New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
From the CRC Gen-X Tuning Guide:

"...Adding rear droop (up to about 3mm max) can give the car more rear grip and a more consistent feel on bumpy tracks. On smooth tracks, the car will not use this extra travel and you will notice very little difference, if any."

Anyone disagree with this statement? Not all tracks are consistently bumpy or consistently smooth, so might it make sense to always run up to 3mm of droop?
Dumper is correct, I personally like a very responsive car and run less droop and let the car bounce around more
Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use Losi silicone diff fluid myself, but whatever is available to you will work. I like to tube the Losi comes in. There really is not a need to change the side springs, but if you decide to do that, I would not change the tube lube at the same time. Change one thing, and then if you decide you need more dampening, then change the tube lube. Depending on the bite you are running on, you might need to drop to 30,000 or even 10,000.

dumper
Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dumper you have a PM
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
I use Losi silicone diff fluid myself, but whatever is available to you will work. I like to tube the Losi comes in. There really is not a need to change the side springs, but if you decide to do that, I would not change the tube lube at the same time. Change one thing, and then if you decide you need more dampening, then change the tube lube. Depending on the bite you are running on, you might need to drop to 30,000 or even 10,000.

dumper
Great, I appreciate the help. So you think I will always be with the white springs even in mod? I really like the car so far. Once I figure out the tubes and springs I should have it super dialed in no time.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What is the popular body with this car? The track surface looks to be about 100 x 50. I plan on running 17.5 or 13.5 lipo depending on what turnout is. Which servos do not require any redrill of the chassis?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
What is the popular body with this car?
The Audi R8C;
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719024

Hope this helps,
CD
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

Which servos do not require any redrill of the chassis?
Right Side
JR 3650
JR 3550
Expert 451
Hitec 225

Left Side
Futaba 9650
KO 949
Air/Sanwa 94141
Air/Sanwa 94145

Hope this helps,
CD
Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

CDW- Thanks for all the information.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

CDW- Thanks for all the information.
No problem, glad I could help...
CD
Old 10-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Problem

I have a somewhat frustrating problem with my car that I could use some help with.

The short version is that the pod does not sit level with the chassis.

The longer version is this: pod was built off of the cars. It sits level and flat on the setup board with absolutely no tweek. Chassis is built up the same. It sits perfectly level and flat on it's own. Connected together without the shock attached everything sits level and flat. Connect the shock and the right side of the pod sits 0.5mm higher than the left. This is seen when sitting on the board or sitting on 10mm blocks or sitting with the wheels on the car. A few other notes: side springs are backed all the way off and are not touching the pod, damper tubes are off the car, rear bulkheads are not bent, lower pod plate is new, screws on the side links have been backed off and the links will actually fall under their own weight.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkdut
I have a somewhat frustrating problem with my car that I could use some help with.

The longer version is this: pod was built off of the cars. It sits level and flat on the setup board with absolutely no tweek. Chassis is built up the same. It sits perfectly level and flat on it's own. Connected together without the shock attached everything sits level and flat. Connect the shock and the right side of the pod sits 0.5mm higher than the left. This is seen when sitting on the board or sitting on 10mm blocks or sitting with the wheels on the car. A few other notes: side springs are backed all the way off and are not touching the pod, damper tubes are off the car, rear bulkheads are not bent, lower pod plate is new, screws on the side links have been backed off and the links will actually fall under their own weight.

Any thoughts?
Possibly stupid question, but how much pod droop did you set and is it equal side to side at the rear of the pod?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is the popular body with this car?
Protoform AMR12 works really good too.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/07/exclusi...12-body-shell/
Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut

Any thoughts?
Make sure the axle height adjusters match. Pull them out and prove that they really do line up.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
Possibly stupid question, but how much pod droop did you set and is it equal side to side at the rear of the pod?
Running at 1mm and it appear to be fairly equal at the rear. With the shock on it wants to lift the front right corner of the pod.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Make sure the axle height adjusters match. Pull them out and prove that they really do line up.
The issue is independent of the axle height adjusters and occurs even with no axle in the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.