Search

2007 VORTEC Electric State Titles

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tyres means tyres, wheels and inserts

The contract to race, that is Entry Form states 540 Pro - "Take off 27's"
The rules also state "The word tyre in this context refers to tyre, insert and rim combination"
Then at the start where the entry (Contract) is filled out by person entering the race it states para 2 "Take Off 27's supplied by the competitors these tyres will be marked......etc"
If all this is taken into account, 540 Pro will receive the rubber tyres, the inserts and the rims for $42 as per highlighted area of form "Cost of tyres (...see above definetion...) requested above (ie:number of sets * $42)
That means, $42 for a tyre, insert and rim X 4 for $42 as per entry contract, then they are marked, if this is not the case, could somebody from the club either change the entry form or confirm the above
AUSSIE BOB
Old 03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

"The word tyre in this context refers to tyre, insert and rim combination" refers only to the classes that are using the specified/supplied items supplied by the club for those classes. 540 Pro does NOT have to use a control combo so this does not apply to them.
If a 540 Pro competitor wishes to buy tyres/rims off the club that is fine, but they do not have to do so. They are free to buy use any combination of rims and inserts that they want provided that the tyres are TO 27's.

You read a bit much into it Bob...
Old 03-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tyres

Tony, that been the case, the wording needs to be changed ASAP as it states on the main entry form line 2 "540 Pro.........these tyres will be marked....."
You cant have it state one thing for one class and MEAN another for another class. The way it is NOW, i expect 4 tyres, rims and inserts as that is what it states for $42, as in your definition 540 Pro $42 buys tyres ONLY and in the other classes $42 buys the lot, i have to be right !!!!!!!!!!! or I will go stock
AUSSIE BOB, Narrabri Land Council attendee
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bob you're still not getting it.

In 540 Pro you have a CHOICE...

Yes you can opt to buy and run the $42 complete combo from the club, tyres, inserts, and rims. OR...you can choose to bring your own TO 27's, mount them on whatever rims you like, with whatever inserts you like, and have them marked by the club scrutineers and run those... Either way the two sets of tyres (which means tyres/inserts/rims as per our definition) will be marked, and those are the ones that you can use for the event.

If you pay the $42, just like everyone else, you get the lot, but you don't have to do that, it's your choice. That's the only real difference between the tyre situation in 540 Pro and the other classes.

Last edited by tony gray; 03-02-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OldSkool
On the entry the "19 turn demo" class has the motors as a 19t and a novak 5800, shouldn't it be a 4300?

Just checking

Thanks
Entry form is correct, 5800 motor is correct, TFTR run it and it's very close performance wise.

Tony

Last edited by defMondo; 03-02-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

i remember turtle, i wish i had more hands, so i could give his titties four thumbs down....
Old 03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....OR....

Thanks Tony, you seem to be the only one that will say something, i hope you are the President or some other position.
Getting back to it but --------- in the entry form and terms there is only ONE "or" and that refers to no mods to rims, tyres OR inserts, like i said, can somebody running the shop please respond.
Thanks in advance to that person as i hope this is sorted out before the race
AUSSIE BOB
Old 03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bob,

If you're running 540pro (which i assume you are) you can use tires/rims/inserts that YOU supply. The actual rubber must be Take Off 27's, but you can use any rim/ insert combination that you like.

You can have a maximum of 2(TWO) sets and both will be marked by the scrutineering team.

If you choose NOT to supply your own, you can buy a set of tires/rims/inserts for $42 (or you can buy 2 sets for $84) from the club.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defMondo
Entry form is correct, 5800 motor is correct, TFTR run it and it's very close performance wise.

Tony

Thanks Tony

Cheers
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

NT, thanks for that, now to make the "C to E Final" and use the tyres to the best i can get out of them
AUSSIE BOB
PS, just didnt want anyone putting up a protest fee if they see spoke dayglow yellow wheels going around, around, around......
Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Use those spoked wheels that I showed you Aussie Bob. By far they are the best handling and most stable wheels on the market for 540.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you were to read the entire entrant form you would al see the tyre specs. Second line underneath the classes and frequency information.

Sorry if we are a bit slow getting back to any questions. Thanks to tony for popping in and getting it sorted as well.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

I think I might come down and give your track a go, it looks good

Should be a great weekend
Old 03-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TC4 Wally

Hey Wally, i know that is what it states, but the definition is what i am on about as to ---- TYRES means all, ------ it also states tires can be purchased with entry and 2 sets will be "????? aloud ??????" it all gets back the definition and in this case, there is one in the entry form and there now appears to be another floating around on here, if anyone else agrees, come on, say so and dont just sit there and let me cop all the flack.
Thanks BOB
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
Hey Wally, i know that is what it states, but the definition is what i am on about as to ---- TYRES means all, ------ it also states tires can be purchased with entry and 2 sets will be "????? aloud ??????" it all gets back the definition and in this case, there is one in the entry form and there now appears to be another floating around on here, if anyone else agrees, come on, say so and dont just sit there and let me cop all the flack.
Thanks BOB
I so wish I could understand what you typed there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.