is allowed 2 sets for qualifying and a 3rd set can be purchased by drivers who make the A mains.

Rules:

Tyres

The word tyre in this context refers to tyre, insert and rim combination.
Drivers will only be able to access one complete set of tyres at a time, the other set(s) if they have chosen to have them will be kept in scrutineering.

Drivers must return the tyres they have in order to access another set, tyres can be swapped 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc.

It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that none of the scrutineering marks are removed or damaged, failure to do so will result in disqualification.

No modifications are allowed to tyre/rim or insert. Drivers are allowed to run a bead of glue around the edge where the tyre joins the rim.

It is the drivers responsibility to make sure the tyres are glued prior to each race.

All tyres must be handed back after Saturday Qualifying, failure to do so will result in the driver being disqualified.

Failure to use the control set(s) of tyres will result in instant disqualification from the event.

540 hand out motor

Each driver in 540 will receive a handout motor to use for the event, the motor must be used in all races, failure to use the correct motor will result in instant disqualification.

It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that none of the scrutineering marks are removed or damaged from the motor, failure to do so will result in disqualification.

It is the drivers responsibility to ensure proper gearing of the motor, If you damage the motor you not get a replacement.

All motors must be handed back after the last round of qualifying on Saturday, failure to do so will result in the driver being disqualified.

Motors will be checked during the race meeting, any drivers who have been found to have tampered with the motors will be disqualified.

Hope this can clear a few things up.

We would hate to see people show up uninformed..

Cheers
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bob. Sorry man, didn't mean to sound like i was having a go at ya. I am not going to lie to you, i only partialy understand your issue with the wording. Hopefully this may explain it, if not i will get rid of this post and give up trying . Take off 27's are the only compound rubber that will be used in touring car classes. If you are runing modified, 19 turn or stock then you have to purchase the control tyre from the club. The control tyre being take off 27's with medium insert mounted on a take off rim. If you are runing 540 then you have a choice. If you purchase tyres from the club then you will get take off 27's with the medium insert mounted on a take off rim. If you purchase them before you arrive at the titles then you can use any rim you wish, any insert you wish as long as the tyres you provide are take off 27's. When you arrive to be scrutineered on saturday morning then all tyres will be checked and marked before the event starts. If you bring more than one set of tyres to the event you must present both sets to be marked and checked, you will then have to leave the second set in a sealed bag with the scrutineers for the duration of the event.

I really hope that that all makes sense and is crystal clear.

Sorry for any confusion.

Cheekydevil - We recently had a 100 lap enduro just before christmas. Was pretty hot and i ran take off 27's for the whole 100 laps (they were used before this event) and never had a problem with them graining or blistering or any other probs.

Hope that answers that.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks Wally

Thanks for that, i am not a smart arse, just didnt want to come from Sydney and not be on a level playing field, it is hard enough as it is for a Pensioner (nearly) so i just wanted to make sure about it.
If you read YOUR last post it is all clear, just the entry form was a bit funny in the way it stated about 540 Pro tyres and definitions. Like i said, clear up now and save the day for racing, not hearings and protests.
Thanks again, see you there, by the way, is there a caravan park or similar near the track
Thanks AUSSIE BOB
Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Cheekydevil, takeoff 27's were used at the 2004 IFMAR worlds in Florida (38 degrees +) without any problems to most drivers (except mongs like me) so this time of year should not be an issue. Just get the setup of your car right.
You should have seen the tyres and problems that were run in Thailand (40+ degrees) a couple of weeks ago.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BOB. Glad to get that all sorted mate and we look forward to having you here. Some accomodation is on the last form of the entry sheet. By memory one is a caravan park and two are motels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.