Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Brodie, HEADS UP. Read the post before yours!! This is no joke!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radron
Brodie, HEADS UP. Read the post before yours!! This is no joke!
It seems stupid that we cant advertise locally on this thread. Sales that occur locally through this thread should be fine, but if your paypaling/shipping that is a different story.

Its a good way to find stuff that a local racer might not otherwise bring to the track.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This is what they emailed to me.

Hi Jack,

Actually we’re really strict about only selling things in the classified part of the site. The For Sale/Trade forums. It’s unfortunate that we have to do it that way but there would be so much more spam on the site if we weren’t do diligent about it. Company’s who have taken advantage of passes we’ve given like that in the past have ruined it for the small, private sellers.

Hillary

Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, that sucks. What about posting links to posts in the for sale forums?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
Wow, that sucks. What about posting links to posts in the for sale forums?
No clue, I would guess that if its in the for sale forum a link would be okay. You might want to email one of the Mods to see.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I raced for the first time last night at SRS in the novice class. I had a blast. I broke a rear trailing arm in practice and that plagued me a bit the rest of the night. I replaced the trailing arm but did not realize a ball cup got trashed and the cvd axle was bent. The ball cup popped off on the first race but I was able to finish the second qualifier(3rd place) and the main. The bent cvd did make for some strange acceleration wobbles but no real issues once it got going. Now if I could just figure out those doubles, I either completely flew over them and nosed it or lightly went over the first one then nosed the second one.

I will definitely be back!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats awesome one-j-dub! glad to hear. if you need any help whatsoever feel free to come let us know in the shop. me, james, chris or keoni will make sure you keep havin fun!!

also want to thank everybody for comin out wednesday night. had a blast! wheelie makin me nervous as usual in truck

id also like to mention, if anybody is interested, im going to hold a little how -to on building shocks... prob this saturday or the next. shocks can be difficult at times, we all know that and id love to share some knowledge. ill keep posted on an exact date, but it will be in the next week or so... prob sat 2-3 hrs before race start time.

see everybody tom for some onroad!!!! brand new track!!

jackie
Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
thats awesome one-j-dub! glad to hear. if you need any help whatsoever feel free to come let us know in the shop. me, james, chris or keoni will make sure you keep havin fun!!

also want to thank everybody for comin out wednesday night. had a blast! wheelie makin me nervous as usual in truck

id also like to mention, if anybody is interested, im going to hold a little how -to on building shocks... prob this saturday or the next. shocks can be difficult at times, we all know that and id love to share some knowledge. ill keep posted on an exact date, but it will be in the next week or so... prob sat 2-3 hrs before race start time.

see everybody tom for some onroad!!!! brand new track!!

jackie
Sounds Cool Ill be there! Can you show us how to build a diff?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are the race times that are posted on the SRS site regarding on-road still correct?

PS - Did anyone else find it hilarious that Brodie posted all that shit for sale immediately after the heads-up to not post for sale adds here?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st
Are the race times that are posted on the SRS site regarding on-road still correct?

PS - Did anyone else find it hilarious that Brodie posted all that shit for sale immediately after the heads-up to not post for sale adds here?
yep

but then maybe we should start an "Arizona for local sales only thread" in the for sale section?? that i think should be ok, no?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

the other thread didnt get deleted because people were selling stuff in it, the mods used it as an excuse
Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st

Yes Racing Every other Friday Start time 7pm "We just raced last night"
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
Yes Racing Every other Friday Start time 7pm "We just raced last night"
MAN, I forgot to come out last night wanted to see the new track, how was it?

I am trying to get Burt and some others to get a on road car wish it would go crazy I would love to see like 10 or 14 of those things out there on the track at the same time that would be sweet.

I bet the new track is sticky and fun looks awesome to me.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

burt is sticky and fun without an on-road car
Old 07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can I plug my receiver battery into my "bind" port to power the receiver or will this cause dmg?

I looked in the manual, but could not find an answer to this.

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.