Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

JR servos are the WORST:! I've never had any because every one I've ever seen has failed, for one reason or another.

I recently bought a couple of 5925 HiTech's, and although they are digitals, they're the best bang for your buck.

I've mainly always used Futaba servos, they have a good warranty and are very durable.

Why do you not want digitals?
Old 09-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Body post braces

Where can I get some body post braces for my car? I am looking to those carbon Fiber ones I see on many cars at the track.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

I've had my JR servos(5) for a long time. In fact, IIRC, I bought one new and the rest were bought used or came with a car I bought. Three are the 4735/4750 which I use for steering in my MTX-3's and my XXXNT and two cheap BB Z550 for use as throttle servos. Each of them had seen service every other weekend(Off road-on-road, off......)for the past three years on tight technical tracks and none of them ever gave me trouble or was sent back for service.

Same for Futaba servos too. Just got a new 9451 for my 777's steering. Excellent quality and reliable. Actually, one failed(9302/throttle) when I was controlling my MTX-2 with another one of my car's setting in the radio model memory. Throttle endpoint was not same and the servo strained when I was at full throttle. Good thing I didn't have a super high torque servo in there or else it would of pulled the slide right out of the carb.

As far as Hitec, the two 625's that I had for steering duty would not center well and I constantly had to chase center while driving . Friends of mine have the 5925/5945 and they like theirs but one friend had to send his servos back to Hitec several times to get fixed and they always send him a new one every time(good or bad? ). Could be because he uses his in Tmaxx and "Truggy" .

The main thing here is that you always make sure your endpoints are set correctly. I always set mine at one or two clicks before full travel on throttle and steering just in case. My nitro sedan's steering aren't lock to lock though.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bandeira
:
:
BTW- YOU GUYS USE THREAD LOCK ON YOUR WHEEL NUTS? I had probelms in the past with thread lock melting serpent wheels... what about Mugen Wheels?
:
:
Kawahara wheel nuts - KAWB6406
These are great and last for ever - we'll never use the nyloc ones again.
But don't do them up too tight.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:57 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Kawahara wheel nuts - KAWB6406
These are great and last for ever - we'll never use the nyloc ones again.
But don't do them up too tight.

Tehehehehehe.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

They're not the WORST, per se. HiTec is the WORST! And, JR is next to that. better give Japanese craftmanship some credit. Korean ones suck.

Originally posted by theRED5
JR servos are the WORST:! I've never had any because every one I've ever seen has failed, for one reason or another.

I recently bought a couple of 5925 HiTech's, and although they are digitals, they're the best bang for your buck.

I've mainly always used Futaba servos, they have a good warranty and are very durable.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

i had my JR servos 8450 for steering and 4750 for the throttle for about 3yrs now and never never gave up on me and how you take care of ure rc stuff
Old 09-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Don't know about that, but I've always been very happy with KO.

best,

Originally posted by theRED5

Old 09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Stick with Futaba, KO, Airtronics, JR if you want quality servos.
HiTec is crap. I own a hobby store and have to put up with the returns. 2nd highest failure rate is with JR but they are way better than hitec. Many of the failures with hitec are not total failure but rather eratic behavior. Like, bad centering.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by duneland
Stick with Futaba, KO, Airtronics, JR if you want quality servos.
HiTec is crap. I own a hobby store and have to put up with the returns. 2nd highest failure rate is with JR but they are way better than hitec. Many of the failures with hitec are not total failure but rather eratic behavior. Like, bad centering.
Humpf... this was a Futaba 9402 and It was bought in July 2003
and used in about 15 weekends in the throttle and It stalled this weekend... Quite a short life for an expensive servo isn't it?

About the digitals, I'm afraid of battery consumption...
Old 09-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Z
Tech Master

Default negitive diff

I am sure this has been covered somewhere in here but, what weight oil should be used with the negitive diff. Also, under what conditions would you want to use one.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: negitive diff

No oil whatsoever! Instead, you use grease. Remember, using the neg diff meaning you wanna take full advantage of the diff action while gaining speed on the solid axle during higher speed.

best,

Originally posted by mldcb
I am sure this has been covered somewhere in here but, what weight oil should be used with the negitive diff. Also, under what conditions would you want to use one.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Z
Tech Master

So what type of grease?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Mugen Grease would do just fine. But, I use my own special blend. Use the grease liberally on all those bevel gears then seal it. Remember to apply light oil around the gasket before enclosing the diff case and tighten it well.

best,

Originally posted by mldcb
So what type of grease?
Old 09-15-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

long time no see!
Hope everybody is ok here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.