Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
I love racing at SRS. It's fun and competitive plain and simple. It was the first track I raced at a year ago when I got into this hobby. Ricky Gaynor, Mike Beaver, Thomas, Ryan and the rest of the staff have been nothing but friendly and above and beyond helpful to me from day 1. I've had good days and bad days there but overall the track is fun and top notch as are most of the tracks here in the valley. Theres not a single track in Metro phx that I would tell someone; "Dont go there!"

Not saying anyone is wrong or right. That's just my experience at SRS, so I thought I would share it, since everyone who has any kind of complaint seems to air it online, I will air my positive ones.

For those that haven't had good experiences, come out to SRS tomorrow and race Round 1 of the Saturday series. Come see me and I promise I'll be nice and do whatever I can to help you out. If nothing else you can take solace in the fact that 25% of your entry fees went to the Wounded Warrior foundation.

We're havin fun here guys. Making friends, getting better at driving. Lets not lose sight of that. If anyone needs a hug, come see me.
+1
Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

we are talking about the family vibe here and this track is just what you think of when you hear scottsdale....... do i dare say it but you know the word everyone thinking! We are talking about the half ass help you get when inside the store looking for parts. Ive been to every track in az in the last to years. ryan will help mike will to but the rest you pretty much have to catch them on a good day.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 AM
LTD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We're havin fun here guys. Making friends, getting better at driving. Lets not lose sight of that. If anyone needs a hug, come see me.[/QUOTE]

See you in a few hours..
Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Sorry guys - didn't mean to start flaming up the joint. Back on topic to how a great series for a great cause starts today. Good luck to all who are racing today - keep the rubber side down and pull trigger!

JP
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't race regularly at SRS, though I've been there many times. I can say each time I've been there, and the last was at the KBRL a couple weeks back, the staff has been helpful and at least on par with other shops.

As for swearing, it's interesting this thread came up this morning. About 2 hours ago a friend of mine from out of town (originally from Chicago) told me he was coming to town in March for a spring training game where the Cubs were playing and asked me if I wanted to go. I said yes, but asked if he would mind if I brought my 9 year old. He said as long as I didn't mind a lot of swearing since he's flying down with all his old college buddies from Chicago. I told him that I've gotten numb to swearing around my son since we race toy cars twice a week at the track. What I'm getting at is, it's just the nature of the beast. All types of racing has a large amount of those that curse like sailors. I'm sure we can theorize as to why this is, but it's a fact of life. I've been involved in fullscale offroad racing for a number of years, and it's the same there.

Now I know just because it is what it is doesn't make it right but my point is there isn't an epidemic of swearing, or maybe it would be better to say there disproportionate amount of swearing at SRS compared to other places. This isn't an excuse not to *try* to make it more kid friendly, but just realize you'll likely not get rid of it completely. As a parent, you just gotta set the rules of what's wrong and right. My son in the beginning would have his eyes light up when he heard it... now he just ignores it as he knows it's not acceptable for him to repeat.

As for the bathrooms, I think they're at least as clean as other places. The bathrooms are a distance away from the (new location) retail part of the business. Yeah, you can always make improvements here... but again, we're not talking about a restroom at Pottery Barn. We're talking about restrooms that serve a bunch of (mostly) guys that play with toy cars. Many are slobs and to be honest, I'm just happy there are places to race that have bathrooms. Heck, I'm equally happy that places like Glitch even have port-a-potties, so any type of bathroom, even not clean, is a bonus.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Racing today

Very good track to race on, great races to watch, and super weather.

Life is good.

Thanks to the SRS folks.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:26 PM
LTD
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MartinB
Very good track to race on, great races to watch, and super weather.

Life is good.

Thanks to the SRS folks.
Well said.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just moved down to the valley from up north. Looking forward to finally being able to call SRS my home track!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LTD
Well said.
Hey John, we really dominated 2wd Mod Short Course today bro. Fun racin with you as always!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Any Tips:

Just Purchased some associated big bores for my SC10. Any set up tips or tricks i should know to give me a good starting platform to tune from ?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sanoran extract
Any Tips:

Just Purchased some associated big bores for my SC10. Any set up tips or tricks i should know to give me a good starting platform to tune from ?
Here is how I built mine:
Pistons: 1.5 Front/1.6 Rear
Oil: 35wt Front/30wt Rear
Springs: Associated Blue in Front/Associated Black in Rear

I have only been running the big bores for a few weeks, but I like how they handle out on the track so far and I have not felt the need to make any adjustments to the setup so far.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RedlyneTheory
Here is how I built mine:
Pistons: 1.5 Front/1.6 Rear
Oil: 35wt Front/30wt Rear
Springs: Associated Blue in Front/Associated Black in Rear

I have only been running the big bores for a few weeks, but I like how they handle out on the track so far and I have not felt the need to make any adjustments to the setup so far.
Awsome i appreciate it. Im using Avid springs so how many lbs are the blue and black associated springs. do you know by chance so i can try and match them as best i can ?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sanoran extract
Awsome i appreciate it. Im using Avid springs so how many lbs are the blue and black associated springs. do you know by chance so i can try and match them as best i can ?
No worries man. The rear springs are 1.90 lbs and the front are 3.60 lbs.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great time tonite. Got booted out of novice and I'm still winless! Liking that 13.5 buggy class good challenge moving up.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SRS still racing Saturday? SUpposed to rain.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.