Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:35 AM
  #1891  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

i'm sticky and fun, too

i miss my touring car
BigNasty is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:29 AM
  #1892  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st
Can I plug my receiver battery into my "bind" port to power the receiver or will this cause dmg?

I looked in the manual, but could not find an answer to this.

Thanks for the help.
most receivers have a bat/bind a steering a throttle and an aux.

That being said the bind port is the same as the bat port. To bind if you have a bind port you plug the bind plug in the bind/batt port and battery in the aux port.
losi_racer is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:46 AM
  #1893  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
bradfox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SRS,Az
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

double post
bradfox2 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 AM
  #1894  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
bradfox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SRS,Az
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Is there a way that SRS can offer run time after the races are over?

I know its really late normally when races end, but Sat night is really the only time I get to run my car. After racing the track is perfect to get some real good practice and run time in. Few years back they always left the track open for a while and it was fun and good practice.

I know you have to lock the gates, but maybe you could work out something with people that want to stay later. Possibly sell memberships or something that come with a gate key and leave it to the last guy out to chain up the small gate. I don't know if that would fly with insurance/liability/etc.. but its an idea and good for some extra $ for the shop too. Or have an extra staff member stay 1hr later and tack an extra buck on to people that want to run for an extra hour. There seems to be a demand for it based on the number of people that try to run until 'track is closed' is announced, so figure out a way to profit off of it and offer it.

Or at least let the people that load up early run a pack or two while the rest of the crowd packs up. I don't really see any harm in that besides maybe there is a little more wear on the track surface.
bradfox2 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 AM
  #1895  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
bradfox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SRS,Az
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

triple post, edit is broken
bradfox2 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 AM
  #1896  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
markhat250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,051
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bradfox2
Is there a way that SRS can offer run time after the races are over?

I know its really late normally when races end, but Sat night is really the only time I get to run my car. After racing the track is perfect to get some real good practice and run time in. Few years back they always left the track open for a while and it was fun and good practice.

I know you have to lock the gates, but maybe you could work out something with people that want to stay later. Possibly sell memberships or something that come with a gate key and leave it to the last guy out to chain up the small gate. I don't know if that would fly with insurance/liability/etc.. but its an idea and good for some extra $ for the shop too. Or have an extra staff member stay 1hr later and tack an extra buck on to people that want to run for an extra hour. There seems to be a demand for it based on the number of people that try to run until 'track is closed' is announced, so figure out a way to profit off of it and offer it.

Or at least let the people that load up early run a pack or two while the rest of the crowd packs up. I don't really see any harm in that besides maybe there is a little more wear on the track surface.
Brad, SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun. It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back. Also, at the end of the races Brad, you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!! If you want to practice, just come at noon. Seriously man.

Better yet, if you want to go practice, have some drinks, chill, more practice, have fun, etc., why not just take your attitude somewhere else and beat it. Go to ET or the Pit, somewhere else, don't bring that whinny crap to SRS. This aint your playground, it's theirs. Did you really ask for a key?

You know I'm kidding Brad. I love you man.

Last edited by markhat250; 07-26-2009 at 12:03 PM.
markhat250 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 11:23 AM
  #1897  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
SpeedyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markhat250
Brad, SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun. It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back. Also, at the end of the races Brad, you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!! If you want to practice, just come at noon. Seriously man.

Better yet, if you want to go practice, have some drinks, chill, more practice, have fun, etc., why not just take your attitude somewhere else and beat it. Go to ET or the Pit, somewhere else, don't bring that whinny crap to SRS. This aint your playground, it's theirs. Did you really ask for a key?
um.... huh?
SpeedyDad is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 PM
  #1898  
Suspended
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markhat250
Brad, SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun. It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back. Also, at the end of the races Brad, you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!! If you want to practice, just come at noon. Seriously man.

Better yet, if you want to go practice, have some drinks, chill, more practice, have fun, etc., why not just take your attitude somewhere else and beat it. Go to ET or the Pit, somewhere else, don't bring that whinny crap to SRS. This aint your playground, it's theirs. Did you really ask for a key?

