Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCRAFAN
Sugar?
Yeah Mike....think Albuquerque, lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Matt, yeah was just what i was thinking like the old tumbleweed days....goodbye tyres!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCRAFAN
Hey Matt, yeah was just what i was thinking like the old tumbleweed days....goodbye tyres!
Helllloooo wheelies!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewb123
It looks like the cactus classic event is full on rcsignup. Glad I got my name on that list and didn't wait until the last minute. Anyway, I am wondering if someone from SRS can comment. There is a vastly unequal distribution of racers, i.e., some classes have 50+ entries while some have 25 or less (SC 4WD has 13). It appears a lot of the SC classes are hurting. I am actually glad SC has died down in popularity, but it does seem a little funny to me that an event such as cactus, with all of its prestige, would have a class with only 13 entries. Anyway, will signups reopen for late registration, or are the classes set?
Also, will the addition of sugar to the track make for a different selection of tire compound? Or will what has worked in prior years still be the best choice? I am sure this one has already been answered, but as I am posting from my phone, I really don't want to search through the thread. Thanks.
Vodka post, the devil made me do it.

Last edited by Lance Tanner; 03-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewb123
It looks like the cactus classic event is full on rcsignup. Glad I got my name on that list and didn't wait until the last minute. Anyway, I am wondering if someone from SRS can comment. There is a vastly unequal distribution of racers, i.e., some classes have 50+ entries while some have 25 or less (SC 4WD has 13). It appears a lot of the SC classes are hurting. I am actually glad SC has died down in popularity, but it does seem a little funny to me that an event such as cactus, with all of its prestige, would have a class with only 13 entries. Anyway, will signups reopen for late registration, or are the classes set?
Also, will the addition of sugar to the track make for a different selection of tire compound? Or will what has worked in prior years still be the best choice? I am sure this one has already been answered, but as I am posting from my phone, I really don't want to search through the thread. Thanks.
I will do my best to help you. I dont know how they will handle the classes with 20 or less entries. I would suggest that you simply call the shop and ask your question. None of the SRS guys get on this forum much anymore for whatever reason, but if you have a pressing question and you call the shop, they will answer it for you.

I have also never run 4wd SC so I cant be of any help there either, but my guess is that if you call the shop and talk to Mike Beaver, Ricky Gaynor, Ryan Appleberry, Thomas, etc... In other words, I appreciate that you have questions, but this is not the official SRS forum, on the contrary, so you might not get an official response. There are other racers that could chime in, but that's their choice and I respect that. I think the best solution for anyone coming out next week who needs answers is to simply pick up a phone, call the shop and talk to one of the guys. May not be the 21'st century way of doing things, but it will get the job done.

Like I said; the guys from SRS dont post on here much anymore, but I think that's because they've been doing a lot of things to make Cactus better like building an awesome track, repairing the parking lot, bringing in pit tables (you know, for out of town guys) building up some permanent shade structures, removing the dirt oval to add more pit spaces... Hell I even saw Perry Maifield out there in the sun with a shovel and a bucket on Monday, working his butt off to help make this years Cactus great.

I respect and appreciate ALL of the track owners here in Arizona. It's not an easy job. You cant please everyone. One thing I'm pretty confident in is that this years Cactus will be a fun and competitive event. If you get there and find yourself lost, come over to the Team C pit or the Losi pit or the AE pit, Kyosho, etc... or pretty much to any of the local privateer's pit's, because there are great guys in all of those groups and we will all be happy to give you help in any way we can.

Seriously, come see me, I'll be the guy driving badly but making up for it with great photos in between races.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can anyone that posts on here that knows Perry Maifield ask him to give Tony Nesbitt a call please. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I tried calling yesterday but no one answered. Are we racing today?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Mmmhmmm tonight, racing we are, wet track it shall be, ON it is!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

FWIW, I talked to the guys at SRS for about 20 mins last month and they said they WOULD open up late registration to more balance out the classes if needed. Their limit of entries was a soft limit and they'd make adjustments as needed to balance things out.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
Thanks for the update Burt. I loves me some wet track racing!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedlyneTheory
Thanks for the update Burt. I loves me some wet track racing!
x2
Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
That's another sweet pic of Houps, take that at DNC as well?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Can someone please pass word along that I will NOT be able race Cactus due to travel next week. I'm registered for 17.5 buggy and 13.5 Shortcourse and would like someone on the waiting list to get good news early so they can prepare. Good luck to everyone!!
Lance
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what's the setup on a sc10 with big bores front and rear...... piston, oil, spring on wet track all associated parts
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Track looks and drives great. Unfortunately I could not make my main last night. Something on the back straight got me and I broke. Not to mention I probably would have fallen asleep on the drivers stand

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.