Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, only post rosie happy news about your T2 on this thread
Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Yeah, only post rosie happy news about your T2 on this thread
lol!!

Chris, I hope so, just didnt have any good runs last weekend!!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Brit,

You guys have a nice track in TX. I saw the pics of Mikes hobby shop and looks like a fun carpet track. You stock class is very competitive and a nice points series, very close, until Kyle came back to race and mess up the points...J/K.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Kyle didn't mess it up. Ron Atomic could have won it....if he came to the last two series races. I blew it the third weekend when I had tq points and blew my car up with a full straight lead. Second series race in a row in which I didn't finish the main. But yeah, the competition is pretty tough. Four guys that have all made the "A" or won a Snowbird class. Just wish Burch and Dumas would come play....

Last edited by Chris Adams; 01-29-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Show off time, Lime Green

Old 01-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Looking sweet John, post up some more pics...Did you do everything in Tapatio Green...?

I saw the pink panther fk05 at socal at xmas time...You NOrcal guys have anodizing on the brain all the time.

How about any Mini ano'd parts ?

See you at TCS up north again...

Kevin Smith
Old 01-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What a bunch of whiners I think you guys should run a differnt brand of car for a while like I used to. I am amazed how well everything fits and the quality of my T2... compared to the other brands I have run
Are my rear hubs off some? Probably but I dont really care nor does it seem to bother my cars performance. I am sure XRay will correct this MINOR problem in time. As for tweaking I have run it for two weeks in 19 turn foam with no issues except for the broken rear shock tower I posted about earlier in this thread.
And as for " The issue was that rcamerica decided to hang to their shipment of spares rather than distribute it."
If RC America had spare parts they must have used them all up before the Novak race. I was there I talked to the team drivers and checked out their cars. The most popular CHub for the T2 was the Schumacher... HPI rear hubs were also seen on cars. When Ralph Burch destroyed his car he built a new one from a kit and the rest of the team stold anything that was useable from the rubble. It was kind of funny to see team drivers looking and measuring other brands of cars to see what they could use if they broke.
I for one dont expect a warranty on a toy race car... they dont have to give me a pair of $5 hubs because the first run of production hubs was off a few tenths of a degree.
But I am sure XRay will stand behind their product and try to make the rest of you happy... but they cant do it instantly.
I really dont know of any car.. real or toy.... that didnt have some sort of issues early in the production run. My 2 cents
Old 01-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xray t2

Xray is the only way to go. There is nothing produced that is better or ever will unless Xray out does themselves.

Jim Bishop
Old 01-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
PRS gear didn't have the quality I thought it would. Looks like they ground them down and counter sunk them, so they would fit in the T2, but the holes didn't line up well making the scew off set and the the ground side was not even.
Hey RcKnight....You should not have had any of those problems with the Gear. Send an email the [email protected] and tell him about it....Make sure you tell him I sent you and I'll make sure you get enough gears to last you the rest of the winter that fit perfect.

Thanks

EA
Old 01-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Hey guys,

the Jwerks spurs really do work nicely.....

The workmanship was nice and clean...no burrs, no shavings....nice machining on the Delrin..It was nice that there was enough thickness on the spur to get a good solid contact with the pinion too for strength..... It ran nice and smooth, quiet and true on my car last night...

Juan wasn't just blowing smoke....nice product
yup.. i have one too... its DIALED!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

where can we get the j-werks spurs???
Old 01-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only thing PRS has done was add the countersink holes. The Grinding you guys may see is from the manufacturing of the gears. When PRS makes a spur they actually make 4 at one time. So the outer spurs will have the rough "grinding" on only one side. This is part of the de-burring process. So 2 out of 4 spurs will have the rough side.

Just a little bit of info about PRS Spurs. PRS Touring Car spurs are actually lighter than a J-Werks, PRS offers more available sizes, the tooth numbers are stamped on the gear, and they are proudly made in the USA. PRS spurs retail for $7.99 and a J-Werks retails for $7.95. After some testing on the J-Werks spur we have found they run nearly as true as a PRS. The tooth spacing and theoretical pitch are very close as well. The J-Werks spurs are well machined product, it's just a PRS spur has more bang for your buck. lol
Old 01-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
The only thing PRS has done was add the countersink holes. The Grinding you guys may see is from the manufacturing of the gears. When PRS makes a spur they actually make 4 at one time. So the outer spurs will have the rough "grinding" on only one side. This is part of the de-burring process. So 2 out of 4 spurs will have the rough side.

Just a little bit of info about PRS Spurs. PRS Touring Car spurs are actually lighter than a J-Werks, PRS offers more available sizes, the tooth numbers are stamped on the gear, and they are proudly made in the USA. PRS spurs retail for $7.99 and a J-Werks retails for $7.95. After some testing on the J-Werks spur we have found they run nearly as true as a PRS. The tooth spacing and theoretical pitch are very close as well. The J-Werks spurs are well machined product, it's just a PRS spur has more bang for your buck. lol
but I think I'll exchange it. The screw holes are not perfect over the mounting holes and the ground side not perfectly flat...thus you need to use tappered screws to get the flat side against the spur mount. I'll get something else in the mean time, maybe a J-werks. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are having an issue with a PRS product we will be more than happy to replace the gear at no charge to you. If you are wanting a replacement please e-mail me with your name, address, phone number, and tooth size you are needing.

[email protected]

We would also like to have the gear back for inspection so future consumers will not run into the same problems as you have encountered.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing

Hi Tony,

I wasn't saying anything bad about the PRS gears, or trying to infer it..

I have heard all along that PRS is a quality product. I haven't been able to get my hands on PRS in my area as of yet so I gave the JWerks a try and posted my findings... FYI the tooth numbers appear to be engraved in the Jwerks as well.

Flat out I'd gladly pay the premium for Jwerks, PRS, RW, etc over the Kimbrough (which is the only option available at the local shop in town here)

the Xray 48p gear in conjunction witht he Xray pinions are also a very nice combination....but I just like the finer degree of ratio adjustment with the 64p when running on our tight carpet track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.