Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
has anyone tried a less aggressive tire like AKA wishbones? This track has great traction when its damp, I think I'm going to try some.
I have...but I've finished outside the top 3 a couple times in my life, so I'd ask a pro...such as the one who works 5 days a week in my shop.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i know im about to get flammed by a couple nitro guys here

i know there has been 1 or 2 electric buggys out. Kenny do you by chance know if they are out weekly??? 2 more guys are getting 1/8 E buggys and ive always thrown around the idea, plus NC had an electric class so i can race it in there too : ) I believe you want 4 to make a class??
Darrel has one and mine is in the mail. I've also talked to 2 other people that haven't used them cuz nobody else was. Im sure we can get enough peeps for a class soon. Otherwise just run a 20 min main with the nitros.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocktechRC
Darrel has one and mine is in the mail. I've also talked to 2 other people that haven't used them cuz nobody else was. Im sure we can get enough peeps for a class soon. Otherwise just run a 20 min main with the nitros.
well Jeff and Chance just got one. I just ordered mine. so theres 9 right there. I am 2-3 weeks out tho
Old 07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZHobbies
I have...but I've finished outside the top 3 a couple times in my life, so I'd ask a pro...such as the one who works 5 days a week in my shop.
LMAO Being a 50% Sponsored driver by NO MEANS makes you a PRO!!!!!!!! Just means you now can only run their stuff, and they have you locked in for a year.

I am done with this Pointless conversation.

Bottom line if you want to finish 5th run what the guy in 5th is running if you want to try winning run what the guy that keeps winning is running.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vareck
LMAO Being a 50% Sponsored driver by NO MEANS makes you a PRO!!!!!!!! Just means you now can only run their stuff, and they have you locked in for a year.

I am done with this Pointless conversation.

Bottom line if you want to finish 5th run what the guy in 5th is running if you want to try winning run what the guy that keeps winning is running.
Keep hating Vareck...I'm also done with the pointless conversations here. We'll see what's what at the NC...I'll be running nitro truggy.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AZHobbies
Keep hating Vareck...I'm also done with the pointless conversations here. We'll see what's what at the NC...I'll be running nitro truggy.
Right on!!!! So you get to run in Old Man Class well good Ill be the Old Guy WHIPPIN your A_ _ Its not hating You dont have enough experience yet for me to do that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vareck
Right on!!!! So you get to run in Old Man Class
Not sure I will qualify, but maybe I can sneak in. Should be a good time either way.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If I ran 4wd SCT I would run AKA Wishbones. I've been running gridirons on my 2wd SCT for club racing because that's all I have, but in last years KBRL at FF I ran wishbones and won by over a lap. Now that being said, I wouldn't recommend wishbones for everyone as they are pretty loose outside the groove. I would, however, recommend AKA Gridirons for EVERYONE. They work great in the groove and in the fluff, and last a long time there.

For 2wd SCT:

Front - AKA Gridiron (SOFT)
Rear - AKA Gridiron (Super Soft)

For 4wd SCT:

AKA Gridiron (Soft) (safe tire, works great, lasts a long time)
-or-
AKA Wishbones (Super Soft) (faster lap times but on the "loose" side)

I've tried quite a few Proline SCT tires and I'm just not a fan. They don't fit the rims as well (harder to glue up), the compound wears faster, and the narrower carcass isn't the right fit for our hard packed AZ tracks (and their wide tires are too wide).

Now all of that being said, the traction at Fear Farm is so high there is a long list of tires that people will like because they all have good traction. So run what works for you. Except for JC Subcultures, don't run those. Right Todd? lol
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker
If I ran 4wd SCT I would run AKA Wishbones. I've been running gridirons on my 2wd SCT for club racing because that's all I have, but in last years KBRL at FF I ran wishbones and won by over a lap. Now that being said, I wouldn't recommend wishbones for everyone as they are pretty loose outside the groove. I would, however, recommend AKA Gridirons for EVERYONE. They work great in the groove and in the fluff, and last a long time there.

For 2wd SCT:

Front - AKA Gridiron (SOFT)
Rear - AKA Gridiron (Super Soft)

For 4wd SCT:

AKA Gridiron (Soft) (safe tire, works great, lasts a long time)
-or-
AKA Wishbones (Super Soft) (faster lap times but on the "loose" side)

I've tried quite a few Proline SCT tires and I'm just not a fan. They don't fit the rims as well (harder to glue up), the compound wears faster, and the narrower carcass isn't the right fit for our hard packed AZ tracks (and their wide tires are too wide).

Now all of that being said, the traction at Fear Farm is so high there is a long list of tires that people will like because they all have good traction. So run what works for you. Except for JC Subcultures, don't run those. Right Todd? lol
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.
Now that's funny right there..
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Now that's funny right there..
+1000000
Old 07-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nta01
Tom you are!!!!!!!! You are the Only Guy i know that owns a FLEET of RC Cars!!!!! Or lets say a RC BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i really am eager to run my 1/8th e-buggy at fear farm probably only on saturdays though. just let me know in a p.m. if you want to have one more run with you guys. just one warning though, i am far from pro
Old 07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowbudget1
just one warning though, i am far from pro
I can vouch for him! Lol. My buggy is gonna take a few weeks or so to get up and running as well. Damn those expensive electronics! Lol
Old 07-31-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Two Rain Delays but we got the program finished!

As always, it was good to see everyone! Thanks to those that keep the facility running!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (50.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (53.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.