Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
All the practice in the world wont help some people. They are just saving those people time.

Talking about me?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C-Dub
For the record it was mainly the electric guys that asked me for a seperate 1/8th electric class, the nitro guys didn't seem to care
I missed the discussion last week on separating gas and electric 8th classes. Did this ever get bottomed out? Can we take a vote or something?

I didn't really like it when it happened because it thinned out the skill levels between 2 separate classes. I'd prefer if the gas and electric 8th classes were combined. Drivers of similar skill and lap times will actually race together during the mains. It will make for a quicker race schedule also.

Electrics can get around the track faster anyways (from my experience), why did the electric guys want to separate from the gas cars?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by az00lude
Talking about me?
I said "some people". Why would you think I was talking about you?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
and as for you hatfield... if thats the attitude you think "SRS" has, than you can DEFINITELY take YOUR attitude somewhere else. i, for one, work too damn hard for people like you to come on here and run thier mouth when you club race once a month. i think im speaking for everbody else.
I thought completley flying off the handle was acceptable behavior now at SRS? Sorry. I'll drop my attitude.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:11 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by markhat250
Brad, SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun. It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back. Also, at the end of the races Brad, you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!! If you want to practice, just come at noon. Seriously man.

Better yet, if you want to go practice, have some drinks, chill, more practice, have fun, etc., why not just take your attitude somewhere else and beat it. Go to ET or the Pit, somewhere else, don't bring that whinny crap to SRS. This aint your playground, it's theirs. Did you really ask for a key?

You know I'm kidding Brad. I love you man.

"SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun."

Since I have purchased SRS I have let you practice any time YOU asked! I have let you on the track to practice 4wd,slash,1/8th more times then I can remember! Yes we run a very organized race program Wed and Sat for our off-road guys. If that not what your looking for then yes please check out the other facilities Im sure you can find a track,field or parking lot that will be accommodating. If you are looking for organized off-road racing twice a week then SRS is your place.

"It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back."

Since I purchased the store I have made more changes then all previous owners to make racing at SRS better. Rules are part of racing! I have changed rules that didn't make sense and have bent over backwards to accommodate everyones needs! We have added classes and changed the rules as necessary and have increased our racers doing so. The most resent was our racing start time on Saturdays. It didn't make sense to start at 6pm because of the heat so we changed it. People asked and it made sense so we did it! To say that we dont listen or that we dont care is bullshit! You personally have broken the rules many times by coming late and registering to race after we have sorted the heats. In ALL but ONE case my race directors have added you to the program! No problems! The ONE time you didnt get added you walked in 15min past signups closing and James said your late we closed signups 15min ago and you walked out. James looked at me and said he never asked if he could race he just walked out! If you would have asked he would have said YES! But you just walked out of the store!

Just like Jake said- if anybody else has a suggestion, an opinion, or any questions whatsoever, feel free to come see us at the shop.

"Also, at the end of the races you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!!"

We are trying to make every race day run smoothly and get people done at a reasonable time. We will allow people to practice after racing if we get done early enough. Most of the time we let people run while we close up and empty the trash cans. Its normally only 15-30min. The problem is the later start on Saturday and us getting 70-90 guys racing its nearly impossible to get done early now. There is no question that track time after racing is the best time to test! But currently we are getting done at 12:30-1am. Our point series nights are closer to 3am. as much as I would like to keep it open for practice after we get done it doesn't look like it can happen during the summer hours. ITS JUST TO LATE! We have already received noise complaints from the apartments down the road. Yes the City of Scottsdale Police have came out. I will fight them all day long about the noise ordinance in a commercial zone. But at 1-2am ....not going to happen! Im sure when we go back to winter hours we will have more time after racing.

Mark,

As a racer we are lucky to have some great facilities to race at these days. My wife and I have been to ALL of these places and I have raced at just about all of them. They have all put money, sweet, and dedication into their facilities. As a owner I know that its not easy to keep these places open. With our economy its more and more of a struggle every day! I know most of the other owners and if you think they are in it to make tons of money you are completely wrong. They are in it because they love RC. Mark if you want to bash SRS or me personally Im a big boy I can take it! But dont come looking to race at SRS and act like you did nothing. I have been more then helpful and nice to you over the past year! As far as the other places listed do the owners and racers of these facilities a favor and stay off their threads. They will be better off if you just go and race and say thank you!

Scottsdale RC Speedway- On-Road and Off-Road Weekly racing
The Nitro Pit- 1/8th Scale Off-Road Weekly racing
ET Motorsports- Scheduled Practice and Racing coming soon!
Hobby Town USA Gilbert- On-Road and Oval Weekly racing
Hobby Town USA Tucson- 1/8th Scale Off-Road Weekly racing
Competition Hobbies- "Indoor On-Road and Off-Road Weekly racing
Speed Sports- "Indoor On-Road and Oval Weekly racing
Sun Lakes Aviation- Off-Road Scheduled Racing and Fly Field
Im sure I forgot some.....Sorry...
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I cant wait till the weather cools off a bit I miss the laughs I have racing. I am glad to have an amazing place to race so close to home.

