Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default mmp sudden acceleration

I saw the question asked earlier but couldn't find any info on it.

When accelerating slowly and driving around slowly with a MMP/3800 4 pole combo there is a little boost that kicks in. The vehicle jumps from lets say 1mph to 2mph. This isn't a huge amount of speed but it is annoying and sometimes troublesome. When I am going that slow it's usually because I'm navigating in tight quarters or around obstacles. I went through all the settings and didn't find anything that helped. I updated to the latest beta firmware and back to the last non beta. no luck. Any suggestions? It's gotta be something easy I'm over looking. Thanks for any help!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Mamba monster esc

Hey guys new to the forum I was wondering if any one has soldered motor wires to the inside of the cups on the mm esc, the reason I ask is this is thesecocond time in a main that one of my wires popped out. Also does it void warranty?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
I saw the question asked earlier but couldn't find any info on it.

When accelerating slowly and driving around slowly with a MMP/3800 4 pole combo there is a little boost that kicks in. The vehicle jumps from lets say 1mph to 2mph. This isn't a huge amount of speed but it is annoying and sometimes troublesome. When I am going that slow it's usually because I'm navigating in tight quarters or around obstacles. I went through all the settings and didn't find anything that helped. I updated to the latest beta firmware and back to the last non beta. no luck. Any suggestions? It's gotta be something easy I'm over looking. Thanks for any help!
I'm pretty sure that's were a sensored system comes into play with a non sensored system you get that with a sensored system all that goes away hope this helps
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slimshamis
I'm pretty sure that's were a sensored system comes into play with a non sensored system you get that with a sensored system all that goes away hope this helps
I've never run any sensored systems. My frame of reference is the Castle SCT/3800kv and SV2/3800kv/4600kv combos in my rally and touring cars. While they may not be the smoothest it is nowhere near this bad.

I did notice I had a flashing yellow light on the controller at neutral. Could either mean C.H.E.A.T. on or a problem with the controller.

I went to firmware version 1.25 beta. That stopped the light issue and toned way down the slow speed jump. I went as low as v1.24, it was the same. V1.26 is not beta and the lurch starts there as does the blinking yellow.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Chaps, can someone explain why and if it is possible and / or advisable or not to run a sensored brushless motor without the sensor-cable with my sidewinder sv2
Thx in advance
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

hi, yes its fine to use a sensored motor with sensorless esc , it just wont be as smooth at very low speed, it may seem a bit 'coggy' ,
have fun
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, i really NEED your help, i recently got a sidewinder sv2 , done about 10 runs, 3 times i have had the esc shut down and beep with a flashing yellow LED, how do i stop this happening??
i have tried 8 spektrum sr3100 receivers , 3 motors, 15.5t 8.5t 7.5t , and 3 li-po packs , still the esc does the shut down thing , its odd as i can get a full run and its fine then in the next run it does it again , very random but i do really need this fixed or replaced, also noticed that i cant seem to find the UK distributer ? anyone know who takes care of castle stuff in the UK???
thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

its ok folks, finally found the uk distributer 'logic rc' , they want it back to test and check data log , lets hope they can find me a solution or i will forever be the guy that DNF's ,thanks to castle creations for not answering any of my emails and lack of support!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdriven
hi guys, i really NEED your help, i recently got a sidewinder sv2 , done about 10 runs, 3 times i have had the esc shut down and beep with a flashing yellow LED, how do i stop this happening??
i have tried 8 spektrum sr3100 receivers , 3 motors, 15.5t 8.5t 7.5t , and 3 li-po packs , still the esc does the shut down thing , its odd as i can get a full run and its fine then in the next run it does it again , very random but i do really need this fixed or replaced, also noticed that i cant seem to find the UK distributer ? anyone know who takes care of castle stuff in the UK???
thanks
Are you using a power hungry digital servo with the Sidewinder? Spektrum receivers are known for browning out when used with digital servos and ESC's with 2A (or less) internal BEC's.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks to Dan at castle for getting back to me, its much appreciated!!
@RED , thanks for the reponse , i am using a very fast but cheap and efficient digital servo , i have also tried a few old futaba 3003 s148 servo's , i dont think its that but i have been asked by the UK agent to return it ,they are going to check the data log , fingers crossed that it isnt going into thermal shut down with a mild 8.5 with 2s in a 2wd buggy ! my 60a hobby wing gets luke warm with this set up and i was under the impression that the Sv2 was way more robust than the HW.
best regs
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

@rcdriven...before you go through all that hassle, try it out with a non-digital servo. Browning-out Spektrum receivers is VERY common. I had a similar issue with my Mamba Max Pro and a Savox digital servo. A glitch buster helped a little, but I finally added a Castle 10A BEC to totally correct the problem. I had other issues with Spektrum. So, I recently switched to Airtronics. A glitch buster was still necessary, but the issue was much less noticeable using Airtronics RX's.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks again RED , as i mentioned i have tried a few old analogue futaba servos , still did it, it wasnt the receiver , the 2wd buggy with pretty forgiving servo saver means that there is very little load stress from steering ,
HUGE THANKS to logic rc(dealt with Stewart, top man) and Castle creations (dealt with Dan another top man) , replacement ESC received with a little tab on the control cable saying 'new stock'! , will be out with it this afternoon to do a bit of practice with a few mates ,
thanks again fella's
Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

just did my first 8 minute run with the new ESC, geared 7.5-1 , everything on the ESC was at full power , ESC and motor are luke warm compared to hot with the last ESC , huge improvement , zoooom!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Deleted

Last edited by nofxnz; 01-08-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

someone here may kno what my MMM 2200 is doing in a MP777 RCPD spektrum 6090 w/bec set @7.4, I've been running 1/10 sensored indoor but decided to break out the 1/8 to run indoor and I know it's not sensored but it seems to Break Up or Stutter if u kno what I mean. It's not like a bec/rx cut out. It hesitates or breaks up mid to wo throttle. gearing is 13-46 and I tried it w/3 different 4s packs. The last time I ran my RC8Te outdoor this summer I think it was doing the same thing,obviously 2 different CC systems. It's driving me nutz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.