Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
tamiya is generous
But pricey...
Old 03-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by eeyan
But pricey...
I'm afraid if you want luxuries...you gotta pay for 'em.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by g4t2
I'm afraid if you want luxuries...you gotta pay for 'em.
True... but dang, most I paid for a single chassis is $500... 414m2-WCR...

I wonder how much it is now? (probably less than a 415... Oh well...)
Old 03-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

steve.. any word on the 415 preorders?

btw.. anymore room? izzy wants one too!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Holmenkollen
Just built my 415. Got a lot of spacers over. Are Tamiya generous or have I missed something?
Since Tamiya billed this as a kit for "advanced users," these spacers are almost necessary as they are used throughout for tuning and adjusting your car.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

jeff

how'd did u finish last night? 415 is looking good. PM me your set up so i can try it out
Old 03-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rainbowten has the OP687 rear hubs. Does anyone know if Tamiya makes the front C1 and C2 spindles in blue aluminium? And the part number? I know Square makes them in Red and Blue... but R10 was out of the Blue ones....
Old 03-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally posted by KilRuf
Rainbowten has the OP687 rear hubs. Does anyone know if Tamiya makes the front C1 and C2 spindles in blue aluminium? And the part number? I know Square makes them in Red and Blue... but R10 was out of the Blue ones....
Try checking Ebay for the rear hubs. I know two sellers from HongKong had it up for auction. Can't remember how much they were selling it & I also noticed they had spare parts for the TRF415 already too up for auction.

(Is it okay to mention EBay here?)
Old 03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally posted by JRRobiso
Try checking Ebay for the rear hubs. I know two sellers from HongKong had it up for auction. Can't remember how much they were selling it & I also noticed they had spare parts for the TRF415 already too up for auction.

(Is it okay to mention EBay here?)
Here's the link for the rear hubs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename=rvi:1:1
Old 03-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Aluminum Rear Hubs

I still cannot understand why the alumnium hubs. Other than the bling factor, can someone tell me what benefits they bring? 1 degree give you some tuning options but doesn't it carry extra unsprung weight? Also, in a bad crash, wouldn't the plastic one hold up better as alumnium might bend? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Default Re: Aluminum Rear Hubs

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I still cannot understand why the alumnium hubs. Other than the bling factor, can someone tell me what benefits they bring? 1 degree give you some tuning options but doesn't it carry extra unsprung weight? Also, in a bad crash, wouldn't the plastic one hold up better as alumnium might bend? Thanks!
jeff its always about the bling!

actually in a crash.. the alum. hubs will just transfer the damage somewhere else.. like the tires or the arms or something. id rather just carry $10 worth of spares for rear hubs instead of paying $30 for the alum. hubs.. then again.. they do look nice!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Red face Re: Aluminum Rear Hubs

Originally posted by jeffreylin

I agree with you on that. I'd rather use the CGM rear uprights rather than aluminum. Aluminum may look way cool but not cost effective. It's the same reason(s) why racers never use aluminum wheels for racing. Even on monster trucks. But if we're going to talk about the front/rear bulkheads, I'd choose aluminum anytime over plastic or CGM plastic bulkheads.

But that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by KilRuf
Tamiya dont make one up to now.. But I think it`s better to change the Chub to aluminum for caster tuning option than the knuckle (C1/C2) since it host the bearings and axles.

For Chubs, find the one made by RACY, it`s much much better in finish quality than Square one.

RCY-RTA016 Racy, TB EVO Alu C-hub 5deg
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Aluminum Rear Hubs

Originally posted by Hebiki
jeff its always about the bling!

actually in a crash.. the alum. hubs will just transfer the damage somewhere else.. like the tires or the arms or something. id rather just carry $10 worth of spares for rear hubs instead of paying $30 for the alum. hubs.. then again.. they do look nice!
I guess it is about the bling...I am guilty myself (you saw the shocks last night). Anyway. This car is damn tough but my rims are taking all the hits now. I cracked 2 Tamiya rims last night during practice and race. I am going to try the Yokomo ones and see if they hold up better.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Beside bling it is also about tuning. The Alu hubs have 3 holes for the vertical ball stud. You can use the different lengths and also move the ball vertically. Jeff there might be a touch of weight penalty but also if the fine tuning is there the parts will stay on my car. For those who don't use them or don't want the alum parts, you have four current options for roll at the hub the 2d rear upright and the 1d that came on the 04 and the new 02. The link locations are different on each upright.

I have 2 sets coming 1 for the SE3 and 1 for the 415 when Fred gets them in. Rod any word yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.