Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by crashed_1
I've stripped 2 sets of 16/61 spur/pinion combo in 3 tanks...i never got it to work too but hell that combo will launch the car to the stars...pity it fails.
Didn't you mention that it was because of the engine mount to the crankscase was loose?

How did I get mine to work? I drive on cruise mode?

I notice that with your current meshing on your car, I personally found it too loose for my liking ! I would mesh it further in but that's me...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
An on-board, self contained digital battery voltage monitor. Moving your servos show loaded battery voltage. The actual voltage, not a simulated load. You are able to see battery's voltage to the nearest 10mV in easy to read digits.
Cool gadget but for me, there is too much cluttering on the car. Since you do not have rules, run the car as light as you can !

Anyway, why do you want to monitor the voltage? Your HRS 3PK would go into failsafe mode and lock the throttle servo once your receiver pack goes down to 4.8V.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by InitialD
Didn't you mention that it was because of the engine mount to the crankscase was loose?

How did I get mine to work? I drive on cruise mode?

I notice that with your current meshing on your car, I personally found it too loose for my liking ! I would mesh it further in but that's me...
The meshing loosens itself after a hard days of trashing (wear)...I'm gonna give the 16/61 combo one more try, if it strips again...then back to good ol' 60...gets the job done.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks !

710 sold... =)
I will still keep in touch though,

I want to thank you guys because in this thread I have learned very much. I want to thank you for you patience when I asked silly and repetitive questions.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Cool gadget but for me, there is too much cluttering on the car. Since you do not have rules, run the car as light as you can ! [/QUOTE

[/B][/QUOTEAnyway, why do you want to monitor the voltage? Your HRS 3PK would go into failsafe mode and lock the throttle servo once your receiver pack goes down to 4.8V. [/B]

The weight without Fuel and Body is 1692g

The monitor will allow me to check if the Servos are doing too much strength so I can fix it or adjust it, this voltage meter weights very little. I am using an 850 GP batteries, I try to avoid getting to 4.8V must of the time.

Must of the Mugen cars weights more than 1700 without body and fuel so I am very light compare to them, but I am learning, only a year since I started raising with my Impulse Pro and now only one month since I started with the 710

I learn a loot from this forum.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what do you have now, profoxcg
Old 05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

710 sold... =)

can I say "MUGEN MTX-3"..............................
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
wow how did i miss that ! i guess it gives better throttle control
Well, I actually put in a longer piece of fuel tubing on the brake linkage and then I put the small piece in with the spring onto the throttle, so that you have more travel on the servo for the brake, gives a more gradual and more precise brake response. (in Theory and testing it it seems to do so) I am running my car for the first time this weekend, not at the track yet, I have not paid my membership fees so I will be looked at funny if I just went, I need to runn everything in, and get everything setup, IE the clutch, the steering and all that, get the car to how I like it, at least into the ballpark, then dial it in from there at the track.

I have been moved from one support site to another. What a difference, here it is busy as heck, but it is a pleasure to do support again, not that junk I was doing there... 'Firefighting' if you know what I mean.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Nitropimp
can I say "MUGEN MTX-3"..............................
Well, Mr Pimp man... If everyone liked or wanted a 710, who would be left to run the Mugens... We would have no competition... Or bashing in our forums if everyone wanted a 710?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
Well, I actually put in a longer piece of fuel tubing on the brake linkage and then I put the small piece in with the spring onto the throttle, so that you have more travel on the servo for the brake, gives a more gradual and more precise brake response. (in Theory and testing it it seems to do so) I am running my car for the first time this weekend, not at the track yet, I have not paid my membership fees so I will be looked at funny if I just went, I need to runn everything in, and get everything setup, IE the clutch, the steering and all that, get the car to how I like it, at least into the ballpark, then dial it in from there at the track.
When you start using drag brake, spring on the brake linkage instead of fuel tubing is smoother.
But pay attention on the brake EPA(travel) should not exceed the throttle EPA, otherwise you strain the servo very hard.
I loose one already
Old 05-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by cox049
Mark, I'm sorry about your engine pal... races are races

Why don't you use that extra engine in your 710 instead of insisting with the 705
I have two JPs on their way one for the 1/8th killer project and now one for the 710
Old 05-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by BaxterC
Well, Mr Pimp man... If everyone liked or wanted a 710, who would be left to run the Mugens... We would have no competition... Or bashing in our forums if everyone wanted a 710?
Old 05-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: I can smile again!

A lower rear roll center due to the smaller spacer makes the rear end stick better.
I checked in the 710 setup book and that's what was recommended - work a treat!!!

That is why I believe Julius found out that the ideal rear oll center and camber change comes from the 4 mm spacer.
Do you mean I should go 1mm lower, or is 4mm the minimum that can be used?

6 hours? What a nice life !
It's hell I have to go again today.....and tomorrow....and.....
Old 05-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by markp27
I checked in the 710 setup book and that's what was recommended - work a treat!!!
Yup. I hear our competitors are also using that book to solve their car handling problems !

Do you mean I should go 1mm lower, or is 4mm the minimum that can be used?
Well, there is no minimum. From what I read, Julius mentioned that 4 mm was the sweat spot ! You can try 3 mm or 5 mm. Perhaps it will or will not be better.

It's hell I have to go again today.....and tomorrow....and.....
If that's hell, I want to go to !
Old 05-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: I can smile again!

I have two JPs on their way one for the 1/8th killer project and now one for the 710
Let's hope at the end of the day they give you 3 engines then or charge you only for 1 engine instead of 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.