Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Gilbert, Queen creek, Awatukee. I can think of quite a few guys who switched to onroad when Glitch closed.
Are any of them fast?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by testcrashdummy
Anyone care to ballpark how many dedicated, east valley racers there currently are who will now have to make the trip to the west side?

I would think folks from Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale would all be included.
true, just keep hoping for an indoor east valley track, even an outdoor one will be great! but until then, not too too much racing in my future
Old 10-31-2013, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Electric guys don't want Nitro 1/8 scales on their track period. I would bet allot more people would not show up if it was combined and if it was electric 3-4 day event there would be no time for Nitro. You electric guys are about to have 2 world class facilities on the west side. Us Nitro guys have nothing so from our standpoint a 1 day event is better than a none day event. Hell I got a 2wd buggy just cause I don't want to give up racing.
Look I'm glad there is a race. But there was never a problem when Keoni owned the track and we ran both. 8th racing doesn't tear up the track...8th scale bashing does. In 2008, we had nitro and electric at the state's and it was 3days and trophies for 1-3rd in every main. I got 1st in nitro buggy D main. There was an E main. My first big race and i still have the trophy. Nicest one i own, as a matter of fact. The biggest gripe I've ever heard is electric guys not wanting us tuning in the pits, i understand that. If you aren't used to that it can be unnerving. Btw that was before sugar, ran dry like cactus and the racing was good for all classes. The 8th scale laid down a big blue groove and the 10Th scale racers benefited from it.
But like i said, I'll take what we got
Old 10-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Electric guys don't want Nitro 1/8 scales on their track period. I would bet allot more people would not show up if it was combined and if it was electric 3-4 day event there would be no time for Nitro. You electric guys are about to have 2 world class facilities on the west side. Us Nitro guys have nothing so from our standpoint a 1 day event is better than a none day event. Hell I got a 2wd buggy just cause I don't want to give up racing.
We did the same thing. My son and I had to buy a 2wd buggy just so we could race and get some track time.

As it stands now we are only allowed to race nitro 1 day a week and we are not allowed any practice during the week. So our practice time is race day. At the end of the day we are thankful that we a least get to run our non eco friendly rides that got us started in this hobby.

Not complaining just passionate about what got us started in the father son bonding time.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have never raced 1/8 but I am considering skipping the 1/10-states race and just run in the 1/8-states race. I just wish SRS would have allowed 1/8 all along. To be fair, I wish Adam would have allowed it b/c I know Keoni did. Maybe we'll have a good 1/8 turn out and would start a new class at the future SRS home (at least e-buggy since it's darn near the same as 4wd sc).
Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by testcrashdummy
Anyone care to ballpark how many dedicated, east valley racers there currently are who will now have to make the trip to the west side?

I would think folks from Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale would all be included.
We spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on this hobby and complain about spending $40 in gas to get to a track, where is the logic in that?

I read different threads and there are areas that people travel 200 miles to get to their nearest track. We have all been spoiled by having tracks within 20 miles from most places in the valley. This is changing but I am sure it will be temporary, give it time and there will be another/more east valley tracks until then enjoy what we have.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
We spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on this hobby and complain about spending $40 in gas to get to a track, where is the logic in that?

I read different threads and there are areas that people travel 200 miles to get to their nearest track. We have all been spoiled by having tracks within 20 miles from most places in the valley. This is changing but I am sure it will be temporary, give it time and there will be another/more east valley tracks until then enjoy what we have.

I'm definitely not complaining and will support both tracks on the west side - just trying to get an idea of how big the east valley RC market is.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even being a One Day Event I am Very GLAD that SRS is having a Nitro Race for the Final race at SRS!!!! Thanks Adam and Ricky!!!! What a few people are forgetting is that Hobbytown/SRS is NOT going away just moving to a GREAT Indoor Facility. To do this requires more time and money then most of you guys realize, I think once everything is said and done ALL parties will be happy!!! Except for US Gasholes, that wont have a reliable track to race at! Losi Mini 8ight here I come!! The New Clay will be some of the best dirt you will ever get to race on!!! So NO SUGAR means longer tire life and NO Sauce means longer foam life as well!!! Really excited about the new Clay and Track. In the meantime the AZ States race gets cut down a day but I feel that it will Still be a Great time So let's race some "TOY CARS" and have some fun with our fellow racers and send SRS out with a BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

In a very cool turn of events a racer has stepped up and offered his time and equipment to give the community and new layout for the State champs.

Super big thank you to Josh Foster of Glitch RC!

New layout will be going in the weekend of 15-16th.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

What a kind chap.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint

good point!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Are novice and pro lite classes 17.5 or 13.5?
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky G
In a very cool turn of events a racer has stepped up and offered his time and equipment to give the community and new layout for the State champs.

Super big thank you to Josh Foster of Glitch RC!

New layout will be going in the weekend of 15-16th.
Do you still plan on dumping grape drink on the track or is that being left at Lolo's?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher
Do you still plan on dumping grape drink on the track or is that being left at Lolo's?
I vote for Lolo's. After SRS moves, will there be another race in this state that will sugar the track?
Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i vote no sugar on new layout, but my 3.0 will be there either way!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.