You know I'm kidding Brad. I love you man.
All the practice in the world wont help some people. They are just saving those people time.
RC Racer OG is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 01:05 PM
  #1899  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
bradfox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SRS,Az
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markhat250
Brad, SRS has never been a place to come practice, relax, and have fun. It's thier rules so if you don't like them, don't complain, or better yet, don't come back. Also, at the end of the races Brad, you had better pack up your crap and beat it cuz they arn't payin an employee to watch you pack up, let alone practice!! If you want to practice, just come at noon. Seriously man.

Better yet, if you want to go practice, have some drinks, chill, more practice, have fun, etc., why not just take your attitude somewhere else and beat it. Go to ET or the Pit, somewhere else, don't bring that whinny crap to SRS. This aint your playground, it's theirs. Did you really ask for a key?

You know I'm kidding Brad. I love you man.


I know your kidding,

But SRS is the closest to my place and the track I have been racing at, well, since I started racing in '02. I know the Pit stays open after racing and that is sweet! I always take advantage of that and run a while after racing there.

I'm just suggesting, since it seems that a bunch of people would like to continue to run after races end. Please take it into consideration, it used to be one the the best things to do. Yea there is practice before racing, but it is hot and the track is usually dry. After racing the track is dialed and its finally nice and cool.
bradfox2 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 01:31 PM
  #1900  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
markhat250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,051
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
All the practice in the world wont help some people. They are just saving those people time.
Nicley put.

They want all the trophy chicks to themselves apperantly. If SRS let me practice after racing was over I would have long ago been cleaning up Thayer and his sidekick Maifield. It's a frigging conspiracy.
markhat250 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM
  #1901  
Suspended
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markhat250
Nicley put.

They want all the trophy chicks to themselves apperantly. If SRS let me practice after racing was over I would have long ago been cleaning up Thayer and his sidekick Maifield. It's a frigging conspiracy.
Ugh, what the F are you smoking?
RC Racer OG is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM
  #1902  
Tech Regular
 
tofuburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 339
Default

HAHAHAHA!!!
that is all I have to say. Mark I'm sorry you feel this way.
tofuburger is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
  #1903  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
onefast8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Sarcasm - Sum guiz kan nawt reed it.
onefast8 is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
  #1904  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Jackie Thayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the 480 dog
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Brad,

im glad you brought that up and you have some great points. unfortunately, were unable to provide it for just the reasons you brought up- liability and excessive wear and tear on the track. i would love to leave the track open for practice after. heck, id join ya if i didnt have to work all day in the heat! but when the track dries and cars are run, especially 1/8th scales, it really tears the track up. obviously we wont do anything like give keys out, as that wouldnt work out(never does), and with most of us in the shop working seven days a week, its really hard to stick around for people to run after hours. it wasnt a problem when there were no gates; we didnt have a choice, just had to deal with whatever happened. but what the gates do is make sure the track stays better longer for us, and we dont have to worry about bikers, haters etc. again i apologize i couldnt let ya run after racing sat night.. sucks you couldnt make it out to race!!

and as for you hatfield... if thats the attitude you think "SRS" has, than you can DEFINITELY take YOUR attitude somewhere else. i, for one, work too damn hard for people like you to come on here and run thier mouth when you club race once a month. i think im speaking for everbody else.

if anybody else has a suggestion, an opinion, or any questions whatsoever, feel free to come see me at the track. ill either be working on the facility, or racing on it twice a week.

brad again thank you for the input. we will definitely discuss.

thanks everybody again for comin out sat!

jackie
Jackie Thayer is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 05:30 PM
  #1905  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
bradfox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SRS,Az
Posts: 752
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
,

brad again thank you for the input. we will definitely discuss.

thanks everybody again for comin out sat!

jackie


thanks for the reply. Try and work something out, I think it would be appreciated by most.
bradfox2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.