Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A fist full of servo blocks...
I'm working on the servo saver cams as well. Here are the first ones out of the machine. I still gotta cut the contour profile and send them out for anodizing. Hopefully Monday along with the Blocks.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130307_181431-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130307_164754-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130307_175835-comp.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YoDog
A fist full of servo blocks...
I'm working on the servo saver cams as well. Here are the first ones out of the machine. I still gotta cut the contour profile and send them out for anodizing. Hopefully Monday along with the Blocks.
Nice! I purchased your v1 mount a few weeks ago. Will you sell just the servo saver cam? Or is this being sold as a package?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Heavy Diff Oil

Does anyone know where I could find diff oil heavier than 500K Looking for something in the 600 - 800K range. Any options heavier than 500K would be great.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
Does anyone know where I could find diff oil heavier than 500K Looking for something in the 600 - 800K range. Any options heavier than 500K would be great.

Thanks
3 Racing makes a ultra high viscosity diff oil #3RAC GS03 It's like a grease more than a oil!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Do you guys think the tc6 has more mechanical grip of other chassis'? For the life of me I can't stop my tc6 from traction rolling. Keep in mind that this is the original tc6, not the 6.2. My local track I'd super high grip asphalt, tried harder springs, different roll centers ( both hinge pins and camber links). Retired the car for a few months and then brought it back as an RSD6.2 with the newer shock towers and newer camber link bulk heads. Still traction rolling with various roll center configurations. the only thing that works is no traction compounds on a year old Solaris hard tires. My sorex 36r and Solaris med make the car so twitchy. And rolls in sweepers and two wheels in hairpin corners. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I usually give the associated a good attempt in practice and the first qualifier but because of the traction issues, I switch out to the xray t4 because that car is dialed. Just wanna give this chassis a fair chance.

Here's a quick run down of my current setup

Front:
-Spring is silver associated
-Offset 2b arm mounts with 1 mm spacers front and rear
-Camber link in v2 position with 3mm spacer under inside and 1mm spacer outside
-shock position is third hole fron inside and outside on arm
- wheelbase is 2mm behind arms
- shock oil 40 wt associated
-spool

Rear:
-spring is silver associated
-2.5 degree rear toe
-2b arm mounts front with 1mm spacer, offset 2b mount rear with 1mm spacer.
-camber link is v2 with 1mm spacer under inside and 2mm spacer under outside on the inner hub hole.
-shock position is second hole from inside and outside on arm
-Wheelbase is 2mm in front of arms
-shock oil is 40 wt associated
-spec r gear diff with 1000 wt associated
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bmannokc
Nice! I purchased your v1 mount a few weeks ago. Will you sell just the servo saver cam? Or is this being sold as a package?
I will be doing both as a set and individual parts.
I still have yet to come up with a price. Once they are finished, I will have a better idea of how much time is involved in producing them.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trigger
Do you guys think the tc6 has more mechanical grip of other chassis'? For the life of me I can't stop my tc6 from traction rolling. Keep in mind that this is the original tc6, not the 6.2. My local track I'd super high grip asphalt, tried harder springs, different roll centers ( both hinge pins and camber links). Retired the car for a few months and then brought it back as an RSD6.2 with the newer shock towers and newer camber link bulk heads. Still traction rolling with various roll center configurations. the only thing that works is no traction compounds on a year old Solaris hard tires. My sorex 36r and Solaris med make the car so twitchy. And rolls in sweepers and two wheels in hairpin corners. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I usually give the associated a good attempt in practice and the first qualifier but because of the traction issues, I switch out to the xray t4 because that car is dialed. Just wanna give this chassis a fair chance.

