Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Do you guys have any problem fitting in a 3700 or 3800 on an 05? I had to trim a little bit on the battery post, so will that make it a lightened chassis? can't run in GT2 class then?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have 1 pack of 3700`s and they fit tight, but they do fit..............

Originally Posted by cheehtae
Do you guys have any problem fitting in a 3700 or 3800 on an 05? I had to trim a little bit on the battery post, so will that make it a lightened chassis? can't run in GT2 class then?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

also, what's the thread life of Type A tires on carpet? So I'll know how many to purchase in a TCS race?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Both 3700s and 3800s fit perfect in my car.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of the BIGGER cells, the matcher may add his own sleeve of heatshrink, if that is the case, they WILL be tight, see if the matchers label is under the shrink.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

I suppose this applies to your local TCS series? If that's what your local rule states, then why bother joining??? unless you're so rich to spend all those money to race in the big league just for fun. Don't get me wrong here, we all should have the "FUN" aspect but this is the TCS with a lot at stake.

Just me 2 cents

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheehtae
also, what's the thread life of Type A tires on carpet? So I'll know how many to purchase in a TCS race?

Thanks in advance.
Type A tires last very long on carpet. Just make sure you get strong wheels or else your set of tire will be useless. I find that Tamiya spoke wheels last longer Tamiya dish wheels.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Q1:
Is anyone using the aluminum upright 53687 with their stock suspension? I just got mine yesterday and found that the rear sway bar collars are rubbing the uprights.

Q2:
What is the Associated equivalent of Tamiya's 400 wt shock oil? Is there a chart created for these comparison?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf_racer
Type A tires last very long on carpet. Just make sure you get strong wheels or else your set of tire will be useless. I find that Tamiya spoke wheels last longer Tamiya dish wheels.
what about the wheels that came with the kit, is it any good? I'm planning on using that with a Type a tire.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

What about the tires that came with the kit, what type are they???

Thanks,

Originally Posted by trf_racer
Old 02-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pose a question to you ?

What would your reaction be to the organisers of the TCS enforcing a rule which states that if you intend racing a Tamiya chassis/kit which was not purchased locally you will be forced to pay an additional race entry fee and even if you do pay the additional fee you will not qualify for any prizes.

I already have confirmation from Tamiya America that a racer is allowed to use any Tamiya kit as long as it is legal for the class you want to race regardless of where it was purchased.

I would like to get a similar confirmation from Tamiya Japan does anybody know how I could contact Tamiya Japan ?.
If the item is not available in the states thru Tamiya America, then it is not legal to use in the TCS, point blank, the end. Its hard to buy all your Tamiya stuff locally because quite frankly not all shops carry all the baubles you might want to purchase. I buy my stuff from 2 hobby shops, Speedtech RC, and thru one other source. I just placed my first ever order thru R10 and the only reason why I did that was to make sure I had the parts in time to install them on the car before the regional. I would have preferred to order them locally, but time wise I may not have been able to get what I needed thru the LHS thru TA in time. And the ruling has been if its in stock in TA's warehouse, you can run it in a regional.

Last edited by RCGaryK; 02-11-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, same rule applied with the TA05 last year.. right before our last race until the Canadian Finals, the TA05 was available in Japan but not in North America, so it wasn't legal in that race. Once the kit was available locally (a week before the finals), it was legal to race.

Many people decided not to race it in the finals because the front one-way wasn't available, and so a bone-stock TA04 with minimal upgrades (the one-way, sway bars, and shocks) won GT2.

Things changed in the NA finals, where the TA05 was the chassis of choice, but only because the hop-ups (the more important ones, at least) were fully available by then.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I bought a center 1 way , I used it for about 5 packs and now it is not working ( free spins) any one else had a problem with them? I`m kinda pissed off this thing was not cheap!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

I think this is totally different since the car is not yet available in North America then of course it won't be legal.

But what the other guy was pointing out is that they are fined or penalized for using Tamiya cars not purchased locally (cars purchased overseas).

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Yup, same rule applied with the TA05 last year.. right before our last race until the Canadian Finals, the TA05 was available in Japan but not in North America, so it wasn't legal in that race. Once the kit was available locally (a week before the finals), it was legal to race.

Many people decided not to race it in the finals because the front one-way wasn't available, and so a bone-stock TA04 with minimal upgrades (the one-way, sway bars, and shocks) won GT2.

Things changed in the NA finals, where the TA05 was the chassis of choice, but only because the hop-ups (the more important ones, at least) were fully available by then.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Little bits of my pinion gear of my TA-05 is continually breaking off and getting caught in the spur gear making a sound that doesnt sound too good.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Or would you know what could be causing it?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.