Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey guyd i got my mi2 i it didnt come with a pinion gear what pinion gear should i use with a 95tooth spur
Old 06-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

I'd say that you need a pinion between 20-30 tooth. It's kind of hard to be more precise without knowing your motors and track. Even same type of motors can require different pinions, some up to 2-3 teeth.
If you know what final gearing your motor and track needs, check the needed pinion out in the manual. If you don't know, ask some locals about a ballpark figure, start with a bit smaller pinion (=higher gearing) and work your way up from there, checking every once in a while that your motor doesn't overheat (especially if you're running stock).
If you're racing, you need more than one pinion anyway...
Old 06-17-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyrrus

I have a couple of question are the Tamiya shock a dirrect replacement or is there any type of mod involved.

My other question is I have the Stock shock towers. on the car it has a set of low profile towers(guessing better for carpet.)

One last question do ae springs fit. on a small tight track what type of springs do you recommed.
The Tamiya shocks work with the low (Carpet Towers) if running Schumacher shocks you should use the stock towers. You need need different top mounts to fit the Tamiya shocks.

AE springs fit the Tamiya shocks, as do the new Pro Springs from Schumacher.

Small tight track I run 40 weight three hole front with AE blue springs, 35 weight three hole rear with AE blue springs
Old 06-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mounting Tamiya shocks to the Mi2 made easy http://www.pdubracing.com/products.htm Scroll to the bottom of the page
Old 06-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

With the TAM shocks is the schumi more stable than the SCHUMI'S and they are better to do oil in.I run with 40 on the front and 40 on the rear with 3 holes .The length of my shocks are 61.5mm (front and rear).On tarmac i use blue on the front and silver on the rear.When i driving high grip circuit.(mostly carpet)i use blue on the rear and gold on the front.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TRF shocks are more consistent build to build and much easier to build. AE blue (F) and silver (R) is a very common combination. I know PW put AE blue and Schumacher whites in the back and liked it a lot.

I'm going to be doing some testing with new setups on the BMi 2.5mm chassis and higher flex top deck. Different spring combos, shock locations, roll centers, etc... I'll post some stuff up once I get some track time.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i put my TRF shocks on my Mi2 and alli did was just a like washer/spacers i think and it worked ok. and by the way i tried to put a 25teeth pinion with the 95 spur and for some reason when i acelarate the gears get to tight so it doesnt spin how can i fix this?

alex
Old 06-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Mounting Tamiya shocks to the Mi2 made easy http://www.pdubracing.com/products.htm Scroll to the bottom of the page
Is that just a 3 mm screw you would put through those badboys?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Is that just a 3 mm screw you would put through those badboys?
Yep, thats it
Old 06-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Yep, thats it
....just ordered me up a couple sets ...I'll lyk how they work, I've got TRF's on my car, but they're at a bit of an angle, I thing that shoulder on your chingadera's will take care of that

Old 06-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

So the car is more stable if you're using the tamiya shocks, does that mean the schumi shocks are bad?
I mean is it essensial to replace the orginal schumi's by trf's?
(I'm planning buying a new tourer so that's why I'd like to know)
Old 06-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default SPRING LENGTH

Hey Guys,
Thank for the response on the previous question but i got one more. I am switching my car from a Adrian based setup to a Padillla based setup and i was wondering how critical is it to have the exact same shock length when following the setup sheet. Before you get buck wild on me i have always followed the setup sheets passed to be to the T. However, since my last setup I’ve had to cut the ball joints on my Tamiya shocks to aceive ride height. After having than done i noticed that there was so much material gone (aprx. 1mm) that i could vary my shock length too much before the shaft didn’t have enough threading to remain stable. Therefore my shock would sometime buckle causing it to separate and thus i loss control.

Thus i ask against, how important is it to use the same shock length in these setups? If i am able to make ride height, and my oil is the same, and my shocks are the same, wouldn’t the shock’s length not affect the car????

MI jeDI
Old 06-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tekin
So the car is more stable if you're using the tamiya shocks, does that mean the schumi shocks are bad?
I mean is it essensial to replace the orginal schumi's by trf's?
(I'm planning buying a new tourer so that's why I'd like to know)
It's not requider for the car to run well. It's just a nice thing to have. TRF shocks are IMO and I know many others, the best shocks on the market. But you can run and be competitive with the stock one as well.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Hey Guys,
Thank for the response on the previous question but i got one more. I am switching my car from a Adrian based setup to a Padillla based setup and i was wondering how critical is it to have the exact same shock length when following the setup sheet. Before you get buck wild on me i have always followed the setup sheets passed to be to the T. However, since my last setup I’ve had to cut the ball joints on my Tamiya shocks to aceive ride height. After having than done i noticed that there was so much material gone (aprx. 1mm) that i could vary my shock length too much before the shaft didn’t have enough threading to remain stable. Therefore my shock would sometime buckle causing it to separate and thus i loss control.

Thus i ask against, how important is it to use the same shock length in these setups? If i am able to make ride height, and my oil is the same, and my shocks are the same, wouldn’t the shock’s length not affect the car????

MI jeDI
The way I see shock length, as long as it's not limiting your droop and ride height and they are equal on both sides, it should be just fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.