Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

neas-

Check to make sure the spur gear adaptor is not hitting the upper deck. There was a run of adaptors that were slightly thicker..you may have one...I know I did.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: ...before I give up on the whole thing...

Well, it seems to be the alloy pulley???

I put the stock one back in and it the sound went away...

Anyone have any trouble with the alloy pulley (20t)? You need to CA the sides onto the pulley correct?
-s

Originally posted by _neas_
I posted awhile back about a problem I was having with a clicking noise when I let up on the throttle, or when going in reverse.

While not a solution, I got an ESC that doesn't have reverse...which is better for racing..but the problem still exists. I didn't mess with it too much the past week, because I was waiting on the grey belts, when I got them in I took apart essentially the entire car and put it back together with the new belts...I thought doing that might allow the problem to work itself out.

It didnt

Basically it goes like this: when I give it throttle it accelrates fine but as I let up it makes this horrible clicking sound till the motor stops. It has made this sound through two motors and two speed controls, so I will rule them out.

Any ideas?
its not the batteries rubbing, or the mesh of the pinion spur, all the bearings involved are smooth, the diffs run smooth, the belts are new, no teeth are missing on the pulleys/diffs/spur/pinion...nothing seems to bind.

I have the alloy pulley on there, and I am going to dig up the stock one and see if that helps...

Also, how do I get 64p ratios from the stock numbers (84,24, I think)? I have the adapter, and want to rule out the stock spur and the pinion I am using...
Old 03-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ttt
Old 03-26-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

racer X- See ya back at home sometime soon. Time to get ready for some outdoor racing.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Ok, more questions

Hey guys...A few more questions for you Axis 2 setup Gurus...
What is the best/easiest way to set droop on these cars, and what is a good starting point, and what affect does droop have on the handling?
Also, what affect does Anti-Squat have on handling?? What do you recommend for Anti-Squat on a medium grip asphalt surface?

Thanks!!! Sooner or later, we'll get these suckers dialed in!!

Ron
Old 03-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AZ_RON--

droop has a few effects on the handling, first droop can effect how much the car will lean in a turn allowingthe car to transition from left to right quicker and vice-versa.

Second droop also effects the amount of traction your car has during specific points while running.

--- Too little front droop (less up travel) takes away on-power steering.

---- Too little rear droop reduces rear traction while braking.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Setting droop

So what is the best way to set the droop on an Axis2?
I thought I'd seen someone post on this forum to take the wheels off, and lay it on a flat table, and adjust the droop to where the arms just touched the table...we seem to be unable to get them this low, as the inside of the arm starts to touch the chassis. When someone say ##mm of droop, where are you measuring that from? Is that will the car on a flat surface, and then measured from the bottom outside of the arm to the table, or ????

Thanks!!!!

Ron
Old 03-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pick up an associated droop guage, they only cost $2 and work perfectly.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Droop

What is a good setting for droop to start with for a medium bite asphalt track, running rubber tires...??

Thanks!

Ron
Old 03-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Hey AZ!!
Hopefully this will end your droop dillema.

Place the car on a flat even surface (full electronics) after you've set ride height,camber and tweak. With an exacto knife find the midpoint of the upper susp. mount and lift very slowly. The wheel that leaves the surface first is out of whack. Adjust and repeat 'til both wheels leave the surface at the same time. You need to set your up-travel first before doing this.

Now setting the droop(most A2 guys keep it between 1-2mm,3-4mm if you're outdoors on uneven pavement) is just as easy.
Again place the car on even surface blah blah blah. Now slowly raise the car until all "up-travel" is used. Measure that height with your ride height guage. The difference between your ride height and your full up-travel is the droop. Joila!! I like to keep about 2mm up front and 1.5 in the rear. If I need to take off just a hair ttraction or add a hair off traction , I will adjust the droop first. My next steps would be to change lower shock locations,upper locations then spring rate.Not at the same time,but in that order until I get a good setup.

I've played with anti squat, but never really could feel a difference. So, after a few months of worrying about it, I just went to 0 and haven't touched it since. Take care--Al
Old 03-27-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Great info Big Al!!! What do you mean by Travel up? How do you adjust Travel up? What does Travel up effect? Anyone???
Old 03-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Doggs.....He is talking about a way to measure your Droop by measuring your UP-Travel. If you read what he says its a good description on what it does and how to do it.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

You can increase up-travel by lenghtening the shocks and adjusting for more droop. The car will get very sluggish and have a lot of body roll. Not good!!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Fellas!! I assume that you use the threads on the threaded shocks to get both wheels to lift off the ground at the same time??? If one tire is out of whack(you know it lifts up 1st)do you adjust the threaded shock on the same side that is lifting up 1st, if so which way???
Old 03-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Also i'm still a little confused about this up travel thing!!! Hey Caramba!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.