Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

I am using brand new batteries. Duratrax 5400mah 20c lipo hardcase.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I bought a motor that has no writing on it. I was told that it is a 2650. Is there any way I can find this info to confirm what it is?
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

What all motors work with mamba max pro?
Will tekin pro4 4600 or tekin 550 motors?
What about 17.5 stock?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MMP for stock racing

Can I run the Mamba Max Pro in stock non timing class. It will be paired with a D3 17.5 I am new to this i hope this is the correct way to ask questions.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all, I purchased my first Castle system (Mamba Micro Pro/CM2068 Combo) a while back and have finally committed to running it in my RC18T2. I have only used sensored (Novak) systems in the past and have a few questions. First off, I love the feel of the system and it generally runs like a bat out of hell. However, I get an occasional stutter or hesitation on initial startup. It does not do this all of the time, sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it stutters a bit. Only does it at startup, no problems once the car is moving. I use Deans Ultra plugs on the batteries and direct-soldered my motor/esc wires together. I use a MaxAmps Life 1050 pack - is this my problem? MaxAmps claims a "true 90c rating", so I thought it would provide enough current under load to avoid any cogging. I tested the same pack in my T4.1 (Novak Ballistic 6.5 turn) and it ran flawlessly, no issues. Is the voltage critical here, or is it the c rating on the battery? I know some have used NIMH packs with no issues, so I thought a Life pack would work fine as I am not interested in going to Lipos. If it matters, my endpoints on the transmitter are set at 100 and my "Punch" control on the esc is set at the "Low" setting. I am using the stock 60 tooth spur with an 11t pinion. Motor and esc get warm, never run hot. Drivetrain is free, no binding. The occasional stutter is not bad enough to keep me from using this system, but if there is something I am missing or some way to stop it I would like to know. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kahuna2793
What all motors work with mamba max pro?
Will tekin pro4 4600 or tekin 550 motors?
What about 17.5 stock?
You can run all of those listed. Just use an external BEC for the 1/8th scale motor setups or when you are using high powered servos that require alot of power.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Hello all, I purchased my first Castle system (Mamba Micro Pro/CM2068 Combo) a while back and have finally committed to running it in my RC18T2. I have only used sensored (Novak) systems in the past and have a few questions. First off, I love the feel of the system and it generally runs like a bat out of hell. However, I get an occasional stutter or hesitation on initial startup. It does not do this all of the time, sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it stutters a bit. Only does it at startup, no problems once the car is moving. I use Deans Ultra plugs on the batteries and direct-soldered my motor/esc wires together. I use a MaxAmps Life 1050 pack - is this my problem? MaxAmps claims a "true 90c rating", so I thought it would provide enough current under load to avoid any cogging. I tested the same pack in my T4.1 (Novak Ballistic 6.5 turn) and it ran flawlessly, no issues. Is the voltage critical here, or is it the c rating on the battery? I know some have used NIMH packs with no issues, so I thought a Life pack would work fine as I am not interested in going to Lipos. If it matters, my endpoints on the transmitter are set at 100 and my "Punch" control on the esc is set at the "Low" setting. I am using the stock 60 tooth spur with an 11t pinion. Motor and esc get warm, never run hot. Drivetrain is free, no binding. The occasional stutter is not bad enough to keep me from using this system, but if there is something I am missing or some way to stop it I would like to know. Thanks!
sound like you need to look at your battery..higher c rating would probably fix it. i had something similar to this happen to me and changed out to a higher c rating fixed it. also, i know you dont want to, but i seriously suggest that you switch to lipos..for 1/18 they are dirt cheep and usually offer higher c ratings, better performance, longer run times, lower temps in the motor/speedcontrol, and more power
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Ok Hi just have a couple question.

1. i have a 2650 KV motor and the wires are becomming exposed at the motor entry, If i send this in would you guys chamge out the wires ??

