Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

St Ives RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Remainder. I have the Hi def ones if ppl want them. Just PM me with your buggy colour and email.
Attached Thumbnails St Ives RC Club-_o2a0086.jpg   St Ives RC Club-_o2a0089.jpg   St Ives RC Club-_o2a0101.jpg   St Ives RC Club-_o2a0115.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to come and join you again for race meeting. The first half of this year has been a bit tough with other stuff going on with work and the kids.

Good news is that I've just completed my daughter's car and she would really like to give novice a go!

Looks like mid motor 2wd's are starting to be the trend. Anyone thoughts on that? Just looking at whether I'll up grade my 201 with a new chassis and mid motor conversion?
Well I'll put my 2 cents in,

Mid motor is the best option for stock period (motor position vers gear ratio).

Mid motor in mod I think you need a second car. The mm likes good rear tires so not the best for cheap club racing. They also need high grip surface as they don't generate that much intial turn in, but have good exit steering. The rm excels in the low grip condition as it generates more initial turn, then is stable powering out of the corner. Some layouts will just favor rm even in high grip conditions (hair pins + long straights). But then in conditions when mm is working its an advantage.

I'm expecting st Ives to be mm track this weekend at the cc.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Any work been done to make the 2 jumps where the table top used to be more buggy friendly?
Can u explain what is wrong with it and how u want it fixed
Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If any St. Ives members go to the shed could they please remove the carton of milk from the fridge, thankyou.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old racer
If any St. Ives members go to the shed could they please remove the carton of milk from the fridge, thankyou.
I'll ask mark to do it I no he is going their today after work to get rid of any puddles of water
Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom87
Well I'll put my 2 cents in,

Mid motor is the best option for stock period (motor position vers gear ratio).

Mid motor in mod I think you need a second car. The mm likes good rear tires so not the best for cheap club racing. They also need high grip surface as they don't generate that much intial turn in, but have good exit steering. The rm excels in the low grip condition as it generates more initial turn, then is stable powering out of the corner. Some layouts will just favor rm even in high grip conditions (hair pins + long straights). But then in conditions when mm is working its an advantage.

I'm expecting st Ives to be mm track this weekend at the cc.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. My plan was to build up a second car as a mid motor and keep my original 201 as rear motor. We'll see if we can get to a club meeting in September. However, I note Castle Hill is running the state titles and vintage meet in Sept. Will they affect ST Ives meetings?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
Can u explain what is wrong with it and how u want it fixed
I think moving the second jump back about half a foot to a foot closer to the first jump. This would provide a more racer friendly set of jumps for both 4WD and 2WD stock.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dadaman
I think moving the second jump back about half a foot to a foot closer to the first jump. This would provide a more racer friendly set of jumps for both 4WD and 2WD stock.
That will make it to easy
Old 08-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

That's the way to go, with two cars the same make you can run 2 sets of shocks for different conditions, share wheels, basically don't need spares etc. I've been changing between rm and mm on the kyosho but think I will bite the bullet and pick up the second car.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

When's the sugar going down jimmy? Are you going to the track tomorrow?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tom87
When's the sugar going down jimmy? Are you going to the track tomorrow?
To late for sugar tracks to wet will not dry in time for Sunday going to try and get their in the afternoon to c how the track is mark was their today sweeping the puddles off the track and said that it was really soft under foot
Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

The last time I raced at snives,,the jumps were good for stock as long as you had a clean line,,
Looking forward to sunday,,,I'm sure Jimmy and Mark will have the track in perfect condition,,,
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
The last time I raced at snives,,the jumps were good for stock as long as you had a clean line,,
Looking forward to sunday,,,I'm sure Jimmy and Mark will have the track in perfect condition,,,
+1..... cant wait
Old 08-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Arrow

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
I'll ask mark to do it I no he is going their today after work to get rid of any puddles of water
Thanks for that Jim, I forgot to take it home last meet and it would be off by now.

The only problem with that double jump was a small hole developing in the middle of the up ramp. It should be easy to patch up.

Weather forcast is looking really good for this weekend and the track should be in perfect condition.

See you Sunday.

Waz.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey guys, dont mean to hijack you thread...

Anyone here looking for some part time work? We have a part time opening at HEI Warehouse. Looking for someone to pick, pack, unload orders etc. 2 days a week (Wednesday and Thursday is perfect).

Shoot me an email if you are interested [email protected]

...Ari

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.