Keoni I want you to know I appreciate everything you are doing and I hope you don't let some customers get under your skin. I deal with people all day, and man there are times I want to simply tell them to go F themselves. I dont envy your position but I thank you for letting us play!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keoni - Just keep doing what you have been doing. It's been a blast racing there the past few months...

You racing your electric 1/8th scale Wed? If mine doesnt emit magic smoke before Wednesday I plan on running it....
Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

aaron i lost your number

are you in or out for JBRL?

text me tomorrow so i have your number
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
I thought completley flying off the handle was acceptable behavior now at SRS? Sorry. I'll drop my attitude.
now you bring up an important discussion here mark, i gotta hand it to ya

unacceptable behavior, or "flying off the handle" is and will never be tolerated at SRS, and i will give you a shining example about a recent incident. there were actually a couple of incidents at the track a few weeks ago, one of which i was aware and a witness to- the other was not, so was not dealt with..... or didnt have to be dealt with anyway, as the two guys cooled off and went on as normal. there was an incident in the electric 1/8th race where keoni and david josten got into eachother; the details are irrelevant. after the incident i enforced penalties according to what i saw, resulting in a suspension from racing. that penalty was, by the way, enforced until this saturday that just passed. i havent heard a whole lot about it to be honest; keoni acknowledged the penalty and accepted it.

the point is, regardless of the person, rules will be enforced. ALWAYS. as soon as you set your car on that track, all rules apply to that person. mark if something ever bothers you and makes you uncomfortable, or even you see makes somebody else uncomfortable or unsafe, take it to your nearest race director or employee. im not being sarcastic either. the only reason that penalties were not assesed to the other two guys in the other incident is 1) i didnt see it and 2) i didnt even know it happened until after the program ended that night.

ok now that thats dealt with- come out to race my friend. you are welcome with open arms as you always were. that goes for everybody else. we dont know what always happens at the track all the time. and you know the worst part? all i have to do is click on the thread to get the latest juice on what were doin wrong, or right. let us know what you like or dont like. hell, come hate on my starter kit(i started it by the way). i have two healthy ears ready for some input, negative or positive- and would love to hear every word honest. this typing thing is for the birds anyway!!!

jackie
Old 07-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
now you bring up an important discussion here mark, i gotta hand it to ya

unacceptable behavior, or "flying off the handle" is and will never be tolerated at SRS, and i will give you a shining example about a recent incident. there were actually a couple of incidents at the track a few weeks ago, one of which i was aware and a witness to- the other was not, so was not dealt with..... or didnt have to be dealt with anyway, as the two guys cooled off and went on as normal. there was an incident in the electric 1/8th race where keoni and david josten got into eachother; the details are irrelevant. after the incident i enforced penalties according to what i saw, resulting in a suspension from racing. that penalty was, by the way, enforced until this saturday that just passed. i havent heard a whole lot about it to be honest; keoni acknowledged the penalty and accepted it.

the point is, regardless of the person, rules will be enforced. ALWAYS. as soon as you set your car on that track, all rules apply to that person. mark if something ever bothers you and makes you uncomfortable, or even you see makes somebody else uncomfortable or unsafe, take it to your nearest race director or employee. im not being sarcastic either. the only reason that penalties were not assesed to the other two guys in the other incident is 1) i didnt see it and 2) i didnt even know it happened until after the program ended that night.

ok now that thats dealt with- come out to race my friend. you are welcome with open arms as you always were. that goes for everybody else. we dont know what always happens at the track all the time. and you know the worst part? all i have to do is click on the thread to get the latest juice on what were doin wrong, or right. let us know what you like or dont like. hell, come hate on my starter kit(i started it by the way). i have two healthy ears ready for some input, negative or positive- and would love to hear every word honest. this typing thing is for the birds anyway!!!

jackie
Let me tell you something...

Your posts are way too long!

Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can't we all just get along? i'll bring an acoustic guitar out on race night and we can all sing, 'Kum-ba-ya'
Old 07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Somebody pass me the popcorn..
Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
can't we all just get along? i'll bring an acoustic guitar out on race night and we can all sing, 'Kum-ba-ya'
Im all for it if you bring some girls! I'll bring the $1's.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busdriver
Im all for it if you bring some girls! I'll bring the $1's.
BUS, I jave a pocket FULL OF LAPDANCES Have you come across anything new?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'll quiet down and just race now. There are a few thing that have just bugged latley at SRS (not involving me) and I probably vented in the wrong place, and wrong way. You guys always are working your butts off to make it a nice place. I'll leave it at that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.