2. i just recently got a 2200kv motor to use in my RC8e it runs awsome but is not as fast as the 2650kv was on the same gearing and lipo, 16t pinion and 46t spur, just wondering if you guys know what i can gear the 2200kv up to and get it closer to the speed of the 2650 with out it getting to hot ??

Also whats the top gearing you guys recomend for both motors ??
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, I need to know 2 things.

1 - When I updated the firmware from 1.21 to the latest I noticed that when I start do accelerate the power delivery isn't as smooth as the earlier version. Its just when I start do accelerate. Its does a little jump. Like a Cog.

2 - Is there any sollution to the Fan Problem? I already putted a new fan an everytime I run the fan stops because of the little stones. Any sugestion?

Best regards,

Nelio Gouveia
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello? Joe?

Last seen on RcTech on 02-29-2012 09:37 PM

I have a Mamba Monster Esc with overheating problem because the fan stops everytime I run, due to small rocks. Its a new fan! I even done a mod, putted a net to prevent dust and rocks to enter tje upper side of the box and it doesn't work! Any sollution?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Thermal Cutout? Or Loose Sensor Wire?

Hi,

I have been running the Mamba Max Pro SCT Edition since August and am loving it! Thanks for an awesome product.

I recently changed over from the Castle 1415 motor to a sensored Tenshock SC411 4000kv, and have run it for quite a few weeks with no issues.

I had an issue today with my throttle suddenly stopping here and there, especially after some bumps. This was even on my first run of the day.

When I had a look at the ESC each time at idle, the red and yellow lights were flashing, but would often return to just the yellow light (ie neutral) then all would be OK again. The motor was not overheating (could touch it for quite some time) and neither was the ESC.

I left the track thinking it might be my sensor cable because I jiggle the cable and it seems to fix things, but when I came home and looked up what yellow and red flashing meant, the Castle FAQ says that this is overheating.

So I was wondering if my fan is not activating at the right time.

I remembered that originally (months ago) when I switch the ESC on, that the fan activates for a short period of time. I tried this, and the fan did not activate. But when I unplug the sensor wire (either at the ESC end or the motor end) and restart the ESC, the fan activates after all. As soon as I plug the sensor wire back in and restart, the fan does not does not come on during startup.

Please could you advise if:
1) This is the expected startup behaviour when the cable is in?
2) How can I test to make sure that the fan is activating correctly?

Thanks heaps!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi! I tested mine with my wife's hair dryer. Blew hot air to the esc and the fan was activated. Try doing this with and without the sensor cable.
I dont know if its normal the fan not starting with sensor cable because my esc is only sensorless.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nelio
Hi! I tested mine with my wife's hair dryer. Blew hot air to the esc and the fan was activated. Try doing this with and without the sensor cable.
I dont know if its normal the fan not starting with sensor cable because my esc is only sensorless.
Hi, thanks for that good idea! I'll try it out with "my wife's" hairdryer. Cheers!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eddomak
Hi, thanks for that good idea! I'll try it out with "my wife's" hairdryer. Cheers!
So I tested it out with the hairdryer, and whenever the sensor wire is in, then the fan will not work. I swapped out to a brand new sensor wire to make sure that may causing any issues, but same problem.

Actually, come to think of it, the other thing that I changed was that I updated to firmware v1.33b the night before the problem. I will downgrade to 1.32 and try it out and see if the problem is still there.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eddomak
Actually, come to think of it, the other thing that I changed was that I updated to firmware v1.33b the night before the problem. I will downgrade to 1.32 and try it out and see if the problem is still there.
I have now downgraded to v1.32 which is not marked as beta. Can't figure out if it is much better, but the behaviour on startup is different.

1) If sensor wire is plugged in - fan never activates
2) If sensor wire is not plugged in, and no receiver signal, then fan goes full speed and does not stop until a signal is received
3) If sensor wire is not plugged in, and receiver signal is present, fan goes on for a short time only

I won't have a chance to test it on track conditions until the weekend, but hope this downgrade will at least fix the intermittent problems.

I'll let you know how I go with Castle support...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.