Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I understand that but I think the biggest fix was it moved the camber links out over the hinge pins like the front are and like the rubber tire towers are. I will try it your way and then try the mod'd tower and see which way I am faster....ultimately that's all that matters
Old 06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

definitely. there is more than one way to skin a cat. there's no right or wrong alignment, as long as the others compliment each other. on my custom ec car, my front links are short, and the rears are long. for some reason, this car also takes more castor to feel the same as my stock ec. the two setups are different, but they drive very similar.

Last edited by seaball; 06-19-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I'm looking for a layshaft mount for the older Mi2, part # U2725. I need the one that is on the battery side. If any of you long time Mi2 racers have one floating about dig it up for me, I'll be happy to pay a few bux for it-I just dont want to pay like 40 dollars for the pair when I only need one (screw broke off inside it, how I dont know ) Lmk if you can help, thanks.

Last edited by nf_ekt; 06-20-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I'm looking for a layshaft mount for the older Mi2, part # U2725. I need the one that is on the battery side. If any of you long time Mi2 racers have one floating about dig it up for me, I'll be happy to pay a few bux for it-I just dont want to pay like 40 dollars for the pair when I only need one (screw broke off inside it, how I dont know ) Lmk if you can help, thanks.
U2725 is now $21.99. For some reason the website is not taking the price change. I am looking into that now. If you need one just call us and since you are in FL you will get it tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hey John check with eric I gave him a box full of spare parts for the mi2 and im pretty sure that there was a couple there.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

i GOT A PAIR i'LL TRADE YA
Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Thanks Adrian, if I cant get the rest of the broken screw out i'll give a ring.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Steering Mod

Here are some pics of the steering mod that Im doing using the HPI Pro-4 plate. I know that Clint and others have asked for it and I have time now to post them. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-hpisteering2.jpg   Schumacher Corner-hpisteering.jpg  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Here are some pics of the steering mod that Im doing using the HPI Pro-4 plate. I know that Clint and others have asked for it and I have time now to post them. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
What are these mods, and the other simlar ones I've seen designed to do? what is their on-track effect?

Skiddins
Old 06-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks, Kev. That looks pretty good.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What are these mods, and the other simlar ones I've seen designed to do? what is their on-track effect?

Skiddins
For me the mod makes the cars steering feel more linear through full steering travel. On carpet with foams and the stock system the car always felt like it had a steering spike in the middle of the steering movement and the car seemed to always act like it was draging the front inside tire around the corner. I started to play with the stock center track rod and I saw the effects that it had. So I tried this track rod and it helped with that problem. By steering spike I mean the cars steering feel stock was like it would have an increase of steering input in the middle of the wheel movement. Then towards the end of the movement it would be ever increasing the amount of steering until the inside tire would start to feel like it was just locking up around the corner. You can kind of fix this with running washers behind the steering knuckle but you end up limiting the throw so much that it gets hard to turn the car around on some tighter tracks. Also I moved the ball stud on the bell crank to the inside hole and spaced out the ball stud on the servo arm to keep it in line. This will also help take away any twitchyness right off center that the car seems to have on high bite. These are just my findings on what I have seen and how my car has reacted to my changes.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
For me the mod makes the cars steering feel more linear through full steering travel. On carpet with foams and the stock system the car always felt like it had a steering spike in the middle of the steering movement and the car seemed to always act like it was draging the front inside tire around the corner. I started to play with the stock center track rod and I saw the effects that it had. So I tried this track rod and it helped with that problem. By steering spike I mean the cars steering feel stock was like it would have an increase of steering input in the middle of the wheel movement. Then towards the end of the movement it would be ever increasing the amount of steering until the inside tire would start to feel like it was just locking up around the corner. You can kind of fix this with running washers behind the steering knuckle but you end up limiting the throw so much that it gets hard to turn the car around on some tighter tracks. Also I moved the ball stud on the bell crank to the inside hole and spaced out the ball stud on the servo arm to keep it in line. This will also help take away any twitchyness right off center that the car seems to have on high bite. These are just my findings on what I have seen and how my car has reacted to my changes.
my mod did the same for me,it made my car much easier to drive through the slow,tight sections of the track without scrubing so much speed ,and I was much more comfortable with the feel of the car...and the lap times showed!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I haven't had a chance to run mine yet but what I've noticed about the steering throw, I don't get the slop on the inside tire with the wheels at full lock. Stock when you turn the wheel full lock, the inside tire just kind of flops around. Most guys will put shims in to stop this but like Kevin said, that limits the overall throw of the steering. With mine, you turn the wheel all the way and there's none of that. We'll see how well it works Saturday
Old 06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Maybe I can get this mod in for this weekends race and see how it feels.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Kev,

Hey I probably won't see you before I hit the track...but...

Can you list the parts you used to do this....Pro4 Steering rack, ect?

Thanks....Do I need to make a Schumacher tips site now?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.