what would a TA05 have that the 415 doesn't
Contestant: "Easy question... a TUB CHASSIS of course"
Talk Show Host: "ding ding ding... Correct!"

Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problems with the TRF415

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Thanks people for your comments.

Do you guys think that the 415 could be followed by a TA05. Looking at Tamiya's history of sticking to brands that sell, and what would a TA05 have that the 415 doesn't

Ta
A TA05 will have no graphite or alloy IMHO and would be a base spec car, like a TB02 is in comparison to a Evo 3 S. Rick
Old 03-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Its a known secret that a TA05 will follow shortly. Maybe as soon as in 2 or 3 months.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default vrmm

Darn !!!...I was hoping you'd say something like

"Hey, the TA04 you have was the last one, no more TA0X in the pipeine, so wake-up and smell the solder, get a trf415 and in case the TA05 arrives, well...er...get that one too"

Okay, I guess I don't need double-ply toilet paper anymore, will just have to do with single-ply........man this hobby sucks wonderfully....I luvvittttt.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

well, the question of another new release from tamiya would be highly expected, a ta05??? not doubtful.....

however, beware that there might be a 415 SE or Evo4!!!

heck, just beginning to love being a collector......
Old 03-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windtalkers
well, the question of another new release from tamiya would be highly expected, a ta05??? not doubtful.....

however, beware that there might be a 415 SE or Evo4!!!

heck, just beginning to love being a collector......
most likely there will be a 415 SE in Red. I'll wait to buy that one.... by the time that SE car gets released...I"ll be tired of my Pro4...
Old 03-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

darn!!! just about to buy the 414M2.
when they gona pause producing for awhile?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Spool

Last edited by rtypec; 03-21-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:32 AM
The Evicerator

That just looks like both outdrives will freewheel together instead of independently

But then again... I don't know anything about that car's one way
Old 03-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: Problems with the TRF415

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Is it just me or does someone else out there also realize that, for a brand new car/design, you people are doing an awfull amount of "factory work" on your cars. I mean, prepping chassis with sandpaper, belts that can't be easily adjusted, C1 C2 left Right, pulley holes that are too large and belts that sound awful.

For almost 500 bucks, I would expect Tamiya to sort out this nonsense during the prototyping of this car/design. Lets get real here, this TRF 4X chassis has been around for the while, I don't want to spend this kind of money and still need to sort out design issues, be that on an actual car/toaster/telephone.

And this is not about getting your hands dirty, no, it seems you're not there yet if you have to complete the chassis's construction and modify fittings.

We should be optimizing and tune a chassis using other components that make sense, fit well, and work as designed not complete the manufacturer's design, so that they can scan forums like these and finalize their cars' design with an "updated version" or VERSION 2 of everything.

Just my impatient thortz, not offending anybody because most of you might just be enjoying this

Ta
No offense taken, but I would be hard pressed to think of any manufacturers "Racing" chassis that did not require some amount of prep work, chassis, drive train, tweek... etc.

The reality is, the higher performance the car...the more that will be asked of the owner...money...time...more money...more time...

The question still remains, how fast do you want to go?

Last edited by madjack; 03-16-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evicerator
That just looks like both outdrives will freewheel together instead of independently

But then again... I don't know anything about that car's one way
Hehehe that's what I thought too,at first, but I think he may have used two right or left one-way havles. Unlike the Evo3, the front of the 415 uses a one-way bearing on each half and each half bolts together with the pulley sandwiched inbetween. So by using two of the same, they will be locking each other out
Old 03-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

that's a brilliant idea. i have actually wanted to run a spool with a center layshaft one way for a while now. just haven't done it. this coupling of the two outdrives effectively does the same thing. just that the one way is mounted on in the pully so it changes the rotating mass associated with the freewheeling of the front end.

nice work, especially since it didn't take a machinist to accomplish it.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well, as far as "updates", how many times has the TC3 been changed? lessee... droop screws added, people using the nitro rack, milling the battery slots, rear shock tower on front, losi rear hubs, etc... xray? lets try... T1, T1evo, evo2, now Factory car. Losi? Graphite plus, offset carriers, belts... as you can see, every car kit manufacturer changes things along the way. as people use the car, they adapt and change to what most try to run. i am currently waiting for my 415 from my local LHS... i have ran most all the normal cars, tc3, xxxs, xray, etc. and i always come back to my Tamiyas... plus, i usually like to be different than all the rest of the guys at the track!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Hehehe that's what I thought too,at first, but I think he may have used two right or left one-way havles. Unlike the Evo3, the front of the 415 uses a one-way bearing on each half and each half bolts together with the pulley sandwiched inbetween. So by using two of the same, they will be locking each other out
rod.. how available are the 415 one ways though? id love to be the first one to give this a shot and let you guys know. but how difficult will it be for me to find the F103 part?

also.. what about the center one way.. anyone with suggestions yet? id really like to use this car at reedy (that is if i get in)
Old 03-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Chris I have 2 cars coming 1 specifically for building the center shaft and the spool. Troy is going to be doing all the work like he did with the spools that alot of people here have for the E3. He is working with Steve @ Speedtech to carry the parts at a great price and alot easier availability. He is also working on some parts for the R3 and Yok SD.

Punkynutt- some of the parts we are talking about are also specifically for 1 race which is Reedy. No 1-ways are allowed and Tamiya has no plans to make the spool or center shaft so we are on our own. This is from supported drivers who are trying to help get the parts available for others here also. C1, C2 are tuning options and belt tension is preference. Chassis sanding is also personal pref. Rod is the king of bling just look at that face how can he not be. Well maybe I have that part wrong. If you have other Tamiya's you should really appreciate what has happened in the last 3 years, now you have a car that is ready to compete out of the box with any other "Pro" level chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.