Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
addicted, crash is limited in what he can say. He can't speak to this imaginary firmware update, as he already lied about that once (atleast). He also can't speak to the other problems the Mamba Max has (i.e. mattnin's situation), as Castle has no plans to fix those, either.
He could speak about the software as all I will say it is not imaginary. When it is ready and working correctly then and only then will it be made available.

Everyone wants stuff right away whether it works or not. If you take too long to test and make something right people are pissed, bring it out to soon and it don't work people are pissed, so no matter what someone is always going to be not happy.

Just look at what Losi, Schumacher, and Associated are going thru right now with their new cars. They have all had delays of some nature and always came down to making something right before they bring it out to the public.

I just don't think people realize what it takes to design, develop, produce, and ship out to the public.

Brian
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

exactly, precision & quality takes time!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If everyone always knew what the companies are working on, then wouldn't the competition know also...kinda deafeats the point.

I have never tried to run a sensor based motor on a MM, so i have no personal experience in the matter, but i guess the reality is there are very few people who want to do this. If you want to run a sensor based motor then it would probably be smart to have a senored speedo...how many people try to run a sensorless motor on the sensored speedos? The MM is designed for sensorless motors, if you can't use the Castle motor in competition, thne pick up one of the Trinity motors that do work well with the MM speedo.

It seems to me that it is not really Castle's job to make thier speedo compatable with with the other motors, and if they can i would say it is strictly a bonus. Am i mistaken here?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Alright lets clear a couple things up.

1st: I was told not to discuss the update for the Max to run sensored motors anymore. I am just as frustrated as everyone else about this.

2nd: mattnin's situation was passed on to the other tech guys and engineers and I have had no response back at this point.

I have asked another person on here to try this out and see what kind of results he gets, but he has not had a chance to try this yet.

3rd: I really try to answer all the questions on here and if I miss yours just send me a pm and I will do my best to answer it.

I work here programming and running the SMT lines full time, have a wife and 2 kids so if I lived on the computer I would be living in the garage. So I will try to handle this better. Joe has been reall busy as well, he just bought a home so he has been buried with work here and there.

Thanks,
Old 05-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I like my Mamba Max systems. I'm very glad Castle created them. It's great that the product I bought can suddenly become better. Obviously, I want it sooner rather than later.

Crash, I feel a lot better now. I've voiced how I see it, others have as well, and you've cleared up the situation. That's solid internet communication.

-Adam
Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

I've got a BL question for you guys. Does CC make a BL system that is comparable to the 13.5 Novak BL? I really like the MM, when I can connec to it, and and want to run a BL in 19T sedan.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Joe Ford - In case you are checking the boards - You've got VM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
I've got a BL question for you guys. Does CC make a BL system that is comparable to the 13.5 Novak BL? I really like the MM, when I can connec to it, and and want to run a BL in 19T sedan.

Thanks in advance
The 4600 is the closest thing to a 19T and it is still faster. It is more like a 10 to 12 turn.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Wyd - That's what I figured. Oh well. Guess I will keep running brushed until something else comes out. Thanks

Joe - I tried what you suggested with disconnecting the battery before connecting the Castle Link cable, and it seems to have worked. I will try running the car then connecting again this weekend to be sure. Thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

gone_wheelin...glad to hear. I'm always checking the boards...18 different forums. I've been much too busy lately (bought a house, girlfriend, 12-16hrs a day at work, etc etc etc) so I haven't been able to get on the forums as much as I'd like to, but I do try to get on and surf at least 3x per week.

If any of you need help immediately, call us. Next best thing is email [email protected]

We have discussed making a lower kv motor to compete in stock class, but nothing has come of it yet (and may never).

As for the sensored software, this takes time gentleman and is very difficult. If we could snap our fingers and have it done trust me we would have. We are trying to please you by attempting to get them to work with our ESC. Your patience is appreciated.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Joe, Crash and Castle Creations - You guys are doing an awesome job I think. The fact that you are even thinking of making the MM ESC work a sensored motor is a great thing. Like someone else had already posted, it's not your responsibility to make your ESC work with a competitors motor. Maybe the competitors should work onmaking their motors sensorless.

Although It would be nice to have a stock or 19T equivilent BL motor, I do understand that there are "bigger fish to fry". For now, I have no problem cutting my comms and changing/checking brushes and springs. I know a number of oval racers here where I race would be happy if they could run the MM w/4-cells without having to do the mod mentioned earlier in this thread.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

well ran my car on the weekend with the mamba 5700 with 3200 lipos
with no problems with coging or what ever other problems ppl seem to have.
but i do have 1 problem
to much power cuz i broke my chassis in the zx-5
but its so much fun going 10 feet in the air
Old 05-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

CC: I have a 5700 system which I've used in my tourers with great success. I am about to get a Tamiya 501X and have read elsewhere that the 3 motor screws will interfere with the chassis and bulkhead. I have also read that people have dremelled these screw heads down without any problems. Any "official" word on the side-effects of dremelling these screw heads down? Is there any danger in the motor falling apart? I guess it also means you can't take the motor apart but you can't do that anyway, right?

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Vincent...yes, you will have to shave down the head of one of the screws a little. Taking the motor apart does void the warranty. The motor should be just fine if you leave the remainder of the screw intact.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Joe its Midnight.................go to bed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.