Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 01:27 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I put the first run on my new car this week-end and everything went well. I tq'd and won, but my local track isn't the toughest of crowds but I mainly wanted to shake down the car for the first time. The Daytona Speedway race is coming up and I'm trying to get more familiar with what this chassis wants before I get there. I've got several questions and I'm hoping that you guys can throw me some good answers.

1) I have the low roll center MF blocks (that's all mine came with) and and only very minmal droop was obtainable in the rear. I actually had to unscrew the shock mount a bit to get it down to 3mm and move it to the inside hole on the arm....Is this normal? Or should I not be looking for that much droop with the LRC? The rear bumper has been cut in the right, but the shocks don't seem long enough. They are the .36's.

2) High bite asphalt, with a long sweeping corners for the most part.....HRC or LRC blocks?

3) I've seen a lot of conflicting info on the A and B rear hub mounting locations? Does anyone truly know which hole creates what effect?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

ASM, are you running the one-way diff up front? I would highly suggest it, especially with the track that you're going to race on having long flowing turns the one-way is very much advised. However, most people around here even run the one-way on small tight carpet tracks and they still dominate. I've come to the conclusion that the one-way isn't just for this or that track, it's for all of them, if you know how to drive with it.

As for your HRC or LRC question, I have no idea! hehe I haven't modified my chassis with that option yet.

Jits
Old 03-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Off topic

ASM. We spend most of the summer between Sebastian and Orlando. Thinking of bringing my Micros and TC down this year. Are there any close tracks around. Familar with the Space Coast (went to FIT, relatives live in W. Melbourne) . If you can, please E-mail so I don't tie up the board. Thanks Mike
Old 03-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Koya Dale. I had a clearance problem with front RPM wheels. I added the front hex shims? that came with the wheels along with the standard Losi hex adapters and the problem was solved. Did not have any vibration problems.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Is there slight advantage for TC3 in stock?

I own a Losi. Where I race indoor carpet, there seems to be more TC3's in the "A", than Losi. What's it like elsewhere in stock carpet? Or is it just the drivers?
What's the mod classes like? I'm looking forward to running mod. My Losi is so easy to drive.

Not trying to start a flame, we all run Losi here. I know I do.

Last edited by WHITESTER; 03-11-2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

I think that if I only raced stock I would probably switch back to the TC3. The track I race on is small indoor carpet and I think the TC3 has a small acceleration advantage over the XXX-S. The Losi seems to roll through corners better when set up right so an large tracks the cars should be more equal. In Mod I think the ease of driving with the Losi makes it a better car for me. All this being said I did manage to TQ and win our region champs in the stock class over TC3's and Mission's, there were faster cars in stock but they never managed to get good starts or clean runs. I just ran clean and reasonable fast all weekend. All of the cars out right now have pros and cons, it depends on which fits you the best.

Chad
Old 03-11-2002, 04:33 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

I had planned on using the one-way for sure. I can't wait to see how it feels.

As for this Losi in stock thing being a disadvantage....I'm not buying into it at all.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Our local track is all Losi A-Mains in stock and spec. We don't run a mod class. Just remember it is usaually 90% driver and 10% equipment. We have some guys that can win no matter what they are driving.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Crash,

Remember, there is that Atlas...
Old 03-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Is there slight advantage for TC3 in stock?

Originally posted by WHITESTER
I own a Losi. Where I race indoor carpet, there seems to be more TC3's in the "A", than Losi. What's it like elsewhere in stock carpet? Or is it just the drivers? Etc...
At my local track there are normally a ton of TC3s in the "A" main...
But then again, 70% of the people there run the TC3... Basicly its just the law of averages.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ASM- For your droop problem you might want to take a closer look at how long (or in this case how short) the shocks are. They might be a little on the short side and they might keep the arms pulled up when you're trying to lower them down. I haven't had any problems setting my droop with my LRC blocks but then again I haven't set my rear any lower than 4. I guess I'll have to get back to you on this one. Congrats on your TQ and win on your first time out with the car. It's funny because I did the exact same thing when I first got my car. As far as when to run high vs low I'm not too sure about that one. I do plan on testing this out more after the carpet nats.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:56 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

STL, thanks for the help! Have you tried the different holes in the rear hubs yet? It's funny that the high and low blocks are out there for this car as an option, but no one seems to have a definite answer on when to use what. Maybe there's no clear cut answer. Once I got the diffs set, it ran real good. It felt a lot different in certain areas of the track.

I've ran this track for 5 years in the stock class (mod isn't offered) and over 2 of those years with a TC3. There's no way that this Losi was at a disadvantage. In 98 a street weapon won the state championship here in a series that ran 8 races in 6 different cities. That car had 3 belts as you all remember, and won against Schumacher 98's, TA01's,Yoks, and even some Xpress cars. Now an Xpress still has some of the smoothest diffs even today, and a very free drive train, but the SW was at no apparent disadvantage even with the 3 belts! The series ended in a points tie between an Xpress, a Schumacher and the SW. The SW guy won it by the tiebreaker. As was sorta mentioned before...many times "it's the Indian, NOT the arrow."

Hopefully, I 'll still have this same opinion after more track time....LOL....but for now, and judging from this past week-end, it's all good!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:06 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

STL, speaking of the carpet nats, I looked at the track on the web today, and it looks real sweet! I also saw those premounted CS27's for the first time this past week-end and they feel pretty good. The idea of using these premounted tires in order to control the inserts is a great idea! I was given a set of 27's to run on carpet last year in order to give my opinion and thoughts as it being a possible selection for a control tire for the Florida State Series. The tire worked great on carpet, but the control tire ended up being voted out by the racers. The insert on those premounted tires is a little softer then the echos we were using here during the 99 and 00 carpet nats though. I'd imagine by the time the last heats and mains roll around, you won't be able to get the car stiff enough....LOL! Good Luck!!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone had any problems with their front graphite.I went to replace a broken one when I notice a difference between the new one and the one on the other side.I ignored the diff.when I notice that the damn uprite would not slide in to it's appropriate spot[corectly].Thought may be I might have picked up the rear arms.but NO!it had to be the rite one.Some thing must be wrong with mold one the one I got.WHAT LUCK!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Nope never have had that problem with my losi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.