Here's a quick run down of my current setup

Front:
-Spring is silver associated
-Offset 2b arm mounts with 1 mm spacers front and rear
-Camber link in v2 position with 3mm spacer under inside and 1mm spacer outside
-shock position is third hole fron inside and outside on arm
- wheelbase is 2mm behind arms
- shock oil 40 wt associated
-spool

Rear:
-spring is silver associated
-2.5 degree rear toe
-2b arm mounts front with 1mm spacer, offset 2b mount rear with 1mm spacer.
-camber link is v2 with 1mm spacer under inside and 2mm spacer under outside on the inner hub hole.
-shock position is second hole from inside and outside on arm
-Wheelbase is 2mm in front of arms
-shock oil is 40 wt associated
-spec r gear diff with 1000 wt associated
The roll centers are probably too high for high grip, you are probably experiencing suspension jacking, which is causing the traction roll to be worse.

Try running 0B all around, or even 3As. Try some thicker front oil and also a softer top deck. Softer chassis cars tend to have less roll and this can help in high grip conditions.

You can also lay in your front shocks which will take away some mid corner front traction to lessen the snappiness that causes traction rolling.

Lower your front inner camber link in order to reduce some front body roll.

Lastly, try spacing out your front wheels with hex spacers, maybe 0.5 on each side.

Oh, and springs. Try different ones. The Yokomo seem to do really well in high grip. Our green front/ yellow rear might be good for high grip.

Droop, run 1.5 over ride height front, 2 over rear.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

I agree, the roll center's are too low for high grip conditions, and the suggestions mentioned above are the way to go !

@ Christian - when will the RSD EVO2 complete kits be back in stock ? my trigger finger is waiting on the buy button ;D
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
I tried installing the center ballast weights but the belt rubs. Suggestions?
I'm interested in this, too. I was hoping to use the 20g weights under there, but no chance because they're too tall. I managed to fit two 10g weights under there (in line with one another), but it's very, very close to the belt. However, since it's in tension under power, it pulls the belt up and away from the weights so it's been okay. Nonetheless, I find it odd that Associated would put provisions for (I believe) 3 weights in that area when there is room for 2 at most because of the belt interference.

I've had to put the remainder of the needed weight farther forward or rearward and more off-center than I wanted (both my USGT and my VTA needed a ton of weight to be legal).
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JFuel11

Thanks
Gravity RC
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Rick
Nexus RC has Gravity diff 2.5 million
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...6a59380376db99
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am currently having a slight push in high speed sweepers in my USGT car (TC6). I'm currently running a slipper spool up front and it's very tight (as you'd expect). Rear is a ball diff and is fairly loose. I'm considering adding a gear diff up front with some very heavy oil in it. My hope is that it would give "just enough" to help alleviate this slight push, but still remain solid enough to provide needed stability.

I'm curious if someone could make a good recommendation for a starting point? The surface is low-med grip asphalt. I should also point out that I'm pretty happy with the handling of the car otherwise, but I wouldn't mind just a touch more turn-in.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tommy R
I am currently having a slight push in high speed sweepers in my USGT car (TC6). I'm currently running a slipper spool up front and it's very tight (as you'd expect). Rear is a ball diff and is fairly loose. I'm considering adding a gear diff up front with some very heavy oil in it. My hope is that it would give "just enough" to help alleviate this slight push, but still remain solid enough to provide needed stability.

I'm curious if someone could make a good recommendation for a starting point? The surface is low-med grip asphalt. I should also point out that I'm pretty happy with the handling of the car otherwise, but I wouldn't mind just a touch more turn-in.
I run a gear diff in front and back for VTA. Try 1000 or putty up front. Should work pretty good for you.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
I agree, the roll center's are too low for high grip conditions, and the suggestions mentioned above are the way to go !

@ Christian - when will the RSD EVO2 complete kits be back in stock ? my trigger finger is waiting on the buy button ;D
We have 1 left in stock until the last week of the month when we will get our next batch.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey all
ln our race the minimun weight is 1350 gr.
My TC6.1 WC with Speed Passion 13.5, Cirtix Esc, Savox 1251 MG is about gr.900
Lipo NVISION 5500 - 90C 300 g
Body g 100
Sorex 36 g 120
Total weight 1420 g
Which is the weight of your cars, TC 6, TC6.1 and WC ready to run?
Other friends racers with XRay- Yokomo- Sakura add weight to achieve the minimum required. Any tips?
Thks
Enrico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.