Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
  #3061  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz View Post
has anyone tried a less aggressive tire like AKA wishbones? This track has great traction when its damp, I think I'm going to try some.
I have...but I've finished outside the top 3 a couple times in my life, so I'd ask a pro...such as the one who works 5 days a week in my shop.
AZHobbies is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM
  #3062  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 855
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i know im about to get flammed by a couple nitro guys here



i know there has been 1 or 2 electric buggys out. Kenny do you by chance know if they are out weekly??? 2 more guys are getting 1/8 E buggys and ive always thrown around the idea, plus NC had an electric class so i can race it in there too : ) I believe you want 4 to make a class??
Darrel has one and mine is in the mail. I've also talked to 2 other people that haven't used them cuz nobody else was. Im sure we can get enough peeps for a class soon. Otherwise just run a 20 min main with the nitros.
RocktechRC is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM
  #3063  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RocktechRC View Post
Darrel has one and mine is in the mail. I've also talked to 2 other people that haven't used them cuz nobody else was. Im sure we can get enough peeps for a class soon. Otherwise just run a 20 min main with the nitros.
well Jeff and Chance just got one. I just ordered mine. so theres 9 right there. I am 2-3 weeks out tho
losi_racer is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
  #3064  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
I have...but I've finished outside the top 3 a couple times in my life, so I'd ask a pro...such as the one who works 5 days a week in my shop.
LMAO Being a 50% Sponsored driver by NO MEANS makes you a PRO!!!!!!!! Just means you now can only run their stuff, and they have you locked in for a year.

I am done with this Pointless conversation.

Bottom line if you want to finish 5th run what the guy in 5th is running if you want to try winning run what the guy that keeps winning is running.
Vareck is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
  #3065  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
LMAO Being a 50% Sponsored driver by NO MEANS makes you a PRO!!!!!!!! Just means you now can only run their stuff, and they have you locked in for a year.

I am done with this Pointless conversation.

Bottom line if you want to finish 5th run what the guy in 5th is running if you want to try winning run what the guy that keeps winning is running.
Keep hating Vareck...I'm also done with the pointless conversations here. We'll see what's what at the NC...I'll be running nitro truggy.
AZHobbies is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  #3066  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
Keep hating Vareck...I'm also done with the pointless conversations here. We'll see what's what at the NC...I'll be running nitro truggy.
Right on!!!! So you get to run in Old Man Class well good Ill be the Old Guy WHIPPIN your A_ _ Its not hating You dont have enough experience yet for me to do that!!!!!!!!!!
Vareck is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 PM
  #3067  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 152
Default

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
Right on!!!! So you get to run in Old Man Class
Not sure I will qualify, but maybe I can sneak in. Should be a good time either way.
AZHobbies is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM
  #3068  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

If I ran 4wd SCT I would run AKA Wishbones. I've been running gridirons on my 2wd SCT for club racing because that's all I have, but in last years KBRL at FF I ran wishbones and won by over a lap. Now that being said, I wouldn't recommend wishbones for everyone as they are pretty loose outside the groove. I would, however, recommend AKA Gridirons for EVERYONE. They work great in the groove and in the fluff, and last a long time there.

For 2wd SCT:

Front - AKA Gridiron (SOFT)
Rear - AKA Gridiron (Super Soft)

For 4wd SCT:

AKA Gridiron (Soft) (safe tire, works great, lasts a long time)
-or-
AKA Wishbones (Super Soft) (faster lap times but on the "loose" side)


I've tried quite a few Proline SCT tires and I'm just not a fan. They don't fit the rims as well (harder to glue up), the compound wears faster, and the narrower carcass isn't the right fit for our hard packed AZ tracks (and their wide tires are too wide).

Now all of that being said, the traction at Fear Farm is so high there is a long list of tires that people will like because they all have good traction. So run what works for you. Except for JC Subcultures, don't run those. Right Todd? lol
Shocker is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
  #3069  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
nta01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
If I ran 4wd SCT I would run AKA Wishbones. I've been running gridirons on my 2wd SCT for club racing because that's all I have, but in last years KBRL at FF I ran wishbones and won by over a lap. Now that being said, I wouldn't recommend wishbones for everyone as they are pretty loose outside the groove. I would, however, recommend AKA Gridirons for EVERYONE. They work great in the groove and in the fluff, and last a long time there.

For 2wd SCT:

Front - AKA Gridiron (SOFT)
Rear - AKA Gridiron (Super Soft)

For 4wd SCT:

AKA Gridiron (Soft) (safe tire, works great, lasts a long time)
-or-
AKA Wishbones (Super Soft) (faster lap times but on the "loose" side)


I've tried quite a few Proline SCT tires and I'm just not a fan. They don't fit the rims as well (harder to glue up), the compound wears faster, and the narrower carcass isn't the right fit for our hard packed AZ tracks (and their wide tires are too wide).

Now all of that being said, the traction at Fear Farm is so high there is a long list of tires that people will like because they all have good traction. So run what works for you. Except for JC Subcultures, don't run those. Right Todd? lol
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.
nta01 is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM
  #3070  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.
Now that's funny right there..
BigNasty is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
  #3071  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
ehames005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
Now that's funny right there..
+1000000
ehames005 is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 03:52 PM
  #3072  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.
Tom you are!!!!!!!! You are the Only Guy i know that owns a FLEET of RC Cars!!!!! Or lets say a RC BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vareck is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
  #3073  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
lowbudget1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A.J.
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i really am eager to run my 1/8th e-buggy at fear farm probably only on saturdays though. just let me know in a p.m. if you want to have one more run with you guys. just one warning though, i am far from pro
lowbudget1 is offline  
Old 07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
  #3074  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 855
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowbudget1 View Post
just one warning though, i am far from pro
I can vouch for him! Lol. My buggy is gonna take a few weeks or so to get up and running as well. Damn those expensive electronics! Lol
RocktechRC is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 02:33 AM
  #3075  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,749
Default Two Rain Delays but we got the program finished!

As always, it was good to see everyone! Thanks to those that keep the facility running!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (50.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (53.5 KB, 70 views)
Dbackmasta is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.