Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This is just beautiful! Progress, finally! Ok back to spectating I go.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

I just contacted the guys in Puerto Rico, they will send you a PM with who they choose.

We are actually moving forward now. Great job Clete!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Great to hear all the positive and level headed posts. First time in a long while I can read something about GT cars without feeling like I had to take a shower to get the mud off.

After talking with Rino and Paolo I know Homestead Raceway, home of the 2011 IFMAR Worlds, is in the planning and evaluation process for hosting a big International GT only event.

This is a first class facility that is at the crossroads for all our American racers but also for the Caribbean, Central and South America as well.

It would be great if you can come up with some GT rules that the organizer could follow for all the racers well being.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Ok guys I'm from Puerto Rico. I'm all for moving things fowards but I only have one request. We are all adults playing with toy cars. If we keep personal problems and brand wars out of the discution everything will be much better. We have a very strong group of racers with at least 30 racers per race in GT.

I wrote our rules (using Ipanema Race rules) to be easy and inclusive. We only race open with motors up to .28.
Only shaft drives so no belt driven cars.
All tire brands are allowed as long as they are rubber (no foam).
Bodies all GT bodies no Lola (as long as it looks like a car no wedge). All Kyosho, all OFNA, Protoform, Ipanema, Alpha. All others must be approved by the GT racers before using.
Only non adjustable clutch, shoe type only.
No buggy type wings, all wings must be attached to the body.
Buggy conversions are allowed.
One very important rule is that No electronic aids are allowed. No D-Box or something similar.

We don't have a spec class or sportsman class. Since we help out the new guys the learning curve is not that long. Plus that would bring numbers down. Most of the GT racers are offroad racers that want to try it out and most like it so they stay. If we could manage to bring out all the guys that have GTs here that race they would number more than 60 racers.

Another thing is that in orther to grow this class it must be inclusive. I don't agree with spec tires since that will in the long run not help at all. In my opinion if veteran racers help the new guys with tire shore then the discution about spending a lot on different compunds is gone.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I agree no brand wars that would only hurt the class. Not one brand has been mentioned in the last couple of pages.

What we are starting is a IGT national board that will decide the rules as of today, and we can not expect already scheduled races to change their per posted rules. This is only to help everyone get on the same page for future events.

It awesome to know you guys have a large IGT following, congrates. Hope to see and meet you guys.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Andy Liu... was sent in for texas as well!... Andy if your out there please join in the conversation
I am here. I am just too busy wiping my tears for what I am seeing. Very positive indeed. Myself, Bigcat, Tony, and Chad will work together to represent the voices from Texas.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Jneg,

Great, And thank you for checking in... Could you please PM me with a nomination for a person to represnt your Region/Club...
Please go thru and read the last couple of pages to catch up... but in short everyone is saying basicly the same thing..

Folks... keep in mind you can nominate yourself...
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
I am here. I am just too busy wiping my tears for what I am seeing. Very positive indeed. Myself, Bigcat, Tony, and Chad will work together to represent the voices from Texas.
Oh your such a BIG BABY!!! Your prays have finally been answered, LOL

Big things to come for IGT!!!!

Anyone get a hold of a Mod to get the IGT National Board thread going?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

I know there are a lot of folks that run GT cars that are great people. It is awesome to see this type of positive feedback and information being passed around. Glad to see such a group of racers making a positive effort to move this class up. GT racing is a blast!!! Hope to meet some of you at the Bryon's Challange. As far as the Homestead race just post it and the dates and I would love to attend it too if possible. I may try and attend next years Timezone race as well, I have heard a lot of good things about that race.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Nominations

OK...
let's get some structure to the nominations..

Nominations to Close on April 27th..

1 PM me with them and the Real name as well..
2 Makes sure the nominee knows that you did so!
3 Each region can have as many nominations as they like but only one rep
4 I will then create a pole and EVERYONE can vote on all regions and Reps...

After the reps have been chosen they will create the GTNational Series Rules that all race organizers can go by at each event...
Each Event Organizer will have a solid set of rules to go by...
Sound good? thoughts?

GTNational Series Rules; I chose this name... it signifies and represents all of us and a new start...
You can call it bill and teds toy car circus for all I care...
But give us a name... something we can all stand under as a group... Unified and legitimate
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone get a hold of a Mod to get the IGT National Board thread going? Quote

I suggest we give the Oganization a NAME then a forum can be created.... does that sound like a plan? Thoughts..
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Anyone get a hold of a Mod to get the IGT National Board thread going? Quote

I suggest we give the Oganization a NAME then a forum can be created.... does that sound like a plan? Thoughts..

I'm in for an organization name and forum.

GT National Series sounds good to me. Simple, effective, to the point.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds good to me.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have suggested someone from the Heart of Amerca Series. Anyone here have a good choice for the Midwest Series? (I believe that is where the $200 amount came from)

As to name; IGT would be better than just GT, IMO.

I might also suggest we contact ROAR to see if the Nitro On Road director (or atleast a Regional Director) could be part of this as well. Would help get the spec's addopted and facilitated with in ROAR.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Lovin' it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.